Many organizations around the globe rely on QuickBooks payroll to manage employees, run payroll and prepare taxes. It is a secure platform where users can easily save Personally Identifiable Information of their employees. Data is encrypted in order to protect confidential information about users and the employees of the organization. This software is offered by Intuit. Multiple plans are available for QB Payroll which enable users to customize their experience.
QuickBooks Payroll updates are released on a regular basis in order to address bugs and errors. Also, new features are introduced through these updates. Further, Intuit also provides regular updates for tax tables, withholding tables, tax forms, payroll items and tax tracking types. You should regularly update your software in order to stay up to date on the recent tax rate and to get the latest tax forms. Updates are rolled out for both Basic and Enhanced Payroll users.
Recent QuickBooks Payroll update include update 21716, 21714, 21713 and 21712. You need to install all of the updates in order to get the most recent tax tables and tax forms. Filing taxes incorrectly can attract hefty penalties and besmirch the goodwill of your brand. Avoid such issues by installing the latest QuickBooks Payroll updates.
The most recent QuickBooks payroll updates included:
- New and Revised Tax tables
- State tax forms for states including: Arizona, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Utah
- New Federal tax forms
- Electronic Tax File updates
- New Payroll items for New York Paid Family Leave Insurance and Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- New and Revised Withholding Tables
Further, notifications are released regularly in order to keep users informed about the recent changes that might affect them. News and notifications are also released on a regular basis. Users can stay up to date about the recent payroll and tax notifications by going to this link.
Some recently released payroll and tax notifications:
- Users filing W-2 forms from Maryland now need to include the NAICS(North American Industry Classification System) code on their form otherwise their form will be rejected. The NAICS code is used for classifying organizations according to different industries. Also, if you are filing taxes offline via mail, then make sure to print the forms with red ink.
- The default setting have been altered for Virginia Unemployment Insurance. From now, it will be exempt from HSA Pre Tax. Users can manually change this default settings according to their requirements.
- For New York Paid Family Leave Insurance, a new payroll item has been introduced. This item can be used by employers when funding the insurance pool. Employees can fund this pool themselves. You can find the new payroll item under taxes menu.
A lot more is included in these updates. Further, new version of QuickBooks Payroll Desktop are regularly released. You can upgrade to the new version for more tools and features that can simplify both running payroll and preparing taxes.
Need Professional Help?
If you need any help with installing QuickBooks Payroll update then feel free to contact QuickBooks Payroll Support team. Our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will optimize your payroll software and install the recent QuickBooks Payroll updates. You can contact us at (Toll Free.)
Related Post – Troubleshoot QuickBooks 2018 Installation Error