QuickBooks rebuild not responding / QuickBooks rebuilding data file not responding
In recent years, QuickBooks by Intuit has gained immense popularity among small and mid-sized businesses. It also became the most innovative accounting software, especially for individuals because of its amazing offered benefits. It allows you to execute a variety of accounting-related tasks, including generating invoices, monitoring and tracking receivables, delivering payment receipts through email, and much more. Usually, an application dealing with finances in this way would have to be both reliable and sturdy.
At times, it is vulnerable due to some issues or glitches such as crashes, technical issues, virus/malware infestations, and data damage. In this article, we will walk you through QuickBooks rebuild not responding which can also be displayed “QuickBooks rebuilding data file not responding”. Continue reading this post to get aware of the error including causes and solutions to deal with this error.
- 1 QuickBooks rebuild not responding / QuickBooks rebuilding data file not responding
Why does QuickBooks rebuild not responding?
To correct mistakes in QuickBooks software, Intuit provides an inbuilt rebuild program. The following is a list of DO’s and DON’Ts for the QuickBooks Rebuild:
- Make a copy of your QuickBooks data file for archiving purposes. It will protect you from data loss that will be irreversible.
- This command should not be executed over the internet. On the computer where the company file is saved, open QuickBooks.
- You must switch to single-user mode if the file is on a shared network. Go to File >>> Switch to Single-user mode to accomplish this.
- The data rebuilding procedure should not be stopped or canceled.
- When encrypted data is corrupted, don’t use the rebuild command.
Important pointers must be taken into considerations
As said before, QuickBooks comes with in-built “Repair and Rebuild” in order to help you fix the error and corruption within the software. Below are ways to use this command:
Note: It is recommended that you keep a current and complete backup of your QuickBooks before running this command.
- Step 1: Launch the QuickBooks software on the computer where the company file is saved. (Note that the rebuild will take place on this PC rather than over the network.)
- Step 2: Switch to Single-user mode by clicking on File.
- Step 3: Log in as an administrator and re-sort the list of people, items, account charts, payroll, and so on. Re-sorting the list restores the list’s original order.
Note: Do not cancel or terminate the Rebuild Data Utility until it has completed its task.
- First, go to the File menu >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- If you get the message “QuickBooks found no errors with your data,” you don’t need to do anything further.
- “Your data has lost integrity” – This implies that the file may have been damaged. Rebuild your data to fix the problem.
- Go to the File menu >>> Utilities >>> Rebuild Data
- If you receive a warning prompt to backup your company file, click “Ok”
- The message “QuickBooks rebuild not responding” may appear on your PC
- Wait for it to finish as long as you can move your mouse indicator
- When you see the message “Rebuild has completed,” then click on the “Ok” button
- To verify for any remaining data damage, repeat the rebuild data operation
- If the verification fails this time, move on to the next step
- Check the entries in the QBWin.log files to see if the damage has been repaired.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Rebuild Not Responding Error
If there is damage or corruption in your QB company file then, you should perform the below-suggested steps:
- If you already know where the QuickBooks file is located, click the “Select File” option; otherwise, select ‘Search Files’ if you don’t
- For scanning the selected file, click the “Scan File” button
- Click the Company button to obtain a glimpse of the scanned information
- The customer details can be viewed by clicking the “Customer” button
- The “Vendor” button will provide you with information about vendors
- Click the Employees icon to get employee-related information
- After clicking the ‘Repair’ button, a ‘Save As’ dialogue box will appear; select the version and directory, then click the “Start” button
- If the repair process is successful, a notice stating “repair process completed successfully” will show
- In the end, click “Ok” and close the box to complete the process.
When QuickBooks Repair doesn’t work, what should you do?
The QuickBooks rebuild command may occasionally fail before completing, leaving QBW files in a damaged and inconsistent condition. Alternatively, the rebuild command could hang and display the message “QuickBooks rebuild not responding” indefinitely, forcing you to stop the process. You may not be able to start QuickBooks at all in this situation, stopping you from accessing your vital financial information.
So, you can try using some third-party repair tool which may help you handle QuickBooks damage/corruption and recover all information related to services, customers, vendors, employees, and many others.
By the end of this post, we expect you to be well-versed using the steps suggested above for resolving the QuickBooks rebuild not responding or QuickBooks rebuilding data file not responding issue. Whereas, if the error continues to trouble you again and again, then in that case, we would recommend you to consult our dedicated accounting professionals via LIVE CHAT.