The Sage 100 Contractor is an integrated accounting and business management system for contractors and sub contractors in any field. The comprehensive nature of this software reduces the need for you to learn, purchase and link different software systems if you want to ensure accurate tracking and accounting of projects. It is also one of the very few software programs compatible with MS Windows and powered with features to suit the construction industry.
In this blog, we will discuss some important topics related to the sage 100 Contractor.
How to Install the New Releases of the Sage 100 contractor updates ?
Please follow the below-mentioned steps-
Step 1: Upgrade the server
- Take a back up for each database in Database Administration
- Download the installation file for upgrading. Make sure to disable your antivirus protection
- Right-click on the set up file and click Run as Administrator
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
Step 2: Sage 100 contractor Upgrade the Company Database(s)
- Open Database Administration
- From the left menu, tick Upgrade Company Databases. Select all companies
- Tick the box next to the company that needs a database version upgradation
- Click Upgrade Databases
- Once completed, enable your antivirus
Step 3: Sage 100 contractor Update client workstations
You can do it by opting for either the manual or the automatic method. The automatic method is preferred. Here are the steps to follow in this method-
- Download the latest version of the Sage 100 Contractor SQL to the server
- Copy the .exe file in the Installation directory on the server
- Delete the Sage 100 Contractor exe file present there
- Rename the file you just downloaded as Sage100Contractor_Setup.exe
- Whenever you connect the workstations to the server, they will get a prompt to install the latest update
- To start installation, click Yes
- After the installation gets completed, open Sage 100 Contractor and log into it
- Go to the Home and Resources tab
- Select About Sage 100 Contractor. You will see the mention of the latest version.
Why do Contractors Need Sage 100 contractor cloud ?
Here are some primary reasons why contractors would be helped immensely by the Sage 100 contractor cloud solution.
- Improved Mobility
- Top Class Security
- Business continuity & Improved Customer Support
- Reduced Costs
How to Fix the Issue Sage 100 contractor printer not activated ?
You can fix this issue by following the below-mentioned steps-
- Shutdown the Sage software along with the email program
- Go to the Sage 50 icon on your system
- Click Properties > Compatibility> Settings
- Now click the ‘Run this program as Administrator’ box
- Click Apply and then OK
- Now open Sage along with the email program.
- Check the emailing process to check if the problem still arises.
Some Important Sage contractor 100 sheet layout of Reports
Here, we will show some important sheet layouts or report templates available in Sage Contractor 100 –
Sage contractor 100 Committed Cost Report
It displays the cost committed on a particular job. The actual cost is considered committed. The remaining cost to be invoiced on purchase orders and subcontracts are also considered committed in this report.
Sage contractor 100 Financial Statements
This report displays a profit & loss statement and balance sheet for any given period in the present fiscal year. It also provides a facility where you can double-click on an amount to dive into more details, if you want.
Here are the subsections of this report-
How to Generate a Sage 100 contractor bank deposit slip
In Sage 100, you can use the ‘Generate Deposit’ module to combine cash receipts into a deposit against a selected bank account. In order to deposit, you will need to process the receipt you want to deposit in the bank. Let us assume you are entering a receipt for account receivables.
You need to create a SO and process the SO. Then apply tender type as ‘Payment in Cash’ and post the SO invoice.
Now you need to enter the cash receipt against the payment received. To do this-
- Navigate to Account Receivable
- Click Activities
- Click Process Cash Receipts
- Select your Bank Account
- Go to the option Select SO Payment
- Post the cash receipt
- Go to Cash Management
- Then go to Activities -> Generate Deposit -> Select Bank Account
- Click on Select for Deposit. Post the deposit to account
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I process large payrolls in Sage 100 Contractor on a daily basis?
To process large payrolls on a day-to-day basis, you can avail the optional module in Sage 100 Contractor named ‘Daily Payroll’. You can feed entries to it in any order. The module will then prepare daily field reports as well as staffing reports before it processes payroll into time cards. This module is also integrated with Equipment Management module. It helps you enter equipment cost allocation and equipment repair time related to projects. You can allocate equipment cost to jobs more efficiently.
What should I do to ensure smooth upgrading from Sage 50 to Sage 100 Contractor?
Migration from Sage 50 to Sage 100 can be smooth if you keep the following points in mind –
- Set clear objectives and scopes before the Sage 100 software deployment
- Opt for a phased approach. Divide the upgradation in to logical sections
- Put together a team to oversee the Sage 100 implementation
How efficient is the Account Payable Module of the Sage 100 Contractor?
The Accounts Payable Module of the Sage 100 Contractor help you streamline your operations more effectively. This module is fully integrated with Inventory, Job Costing, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders modules. When you enter a purchase order, this module will complete the entire invoice entry in one step. It will automatically check your contracts, Pos and budget automatically. When you save an invoice, the module will verify every line of it with the PO. Thus, it prevents over-delivery or over-pricing of items.
What is the Sage 100 Contractor Associate Program all about?
The Associate Program of Sage 100 Contractor was created with a view to ensuring on-site training, system guidance and excellent service for the clients. This program can assist you in every phase of software implementation including staff training, needs analysis and business consulting.