QuickBooks not responding after login / QuickBooks stopped working after login / QuickBooks gets crashed after login / QuickBooks not working after login
QuickBooks accounting software simplifies the accounting process for small businesses, but it is not without flaws that can disrupt productivity. A problem has been noticed by certain users while using QB. It may be unpleasant for users to resolve the QuickBooks not responding after the login issue. Sometimes, QuickBooks gets crashed after login or stopped working after login into the account. To ease your process in troubleshooting we’ve come up with this blog to discuss all possible options to deal with the “QuickBooks not responding after login” problem.
However, we are aware of how annoying it must have been for you because it has brought all of your work to a halt. Therefore, you must correct it as soon as possible. Before you do that, you should learn about the probable causes of the problem; this will make troubleshooting much easier.
What triggers the “QuickBooks not responding after login” issue?
There are a variety of reasons why your QuickBooks stopped working after login or QB gets crashed after login as it should be behind every technical fault in QB. Because QuickBooks is a multi-user platform, this type of error is to be expected. However, because the server may be delayed, QuickBooks performance may be affected. Users may be concerned since they are unable to open a QuickBooks account because of this problem.
Your “QuickBooks not working after login” for one of the reasons are jotted below:
- The first, and most likely, cause is a faulty hard drive (on which the program and data are stored)
- When the QBWUSER.INI file is missing from your system or is corrupted due to a variety of factors
- Because the company name is quite long (Change Company Name in QB), limited errors occur, and the software crashes and refuses to open
- Your computer’s operating system has been corrupted
- Other QuickBooks software files could have been corrupted
- QB Desktop was either not downloaded correctly or the installer was corrupted
- QuickBooks is not being recognized as safe software by your computer’s window defender system or antivirus program.
How to identify QuickBooks not responding after login?
Aside from the causes, you must be dealing with the fact that your system is acting strangely. You can validate the error that “QuickBooks stopped working after login” by knowing the symptoms, and then you can look for a fix for the issue based on the symptoms:
- If QuickBooks isn’t operating, it will keep restarting
- QuickBooks and your system will both stop responding
- The computer system will hang or freeze, and the commands will be ignored
- When you try to open the company file, QuickBooks crashes. (QuickBooks won’t let you open your company files)
- Multiple error messages appear on your computer screen all the time including:
- QuickBooks not responding after login
- QuickBooks stopped working after login
- QuickBooks gets crashed after login
- QuickBooks not working after login
You now have a comprehensive idea of why your QuickBooks has stopped working because you are aware of the reasons and symptoms. In this case, you can look for solutions to fix the issue and get QuickBooks back up and running on your PC.
- To begin, you must restart the system on which you are experiencing the QuickBooks problem. After you’ve rebooted your computer, you can use QuickBooks accounting software to get things done. To open QuickBooks Desktop in safe mode, hold down the CTRL key when clicking the Start button.
- Thereafter, the QuickBooks Refresher Tool, the QBinstall tool, the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and the QuickBooks System Repair Tool are among the tools you can use.
- You can also edit or delete the QBWUSER.INI file, open company files from a different place, create a Windows user account, disable the Firewall, and do a clean install.
Troubleshooting methods to get rid of “QuickBooks not responding after login”
Method 1: Make use of the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
You can utilize a QuickBooks refresher tool if your QuickBooks stopped working after login. One of the best tools for troubleshooting common QuickBooks issues is QBRefresher. If your QuickBooks isn’t responding after you log in, use this tool to fix the problem.
Let’s have a look at how to download the QuickBooks refresher tool:
- Make sure the QuickBooks program isn’t open and if that’s the case then you should close your QB Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool and follow the on-screen instructions to install it
- You can run the refresher tool after the installation is complete
- Following that, the program will automatically identify the problem with your QuickBooks account and suggest solutions
- Finally, you can log in to your QuickBooks account to see if your problem has been resolved. If not, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Fix the error with QBWUSER.INI file
The QBWUSER.INI file can cause issues with your program, resulting in a “QuickBooks not responding after login” error. You can examine hidden files and folders in Advanced Settings to resolve this issue. After that, go to Windows settings and look for the QBWUSER.INI file, which you can then rename or delete.
- in the beginning, make sure you’re on your local desktop
- Next, press the Windows + E to bring up the computer window
- You can now look for the “Organise” tab and select “option
- Following that, you may choose your Folder and search options
- You can now select the View tab
- You can enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders option in Advanced Settings
- Under the Hidden Files and Folders options, select this option and then press the “Ok” button
- After that, navigate to My Computer and then to Drive C
- Then navigate to Documents and Settings >>> (Enter Your Username) >>> Local Settings > Application Data >>> Intuit to access QuickBooks (Year)
- At this point, you should be able to find the file QBWUSER.INI
- From this screen, you can either rename or delete the file from your system.
Method 3: Try disabling the Antivirus program
As previously stated, your antivirus application may fail to recognize the QuickBooks software, resulting in “QuickBooks gets crashed after login”. In this situation, you simply have to turn off the Antivirus program. To do so, follow the below steps:
- You can reboot your computer before turning off the antivirus
- Make sure your antivirus program is turned off if the problem appears on your screen
- Your QuickBooks account may begin to respond after disabling the antivirus service.
You can fix the issues in your QuickBooks accounting software by using the procedures listed above. Your QuickBooks stopped working for a variety of reasons. However, if you have a good understanding of the problem’s sources and symptoms, you can quickly remedy it.
Method 4: Make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You can simply fix a variety of issues with the QuickBooks application and company files by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. If QuickBooks does not reply on Windows 10 or 7, you should use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
To download and run the QuickBooks install utility on your PC, follow these steps:
- To start with downloading “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”
- Then save the downloaded file to your system somewhere you can easily find it
- After that, close all of the windows or programs that are currently open.
The “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” can then be used. It could take up to 20 minutes to complete the process. You can reboot your machine after the process is completed to reflect the changes that are made.
Method 5: Move your company file to a different location
If “QuickBooks not responding after login”, you can relocate the company files to a different location where you can readily access them. To do so, create a new folder, copy the data from the original folder, and then try to access the corporate files from there.
Here are the steps below to ease your process:
- Perform a right-clicking on the desktop screen, you can create a new folder
- Now, go to the QuickBooks company files folder and open it
- Using the “Ctrl + C” keys, copy the corporate files.
- Going ahead and opening the “New Folder” you just made
- Using the “Ctrl + V” keys followed by pasting the file
- Then press and hold the “Ctrl” key until the “No Company Open” window appears on your screen
- Select “Open a Company File” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Next” from the drop-down menu
- Go to the new folder where you saved the company file and look over it
- Select “Open” from the drop-down menu.
In this manner, you may open the QuickBooks company file from the new file location without getting the “QuickBooks not responding after login” error notice. Make sure you perform this method on a device that has access to your QB company files.
Method 6: Utilize the QuickBooks System Repair Tool
If your QuickBooks stopped working after login, you may easily fix the problem with the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Initially, download the QuickBooks repair tool
- Save the file to your desktop in a local folder
- After that, you can close all open apps before installing this tool
- Because running a scan can take up to 20 minutes, you’ll need to wait here once it’s finished
- Finally, you can restart the console to restore everything back to normal.
Method 7: Create a New User Account on Windows
In addition to QuickBooks, Windows user accounts might cause problems, resulting in QuickBooks not responding on Windows 7 or 10. Using a Windows account with no administrative privileges can result in such problems. As a result, we’ll show you how to establish a new Windows user account with administrative capabilities in this approach.
- Start the “Control Panel” program
- Select “User” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Create New User Choice” from the drop-down menu
- As a user type, select the “Administrator” option.
You can log out of your new account after it has been created. After that, restart your computer and log in with your Windows account. Make sure you’re logging in with the proper credentials. Move your QB business files to the desktop once you’ve finished. In the end, you can try opening QuickBooks and accessing your company file.
Method 8: Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub
If QuickBooks not responding after login or unable to open your company files, you should try using QuickBooks Tool Hub. It allows you to correct a variety of problems in your software and company files. Before continuing, you must first download the tool to your computer in order to use it to resolve issues. Try executing the following steps:
- If you have QuickBooks open, close it
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” file from your computer’s trusted sources
- Save the “QuickBooks tool hub.exe file” to a location where you can readily find it
- After that, open the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file by double-clicking on it
- To agree to the terms and conditions, follow the steps on your screen.
The tool will be downloaded and installed on your computer if you follow these steps. After that, you can run it to see how it works. You can do so by double-clicking the tool icon.
Method 9: Delete or Remove the QuickBooks Program from the Windows Firewall
Remove QuickBooks software from the Windows Firewall to avoid the “QuickBooks not responding after login” problem. To do so, go to the Windows Firewall settings and establish the Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.
Follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, press the Windows Start button
- Using the search bar, look for the “Windows Firewall”
- When you see “Windows Firewall” in the results, click on it
- From the “Advanced Settings”, right-click on the “Inbound Rules”
- Choose “New Rule” from the drop-down menu
- From the Programs menu, select the Next button
- Now select “This Program Path” from the drop-down menu
- Choose a location for QuickBooks’ files
- Select “Next” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Allow the Connection” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Next” from the drop-down menu
- Also, confirm that all of the choices are selected
- Select “Next” from the drop-down menu
- Fill in the new rule’s name
- Select the “Finish” button to end this process.
After you’ve finished setting up the inbound rule, you can move on to setting up the outbound rule using the same steps. All you have to do is go to the Advanced settings and select the outbound rules option. This will undoubtedly resolve the problem of “QuickBooks not responding after login”.
Method 10: Try reinstalling your QB using the Clean Install process
To begin, gather product information, uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, and then reinstall the QuickBooks program on your machine that is compatible. Also, because the data isn’t engaged in this, it won’t affect your accounting data. If QuickBooks stops operating when it opens, you will most likely be unable to use the program effectively. In this case, you can perform a clean install. Your QuickBooks program will be reinstalled as part of this procedure.
The steps involved under this process:
Step 1: Gather all the information related to the product
- Install QuickBooks according to your QuickBooks version
- Make a note of your QuickBooks program’s license number
- This information can be found on the package of your QuickBooks program
- If you bought QB software online, you should look for the product details in the email you received
- Make a note of the QuickBooks year and version, as well.
Step 2: Remove QuickBooks Desktop from the Control Panel
You can continue deleting the QuickBooks program from your computer once you’ve gathered all of the necessary product information:
- Using the Windows search bar, look for the “Control Panel”
- When you find it in the results, click on the Control Panel tab
- Select “Uninstall a program” from the drop-down list
- Change the setting to “Programs and Features”
- Select “Uninstall a Program” from the drop-down menu
- From the list of all programs, choose “QuickBooks”
- Select the “Uninstall/Change” from the drop-down menu followed by selecting the “Remove” option
- Once done with that, click on the “Next” button
- You can reinstall QuickBooks once you’ve completed the uninstallation process
- Later, you can see if the program and company files are easily accessible.
Step 3: Reinstall the QB software
When you’re done, download QuickBooks Desktop and reinstall it.
These are the possible fixes for the problem “QuickBooks stopped working after login” or ”QuickBooks gets crashed after login”. Hopefully, you’re able to assist you in resolving the “QuickBooks not responding after login” issue. Moreover, you can also take a look at some of our other articles by visiting our website Bigxperts.com. If you’re still having problems or facing the same error, it’s a good idea to get in touch with our experts. The highly qualified team will assist you in resolving this issue.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support