While operating the QuickBooks in the old version of Windows then, you get bumped into the errors. QuickBooks diagnostic tool is a solution for those errors. The function of this tool calibrates and finds out the reasons and automatically fixes them within a short span. In this article, you get to know about the diagnostic tool from how QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is installed to how it works.
What is QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks diagnostic tool meaning is in its name implies that this tool diagnoses the QuickBooks Error that occurs during the period of installation. It is launched by Intuit to rectify the different errors. The purpose of the QuickBooks diagnostic tool is to monitor and screening problems and pinpoints that particular error in the system. This diagnostic tool test the hardware device or software program to verify it’s working as it should be.
How does the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool work?
QuickBooks Diagnostic tool is formulated to detect installation errors and provide solutions for them. This tool also helps to let you know about the QuickBooks installation. .NET Framework, MSXML & C++ errors are also rectified with the help of this diagnostic tool. QuickBooks diagnostic tool works frequently and accurately to detect the issue so that it will take less time for the repair.
Learn how to Download and Install the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Here, QuickBooks shows you the right way for downloading and installing the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- First, you have to open the QuickBooks application, and where you have to click on the download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save the set-up file in the system where you can find it easily.
- Once the download is done, a screen display on your system which is the QuickBooks Company File diagnostic tool in the form of ‘QBInstall_tool_v2.exe’
- Close all the opened files in your operating system
- Now, you have to click twice on the QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file and then, proceed with the on-screen instructions
- After that, reboot your system after the diagnostic process
- Close all the background apps and refresh your system
- Now, QuickBooks diagnostic tool is ready to detect the errors.
Important points while using the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Do not open the other programs or application while the installation process is ongoing
- After the installation, its automation feature detects the error and starts rectifying it. In case your system performance is slow due to heavy files then you need to restart your system
- If you get the notification that says- No errors were detected; in that case, your problem is still not rectified.
- After using the tool, you might require to activate your QuickBooks again.
How QuickBooks works to resolve the different variation of installation errors?
QuickBooks diagnostic tool is a very helpful tool that resolves the issue with their concern. Here some rectified solutions are given below:
Update your system by downloading the latest version of it
This solution helps you to resolve the problem related to the .NET Framework, C++, or MSXML.
- Go to the Start menu
- Quest the latest Windows Update in the search field
- Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions carefully
- Install the updates
- After completion of updates, reboot your system
- Now, your system is completely safe from the errors
‘RUN’ the Diagnostic Tool in the QuickBooks
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in your system
- Check the file Windows Desktop saved or not
- Shut down all the applications that opened in the background
- Now you can opt for the RUN the tool
- For the verification of the QuickBooks updates, you need to reboot the system.
Tool Hub assists to operate the Diagnostic Tool
- First, you need to install the tool hub in your system
- After installing the tool hub, open it and visit the installation problem section
- In that section, an option QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool is visible to you, click on it and operate the tool
- The tool is scanned for at least 20 minutes. Wait until the scanning complete
- After the completion of the process, reboot your system and verify the install program done or not.
Operate the system in Selective Start-up mode
- Go to the Start menu
- Search the Programs and Files in the search field
- Now, open the MSConfig
- Then, open the General tab and choose the option Selective startup and load system services
- Select the Services tab and opt for the option Hide all Microsoft Services
- Then, you need to click on the Disable All option
- After that, you require to Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services
- At the end of this process, agree with the OK option and reboot the System configuration window.
Learn About: QuickBooks Tool Hub
In this article, QuickBooks diagnostic tool is designed by Intuit. QuickBooks provides a description of the diagnostic tool along with its functioning. In return, QuickBooks expects that it resolves your issue instantly. If you are not able to resolve the issue and the computer is still showing the same error. Then, you need urgent help to know the exact reason for the problem. QuickBooks experts are always up to solve your problem via Live Chat.
How to restore a backup for the QuickBooks Company File?
When you planned to restore the QuickBooks Company File, create an alternative copy for the backup files
- Open the file menu in your QuickBooks and select the option Open and Restore Company
- Now, you have to opt for the Restore a backup copy and proceed with the Next option
- Then, select the Local backup and proceed with the Next option
- After that, search in your system to back up the company file
- Now, select the folder according to your preference
- Once you are done with these formalities you need to click on the Save for the changes that you have made.
What are the main points that should be considered before operating the diagnostic tool?
Before operating the diagnostic tool you should consider the below-mentioned points:
- Check to Test your connectivity: This will help you to check the workstation connectivity.
- Diagnose connection tab: This tab will assist you to check the system and also set up the data for company files for both the user-: single-user and multi-user mode
- Firewall status: This will guide you about the basic of the firewall that protects your system from the harmful viruses
What is the basic method to check your connectivity?
The basic method for check out the test your connectivity is:
- You have to click on the option that mentioned besides the company file main field, where you need to locate your company file name
- Prefer a Linux system if you afford a good connection for the system.
- To start the process, you need to replace the hosting server check dialogue box.