Do you also think that the error “QuickBooks stopped working after Windows 10 update” occur after doing the Windows 10 update?
The error happens when you update to Windows 10 or after updating the Windows 10 operating system. This is because there is some issue that happens in your computer and your QuickBooks stopped working or responding. Firstly, identify that what happens to your QuickBooks account like compatibility issues, files got damaged, or any corruption happens.
After this, you are able to fix the issue easily by implementing the correct solution. So let’s check the various reasons and then proceed towards the solution.
What are the Different Reasons That Cause Error ” QuickBooks Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update “?
The various reasons are here that reflect in the computer while working with QuickBooks Desktop and vary from user to user. You have to identify the reason so that you can easily go with that one or two solutions.
- Hard Drive is damaged
- QuickBooks installation is not done properly
- Software or program is not compatible
- Windows Operating System ave some issues
- The QBWUSES.ini file is missing or damaged
- Windows 10 latest update
- Antivirus or firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
List of Solutions to fix the Error “QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update”
All solutions are explained here step-by-step so that you can fix the error on your own after identifying the problem. The various solutions are as follows:-
Solution- Reboot your computer
- Go to the Start menu button
- Then click on the Power button
- Select the option Restart
- It will restart your computer to fix the issues with your QuickBooks software
- When the restart process is done, open your QuickBooks Desktop software.
Solution- Compatibility Check
- You have to right-click on the shortcut of the program
- Then select Properties from further options
- Go to the tab Compatibility
- Choose the Windows
- Then click on the Apply button to save the changes
- Click on the OK button to close the window
- In the end, run the software to check for errors.
Solution- Add QuickBooks to Antivirus or Firewall
You have to provide access to your QuickBooks Desktop version if there is a firewall or antivirus installed on your computer. This helps you to run the software without any interruptions. So you have to add the QuickBooks Desktop in antivirus or firewall using their Advanced settings.
Solution- You have to end the process QBW32.exe
- Open the Tas Manager
- a. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons together from keyboard
- b. A screen shown to you, select Task Manager
- c. Then the window of Task Manager opens up
- Click on the tab Details
- Now search and select the QBW32.exe process
- Click on the button below End Task to end this process running in the background.
Solution- Process QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Then go to downloads and double click on the downloaded file to install it
- The installation Wizard opens up
- Follow instructions you get on your screen
- When installation completes
- Run the tool by right-clicking on the tool icon and select the Run as Administrator option
- Let it diagnose your computer to analyze and fixes the problem that causes QuickBooks to stop working
- When it is done, restart your computer.
Solution- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Open the File Explorer
- Then search for the folder QBWUSER.ini
- The location is \Users[name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [XXXX]
- Right-click on QBWUSER.ini and then from options select Rename
- Add old at the end of the file name
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- You have to tap the file if the application opens after renaming.
Solution- Repair the Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Restart the system
- Create the backup of your QuickBooks Company File
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on the programs and again click on the Programs
- The list of software and applications are shown to you
- Select the QuickBooks software
- Then right-click on it and select Uninstall/Change option
- In the uninstallation Wizard, select the Repair option to repair the software
- Then click on Next and then wait for the repair process to complete
- After that, click on the Finish button
- Restart your system again
- Run QuickBooks and check for errors.
Solution- Clean Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Software
- First of all, uninstall the software
- Open the Control Panel
- Then click on Programs and again click on the Programs
- Now from the list of program
- Locate the QuickBooks Desktop
- Then right-click on it
- Select Uninstall/Change option
- The wizard of uninstallation opens up
- Follow instructions to uninstall the program
- When it is done proceed to the next step
The second step is to Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop latest version in your system
a. Download the latest QuickBooks Desktop software
b. Open the installation file by double-clicking on it
c. In installation Wizard, go with the recommended installation
d. Then click on Next until you get to the status bar of installation
e. When this bar completes then you can see the Finish greyed out button turn in black color
f. Click on Finish and you are done with the installation
g. Open your QuickBooks software and check for the error.
Solution- Enable Windows 10 Sharing Access
- In your system, click on the Search bar of the Start menu button
- Type Sharing in the search bar and then press Enter button
- In Sharing window, click on the Manage Advanced Settings
- You have to check all the options of Network
- Click on the drop-down arrow to expand the settings
- From the expanded settings, click on the Turn-off password protected sharing toggle button
- To save the changes, click on the Save button
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and then you have to make a connection with the company file
- Still, not able to open it
a. Check the settings of firewall ports
b. Check the configuration of QuickBooks Desktop hosting the database server
c. Verify that the file-sharing configuration on the Server is done properly.
Solution- Create the Admin Account
- For making the local account, press Windows + I keys together
- To open or access the Windows 10 settings
- Click on the Accounts
- Go to Other People or Family
- Select the option Add Someone else to the computer
- If it asks you to enter any email address then do not enter it and select the option I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Now, click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account
- After this, create the new username and password then click on the Next button to continue
- Check that you make this new account local as administrator
- Click on the new local account which you just created on the same account settings page
- Select the Change account type option
- Transform the type from the Standard User to Administrator
- Click on the OK button
- In the end, restart the QuickBooks software to check for errors.
Solution- Update Windows 10 Operating System
- To update your Windows, open Windows settings
a. For windows settings, press Windows + I keys together from the keyboard
b. Type the Settings in the search bar and press Enter button
c. Go to the Start menu button and click on the Settings option having gear icon
- In Settings, click on the Update and Security
- Then in Windows Update
- Press button Check for updates
- If there is any update then it shows you
- If any update is available then download and update it
- After updating Windows 10, restart your computer.
In this article, you get all the information for the error “QuickBooks stopped working after Windows 10 update” you are looking for. Implement the solution according to the reasons that cause you this error.
Still, you have any queries or problems then connect with the QuickBooks team who is here 365 days a year. The team is here to assist you whenever required and is trained to fix all your glitches.