QuickBooks Desktop is a software product that is found in every organization these days. The reason is the efficient management of various organizational functions that it offers. In many situations, however, users need to install, uninstall and reinstall the software from time to time. Well, each time the installation of QuickBooks Desktop takes place, you need to register or activate it.
In fact, if you have more than one copy of the QuickBooks Desktop, you need to register or activate all of them separately. With Bigxperts, understanding the need for registration or activation of the software will be easier. Hence, you can consult the experts at any hour of the day to clear your software-related queries and doubts.
To make sure the software is ready for use, you must be aware of whatever updates are needed to make it run. The Internet Explorer version needs to be frequently updated to ensure the software is robust. Being assured of the updates will provide improved stability and stricter security to QuickBooks Desktop.
Issues that you may face
Prior to going through the steps to register or activate QuickBooks Desktop, you should know the issues that you may face while initiating the process. These include:
- There may be a scenario where the data that you entered does not get acknowledged. This is where you should ensure the data provided at the procurement season matches the data you’re entering at the current stage.
- You may come across a sudden message or a clear screen, indicating the deactivation of antivirus program.
Steps to register or activate QuickBooks Desktop
Once you are prepared to resolve the issues that could possibly arise while initiating the process, the next thing is to know about the steps to register or activate QuickBooks Desktop. The listed instructions to be followed are mainly for the QuickBooks versions 2016 or higher.
- Open the Desktop
- Press F2 on the keyboard
- Go to Product Information window
- On the right side of the license number, check the registration status
- If it’s “Activated”, your work is already done. On the other hand, if the status is not activated, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Select OK and close the Product Information window
- Go to Help menu
- Select Activate QB
- If you are using 2015 version, choose Register QB in Step c
- Follow the on-screen prompts and verify the details
- Complete the process
- Go to QB Desktop menu for Mac
- Choose Register QuickBooks
- Type the License number as well as Product number
- Click Next
- Choose Register Online
- Follow the instructions that come on the screen
- Complete the process
If you come across any difficulty in following the above-mentioned steps, you can contact Bigxperts. They offer a team of QuickBooks experts who will help you get rid of any issue that you face in registering or activating QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
However, you can also call on QuickBooks helpdesk number +1-800-816-6849 for instant guidance and .