QuickBooks Premier Stopped Working / QuickBooks Premier Suddenly Crashed / QuickBooks Premier Freezes Again & Again / QuickBooks Premiers not Responding / QuickBooks Premier has stopped working
QuickBooks has many errors and one of the most common is QuickBooks Premier not responding. It occurs unexpectedly for a variety of technical reasons and many of which are related to system issues. Some users may encounter this issue while performing a specific action for a variety of reasons, while others will not. Staying up to speed with the latest version of QuickBooks is usually a good idea to avoid problems like “QuickBooks not responding.”
It can also be caused by a company name that is too long, a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file, hard drive corruption, software file damage, or damage to the Windows operating system. This particular article covers all of the possible causes, symptoms, and solutions for the QuickBooks Premier not responding.
What gives rise to the “QuickBooks Premier not responding” issue?
When you encounter the error “QuickBooks has stopped working” or “QuickBooks not responding” which usually because of one of the following:
- The files that make up the Windows operating system have been corrupted.
- On your hard disk, there are damaged or corrupt sectors.
- The installation files for QB Desktop have been corrupted.
- QuickBooks is not installed successfully on Windows.
- The QBWUSER.INI file, which stores initialization information, is either missing or destroyed in Windows.
- The name of the QuickBooks company file is longer than the maximum number of characters allowed.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Premier not responding Error
Because this type of error can affect QuickBooks without displaying an error message, it’s critical to recognize the warning signs so you can fix them quickly. We’ve listed all possible symptoms that indicate QuickBooks not responding or is not opening error in the section below:
- The QuickBooks Desktop freezes and becomes unresponsive a few seconds after it is launched.
- On the QuickBooks window, the mouse pointer and keyboard become sluggish.
- When you open a company file in QuickBooks, it closes without warning or error message.
- QuickBooks freezes and displays one of the related error messages even before loading the dashboard.
- Other Windows programs become sluggish and freeze.
Before troubleshooting the “QuickBooks Premier not responding” Error, there are a few things to keep in mind
- Ascertain that the QuickBooks Desktop application has the most recent available updates.
- The file name for the company must be no more than 35 characters long, including spaces.
- Before starting QuickBooks, turn off your computer’s antiviral protection, and then exclude QuickBooks from your antivirus scan list if it fixes the problem.
- On Windows, make sure you’re logged in as an administrator.
- Using the Clean Install Tool, reinstall QuickBooks. If the issue persists and you still can’t open QuickBooks, try the troubleshooting procedures listed below.
How to fix the “QuickBooks Premier not responding” error?
Follow the troubleshooting steps in the order that they are listed. It’s possible that the first step will resolve the error, or it’s possible that you’ll need to complete all of them to resolve the “QuickBooks not responding” problem.
Method 1: Scan and Repair Bad Sectors on Hard-Disk
Bad sectors on the hard disk are one of the most prominent causes of application performance issues in Windows. The steps below will assist you in detecting and repairing bad sectors on your hard disc in order to resolve QuickBooks issues.
- Right-click the C drive in Windows File Manager by pressing Windows + E
- Select Properties, then check now under the Tools tab
- Checkmark Scan for and try recovery of defective sectors, as well as automatically rectify file system issues
- At last, hit the “Start” button and wait for Windows to finish the scan and repair process.
Method 2: Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool was created to address problems caused by QuickBooks Desktop installation errors. Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub in order to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is as simple as following the steps below:
- To execute the Tool Hub installation file, click on download QuickBooks Tool Hub and then proceed to the download folder
- To get started with the installation, double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- To complete the installation, accept the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen prompts
- Close any open applications on Windows before using the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Double-click the Tool Hub icon on the desktop to launch it
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Program Installation Issues tab
- It could take up to 25 minutes to restore the damage in the installation, depending on the speed of your machine
- Restart your computer after the utility has finished repairing the installation difficulties, and then launch QuickBooks again
- If QuickBooks is still not responding, move on to the next step in the troubleshooting process
- If you can’t launch QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the downloaded file, download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab followed by choosing QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Method 3: Edit the QBWUSER.INI file name
The product registration information is stored in QBWUSER.INI, a QuickBooks program file. It’s evident that if this file is corrupted, you’ll have trouble running QuickBooks. Let’s fix the QBWUSER.INI file by following the steps below:
- Open Windows File Manager and look for the \Users\User Name \AppData\Local\ Intuit\QuickBooks then find QBWUSER.INI file
- If you don’t see the file, go to the “Organize” tab in the top left corner of the Window and choose Folder and Search Options
- Check the box next to Show hidden files, folders, or drives under the “View” tab
- After that, click “Ok” and then the “Apply” button
- Do right-click the file and choose “Rename” from the menu that appears
- For example, add .OLD at the end of the file name (QBWUSER.INI.OLD)
- Check if the “QuickBooks not responding” problem has been repaired by opening QB.
Method 4: Reinstall the Windows Operating System
Make a backup of your company file before reinstalling Windows, as reinstalling Windows will delete QuickBooks and Company file data from the computer. As you last troubleshoot, you can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, which can be found in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Clean Install process involves:
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Run command window by pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard
- In the Run box, type Control Panel and press the “Enter” or “Ok” button
- Uninstall a program by going to Programs and Features followed by clicking Uninstall a Program
- From the list of installed apps, find and double-click QuickBooks
- To complete the uninstalling procedure, select the Uninstall/Change option and then Uninstall
- To completely delete QuickBooks Desktop from Windows, follow the steps on your screen.
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders to completely Uninstall QuickBooks
- Make sure that Display Hidden Files and Folders is enabled in Windows
- By hitting the Windows + E keys on your keyboard, you may access Windows File Manager
- Go to the following location to find the QuickBooks installation folder:
- C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Rename the QuickBooks folder by right-clicking on it
- Reinstall QuickBooks by typing OLD after the folder name.
Step 3: Download & Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub as a first step
- Save the file to your computer’s hard drive
- To finish the installation, open the QuickBooks Tools Hub from the downloads folder and follow the on-screen instructions
- Select the “I accept” option from the license agreement
- From your computer’s desktop, select the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon
- Clean Install Tool is available after selecting Installation Issues
- Select the QuickBooks desktop edition and then click the “Next” button
- Click OK when the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” shows on the screen
- Continue with a fresh installation of QuickBooks when the Clean Install Tool has entirely removed QuickBooks from the machine.
Step 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- If you have the CD, put it in the computer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation
- If you bought QuickBooks via the Intuit website, go to the QuickBooks Product Download Page to get the latest version
- Run the setup after it has been downloaded. You’ll be prompted to input your license and product number, which may be found on:
- CD box
- Online order email
- After that, the wizard will assist you in completing the remaining tasks
- “Next” should be selected
- Accept the licensing agreements’ terms and click “Next”
- The License Number and Product Number are requested on the screen
- After that, enter your license and product number
- Now select your installation type; choose the Recommended option
- Click “Next” and then select “Install”
- Now, QuickBooks will start installing on your computer
- After QuickBooks desktop has successfully installed click Open QuickBooks.
This article should assist you in resolving the “QuickBooks Premier not responding” problem. If the troubleshooting doesn’t work and you’re still having difficulties getting rid of the common QuickBooks not responding error, you’ll have to run further troubleshooting on your Windows PC. Meanwhile, you can consult our ProAdvisors via LIVE CHAT.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support