QuickBooks help in many ways to the users with the help of POS, it is a retail point of sales system available for the various small business-like, clothing, stores, small shops, and franchise, etc. QuickBooks POS offers inventory with many customer management tools, also a tablet compatible POS.
POS gives you a standard point of sale features like a sale with inventory management. Users can also configure receipts, price tags, can set the promotional tags, track layaways, manage rewards program, and using the shipping managed module you can ship the package. Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system which is available with many improvements and enhancements. After installing Window 10, you can get below errors:
- Company file loop issue
- Incompatible hardware drivers
- Firewall settings are not configured properly
If you are using Windows 10, you should adjust some settings for the POS to work properly.
While upgrading to Windows 10 don’t forget to create a backup of the copy of the POS sale company before installation.
It is always advisable to save the file to the external drive like USB flash drive, an external hard disk that will secure your company file from any issue which while comes while upgrading windows 10.
Below are some issues mentioned which may be arisen after Window 10 installation.
- Company file loop issue – The Point of sale company operation screen loop and customers are not able to sign in the own company data file. This is an outcome of the Intuit Entitlement service being stopped by the Windows operating system. It happens when the Intuit entitlement service which enables the POS software to open the data file is no longer was able to run as before due to windows update.
- Incompatible hardware drivers – Windows can run automatic updates and download device drivers. It is required the compatible drivers while upgrading 10 to manually download for the following hardware devices to work properly.
Star TSP 100
Metrologic SP 5500
Zebra LP2824 Tag Printer
Windows 10 automatically detect and installed default hardware drivers automatically. Devices are like Bar code scanner, cash drawer, Pinpad, and Cash Drawer.
- Firewall settings are properly not configured – After upgrading to Windows 10 you may face connectivity issues. Reason can be a firewall or third party security that blocks the communication between the company data and workstations. You need to configure the firewall to resolve this issue.
How to configure Windows firewall
Below steps are mentioned to configure the firewall settings, can help you to properly configure the firewall settings.
- Press Windows +R and it will open a run command
- Type control >> click OK and open a control panel
- Set the “view by “too small icons, >> select Windows Firewall
- Now choose advanced settings >>> select inbound
- Click on the new rule
- Now select Port >> and click on Next
- Mention the port numbers >>> Click on Next
- Now select Allow connection and after that select Next
- Now name the firewall rule >>> click on Finish
- Again follow the steps 5-9 to create a new outbound rule
Searching for help? Dial 1800-816-6849 and get connected with the certified and experienced QuickBooks Experts. QuickBooks team is available 24*7 to provide you all the possible resolution related to the QuickBooks. QuickBooks Technicians are polite, professional, and are having massive experience in the same domain which makes them special to solve the QuickBooks issues. You can also email at email@example.com and one of the QuickBooks experts contacts you with the details.