QuickBooks Pro by Intuit is acclaimed financial accounting software for small and mid-size businesses. The software has great accounting functions like Accounts receivables, Accounts payable, Bank reconciliation. It can automatically track and bill the clients, enables receipts or invoices creation from a single click. You can easily create a wide array of financial reports, plus a whole lot of user friendly features that can be activated at the touch of a button.
QuickBooks 2016 – Going out of service after 31st May 2016, Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2019 (all versions)
These are versions to be affected after the due date:
- QuickBooks Pro
- QuickBooks Mac
- QuickBooks Premier (Contractor, General Business, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Professional Services, Nonprofit and Retail)
- QuickBooks POS (Point of Sale)
- QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks Accountant
Quickbooks Pro 2016 Shutting Down
Although the software can be accessed on multiple platforms however it is targeted mainly towards small and medium sized enterprises. Larger organizations have a full-fledged Accounts requirements that may push the software to its limit triggering it to function erroneously. Change in the OS or an antivirus update may cause the system to trip.
Apart from this, QB Pro 2016 is designed to function as a desktop utility and when it was upscaled for a web-based platform, it created unforeseen errors.
Errors Related To Quickbooks Pro 2016 Shutting Down:
- Quickbooks shuts down when opened
- QuickBooks crashes when closed
- QB Pro 2016 crashes while trying to open any company file
- QB crashes after switching company files
Troubleshooting The QuickBooks Desktop Application
Before performing the below steps try the following:
- Booted to Safe Mode and exclude other startup programs
- Disabled the anti-virus software
- Add Windows Firewall exception
- Turn off your User Account Control (UAC)
Step 1: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer window
- Click on “Uninstall program”
- Select QuickBooks > Click on Uninstall/Change
- On the Installation window > Click Next > Select Repair > Next > Click Repair > Finish to repair QB
Step 2: Reinstall using the clean install
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Control Panel > Select Programs and Features
- Choose Uninstall/Change > follow the prompts to complete the process
- Download the QuickBooksCleanInstallTool.exe file and Save it
- Now open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe > Accept the license agreement > Continue > Click OK
Step 3: Update Windows to the latest release
If you are still getting the same error then try to install the latest windows update. This will install the missing files like .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++
- Press the Windows key or go to Control Panel
- Select the Windows Update option and click on Windows Update and check for an update
- Choose Install updates automatically
Step 4: Manually repair Microsoft components – Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Uninstalled Microsoft .NET 4.6.1
- Downloaded and re-installed .NET 4.6.1
- Also, go to “Turn Windows Features on or off” and disable the .NET 3.5.1
- Reboot and test QB again
- If it’s a success, then Re-enable MS.NET 3.5.1
Step 5: In case all of the above steps fail, you can download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.exe and run it. The tool is meant to automatically diagnose and fix issues with Microsoft .NET Framework.
Even after executing the above steps it should resolve the QuickBooks 2016 Pro shutting down issue, however, if you the issue still persists then BigXperts can help to resolve it.
We provide complete for all issues related to QuickBooks. Our line of experts is highly trained and certified to handle all major issues that arise in QuickBooks.
Connect us for any issue related to QuickBooks on our toll-free helpline +1-800-816-6849. Our facility is open 24*7 for assistance. You can also use other modes to resolve your query like the 24*7 chat or email where you can write in detail about the issues and the steps you have taken so far. Our expert will get back with the resolution so you can get back on track with your software at the earliest.