QuickBooks is an accounting software with many exception features and add-ons. In QuickBooks, you have an option to customize your company files according to your requirements. You can carry out this procedure with the assistance from Preferences option that is available in the QuickBooks accounting software.
Setting up Preferences in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Homepage, go to Edit option and select the Preferences option. This way you can easily access your preferences option.
- From preferences window, select Report & Graphs option which is available on the left-hand side of your window.
- Press Company Preferences or My Preferences option.
For My Preferences option:
You will have to select the setting option from the user account.
- Select the checkbox for the modify report option before opening your report.
- After refreshing your software, set your reports and graph preferences.
- QuickBooks Desktop provides you only with specific reports and graphs for your QB application only. If you want to show your recent data then you will have to press Refresh option.
- For Graph only preferences, you can easily display your graphical reports. These are 3-D colored reports by default but you have an option to change it to 2-D graph also. You can use pie segments, bar-graphs, etc for depiction of graphs.
For Company Preferences option in QuickBooks:
It is a default preference for your reports in the QuickBooks software. You can alter it, if you have the Administrator permission.
- Summary report basis: reports are displayed on the basis of Cash or Accrual option. It mostly uses the summary reports but do not affect the list of 1099reports, independent reports, etc.
- Aging reports: It keeps a track for all the unpaid bills as well as invoices. This option can affect all the aging reports, accounts payable and receivable.
- Age from Due Date: With this option, you can easily display the overdue days on your invoice, bill, etc that will start after the due date.
- Age from the Transaction date: It means that past due days will begin from the creation date of the invoice or bills will be displayed.
- Format: When you click on the Format option, you will see the Report Format Preferences screen on your computer screen. You can customize report i.e. make changes in Header & Footer, fonts, numbers, etc. This way you can easily personalize the display of your report.
- Classify option: With this option, you can easily classify the statements for the Cash flow.
- Reports: You have a choice to show the name or the account number for your reports.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support