The QuickBooks rebuild data functionality helps in identifying and fixing data damage issues like below:
- Issues with reports, bills, invoices, or bills with negative values.
- Balance sheet not reflecting all the accounts.
- Deposited payment not reflecting in the payment to deposit window.
- Names and transactions are missing from the list.
Sometimes as it happens even after using QuickBooks to verify and rebuild data functionality, some issues will not be resolved. This write-up will help you in understanding what are your options in those conditions.
How to access qbwin.logs for finding the list of errors after running the rebuild data tool?
Any action you take for resolving the error i.e., be it verify and rebuild data functionality, condensed data utilities, QuickBooks desktop will create a log comprising all the information relating to the action performed in the QuickBooks. The log file will comprise of the following information:
- QuickBooks desktop messages.
- Information created by the verify and rebuild data functionality and condensed data function
- New entries and errors are added at the end of the file.
- Time and date stamp to identify and track the recent entries.
You can access this qbwin.log file to know the list of errors and take further action accordingly. For accessing the qbwin.log file you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the QuickBooks product information window by pressing F2 / Ctrl +1.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Tech help window by pressing F3 /ctrl + 2. Now you need to click on the open file tab.
- After that, you need to select a file to open a list and double click on QBWIN.log. You can refer to the list of errors from there.
Fixing the error with the help of QuickBooks file doctor
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub, run the .exe file, and complete the installation process by following on-screen steps.
- Now from the tool hub, you need to choose the company file issue tab and select your company file from the drop-down menu.
- In this step, you need to select the check your file option and click on continue. You will have to enter your QuickBooks password (admin) and click on next.
- The above step will start the scanning process, which will take some time to finish and resolve the data damage issues.
Fixing the error by using Quick Fix my file
If your issues are still not resolved you can also fix the error by using the Quick fix my file feature in the QuickBooks tool hub. You will have to click on the company file issues tab > click on Quick fix my file > click Ok.
Manually fixing of error
In case you are comfortable, you can also manually fix the error, “messages listed in the Verify result window”, you will get help to fix the error too.