QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting programs among small and mid-sized businesses. This software is also considered a game-changer in the realm of accounting, as it has a greatly simplified workflow. Moreover, QuickBooks Desktop is loaded with multiple capabilities, such as inventory management and payments, and it saves a lot of time, which helps your business productivity. Apart from that, QuickBooks is self-repairing software, the majority of problems are simple to correct many times.
QuickBooks Printing problems are one such typical issue that users usually face while connecting printers to your software. This article is going to tell you complete details on QuickBooks unable to print Problems in different Windows.
So, stick to the article till the end and read it carefully.
Reasons that Causes QuickBooks unable to print problem
Printing via QB software can be overwhelming tasks and used for multiple purposes. QuickBooks printing problems hinder the smooth process and it can cause a number of reasons.
A few of them are jotted down:
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the printer.
- QuickBooks isn’t able to communicate with Microsoft’s XPS document writer.
- Another problem could be a missing XPS printer driver.
- QuickBooks software freezes while saving a pdf file owing to syncing troubles or an unresponsive XPS port.
- Due to damaged components, QuickBooks does not save your form or report as a .pdf.
- PDF components are missing.
- If the XPS printer driver is not installed or if the QuickBooks software fails to print to a printer, the QuickBooks command routes to null.
- The company file cannot be communicated with.
- Due to a lack of communication, QuickBooks is unable to convert to print.
- Also, if there is a problem with the QB PDF converter’s activation.
Important Points to Remember Before You Begin with The Troubleshooting Process
Keep the following guidelines in mind before beginning the troubleshooting procedure to resolve printer issues:
- Check to see if QuickBooks is up to date.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the computer and that it has the necessary printing software.
- Another thing to check is that the correct printer driver is installed, as well as that the system and printer are connected properly.
- Check to see whether you can print outside of QuickBooks.
Also, verify whether you’re using a printer local or on a network
- Local: If your printer is local, the problem could be with your system or printer settings. You must verify that there is a connection between the computer and the printer.
- Network: If the printer is connected to a network, double-check that the network settings are correctly configured.
Few Common Troubleshooting to Fix QuickBooks unable to print issue with Windows 10, 7, 8, & Mac
To troubleshoot printing issues in QuickBooks desktop, use the following methods:
- Make sure your printer is working properly
- Try to print a Test Page
- Verify whether the printer is the correct one or not
Check out the following methods to troubleshoot printing issues in QuickBooks Desktop:
1. Method One: Make sure your printer is working properly
To see if QuickBooks can print outside, take a printout in Notepad:
- To begin, press the Start Window Key and then type Notepad into the search box
- Write something in Notepad, then select File, then Print
- Select the appropriate printer and then select the Print option
- If this doesn’t work out, you’ll have to move on to the following step.
2. Method Two: Try to print a Test Page
Use the steps shown below to print the test page:
- Close the printer, then restart your computer before turning it back on
- Make sure the printer papers are properly loaded in the tray
- To access the Control Panel, hit the Windows Start Key and then pick it
- Select the Printers and Faxes option and double-click it
- If the printer appears to be offline, right-click it and choose Use Printer Online from the menu
- To open the printer, double-click on the icon
- If there are any print jobs in the queue, you must select Cancel All Documents Files
- Close the window that is open
- Choose Properties from the printer’s right-click menu, then Print Test Page from the drop-down menu
- If the Print Test page works, you can print it out with word-pad:
- By selecting the Start tab and then the RUN tab, you can accomplish this
- To Open WordPad type the same and press the Ok button
- Also, in WordPad, type some text, choose a file, then print it
- Select the appropriate printer from the drop-down menu and press the print button
- Check to see if the printer has any error lights display
- For any of the following, you must now consult the printer manufacturer’s documentation:
- The error message appears on the printer
- Or the test page won’t print
- From WordPad, it does not.
3. Method Three: Verify whether the printer is correct one or not
Steps to set up the printer with QuickBooks Accounting Software:
- To set up a printer in QuickBooks accounting software, go to File and then Printer Setup
- You must first choose the form that will be printed
- The next step is to match the printer name to the currently active printer
- If it doesn’t match, make sure the printer configuration on the system is accurate
- For more information, go to the Help tab in the area
- You must now try printing with a different printer in the Printer settings
- After that, select File and then Printer Setup from the drop-down menu in QuickBooks
- The next step is to choose the form that will be printed
- Once done then select a different printer that you may also print with Microsoft XP
- To get additional information, go to the Help menu and click Help
- Then, if you’re using customized forms or memorized reports, try printing a standard form or report
- If you’re trying to print a batch of forms in QuickBooks, start with one
- If the previous attempt was successful, use resolve data damage on the company file to repair any data damage in the file before trying to print again
- Change the startup mode to select. In the event that the problem persists, use the clean install tool to reinstall QB for Windows.
Quick Ways to Resolve QuickBooks unable to print problems in Different Windows
Here are the some possible solutions fo QuickBooks Unable To Print Problem. Before you start with the fixation process, make sure to check these pointers out:
Instructions for Windows 10
Here are some possible points to resolve QuickBooks Unable to Print for Windows 10. Make sure to check all these pointers before processing.
- Press the Windows logo key + S and type “devices and printers” into the search box to open Devices and Printers
- Select Troubleshoot by right-clicking on the printer
- The wizard will guide you through the remaining steps.
Instructions for Windows 8
Here are some possible points to resolve QuickBooks Unable to Print for Windows 8. Make sure to check all these pointers before processing.
- To access the Control Panel, press the Windows logo key + X to bring up a menu of commands and options and then select Control Panel
- Click Find and resolve problems under the “System and Security” tab
- Click Use a printer under the Hardware and Sound section
- Follow the wizard’s instructions to precede the further steps.
Instructions for Windows 7
Here are some possible points to resolve QuickBooks Unable to Print for Windows 7. Make sure to check all these pointers before processing.
The Windows 7 Printer Troubleshooter can be used to diagnose issues with a single printer or all of them.
- To investigate a specific printer’s issues
- To access Devices and Printers, go to Start >>> All Programs
- To get assistance with a printer, do a right-click on it
- To troubleshoot, go to the Troubleshoot menu and select the same
- The wizard will guide you through the steps.
To look at problems for all printers
- Select Control Panel from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Next, search and click on the “Find and fix problems” option under the “System and Security” tab
- Select the Printer option under the “Hardware and Sound” tab
- Again in the end, the wizard will guide you through the rest of the steps to complete the troubleshooting process.
Instructions for Mac
Adjust your printing setup and alignment in QuickBooks Online if the right margin of your invoice is being cut off during printing. If it doesn’t work, go into Preview and check your options. These simple methods can help you troubleshoot typical printing issues in Safari on Mac OS X.
- Select Invoicing or Sales
- To print an invoice, choose one from the drop-down menu
- Select Print or Preview once it’s open
- Print or press Command-P from the print preview screen
- To adjust your print settings, select the “Show Details” option
- Make sure that the scale is set to 100% in the Orientation section
- Make sure Paper Handling is chosen and Scale to suit paper size is unchecked in the drop-down menu
- In the end, make sure that the border is set to “None”.
So, this is all about QuickBooks unable to print issues in different Windows and it is hoped that the above write-up will be helpful for you in rectifying printing problems. Moreover, connect with QuickBooks Expertise.
Are there other printers mapped to LPT1 or multiple printers connected to LPT1 causing QuickBooks unable to print Problems?
It might be possible that these can cause the issues and to check if it is causing the issue, try the below steps:
1. Connect the printer to the computer directly and print once again.
2. If you’re not sure if you’re using a switch box or how to connect the printer to the computer directly, talk to your IT guy or the printer manufacturer’s expert help.
What to do if any suggested methods don’t resolve the QuickBooks Printing Problems in Mac OS X?
In some cases, printing issues can be resolved by installing an updated printer driver or by using a generic Postscript driver which comes with OS X.
What are the common QuickBooks unable to print Problems?
Here are some of the common QB Print Issues and Errors:-
1. A problem exists with the selection of the printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer on the XPS port.
2. The computer is not responding.
3. It is not possible to print using a printer.
4. The form or reports can’t be saved as a .pdf in the QB application, and more.