Business owners need sales receipt when their customers pay in full at the time of the sale. Sales receipts also help in recording the daily sales summary. While the invoice is used when the customer agrees to pay at the later date. QuickBook’s point of sale platform helps in the creation, edit, and update of the sales receipt.
Creation of sales receipt in QuickBooks POS
For using the sales receipt to record the daily sales summary you need to set up a customer with the name of daily sales (you can also pick a different name if you want to do so) and enter total sales of the day. You can follow the below steps to do the same:
- First of all, go to the QuickBooks home screen > customers menu >create or enter sales receipts.
- Now you need to select the customer or job from the customer: Job drop-down and if the customer is not on the list, you can click on add new.
- After that, you can fill in other relevant details like date, sales no. etc., and then you can choose the payment method.
Just for your information purpose, whenever you add a new item, the amount, description will be auto-populated based upon the description and unit cost which was entered earlier at the time of setting up the item. This information if required can be edited or altogether deleted at the time of recording or creation of invoices.
- In case you want to apply the discount, you need to create the discount item by following the below steps:
- First of all, go to the List > list menu > right-click new.
- Now in the new item window, select the type drop-down and choose discount. After that, you need to enter the item number and description.
- Now in the amount or percentage field, you need to enter the discount amount or percentage as applicable. And from the account drop-down, you need to select the income account that you want to use for tracking the discount.
Steps to edit sales receipt in QuickBooks
In case of any wrong customer information in receipt, you can follow below steps to edit the sales receipt.
- First of all, go to the Home screen > click on sales history > select the sales receipt to be edited.
- Now click on “I want to” and choose “change/Edit customer” > enter customer name and select the customer to apply the receipt and click on OK.
For deleting the sales receipt in QuickBooks POS
If you want to delete the old point of sales receipt in QuickBooks you need to follow the below steps:
- You need to click on the customer centre on the QuickBooks window
- Now you need to click on the customer’s name under customers & Jobs and click on “show” and “sales receipt”.
- Double click the receipt that you wish to delete and click on edit > delete sales receipt to remove the receipt from the records
If in case you need any help, please use LIVE CHAT
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support