QuickBooks 2021 is now available and it contains many new features and enhanced features to give you the maximum productivity. Using QuickBooks Desktop 2021 requires the installation of QuickBooks 2021 and before installing it is very important to know about the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021. The below article helps you to know about the system requirements for QB 2021 including Operating systems, Database servers, Browser Requirements, Hardware and operating system requirements, Software compatibility and Antimalware, and antivirus software compatibility.
What is QuickBooks Desktop 2021?
Intuit continues to release a new version of QuickBooks every year. Last year, the release focused on automation. This year’s release looks to improve automation in accounting software as the whole world is moving towards automation and QB cannot be left behind. If you are looking for QuickBooks 2020 cloud desktop and are concerned about the cost of the hosting, then you don’t even need to worry about it. It’s very much in reach with some of the leading providers.
You will receive the latest release of accounting software for your desktop or laptop in all four editions; QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021, QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021, QuickBooks 2021 accountant, and QuickBooks desktop Enterprise 2021.
The list of the below-operating systems is mentioned which is required to run QB Desktop 2021. Make sure to use Windows on that specific computer, not in a virtual environment.
- Windows 10, (all the editions including 64 bit) make sure that it is available on that computer
- Windows 8.1(Update 1), all the editions including 64 bits), installed on the computer
- Windows Server 2012, Essentials and Standard version
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Essential and Standard version
- Windows Server 2016, Essentials and Standard
- Windows Server 2019, Standard & Essentials
Database servers are Windows and Linux and as per the operating system below categorization is mentioned.
For Linux(using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
- Fedora 31,32
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1 and 15.2
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2012, Essentials and Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Essentials, and Standard
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2019, Essentials and Standard
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 needs internet access and Internet Explorer 11 with 32 bit.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
For QuickBooks Desktop 2021 you need the below hardware and Operating System requirements.
|Processor||2.4 GHz (minimum)|
|RAM||Minimum 4 GB and 8GB recommended|
|Server RAM requirements||20 Users – 20 Plus GB RAM15 Users – 16 GB RAM10 Users – 12 GB RAM1 to 5 Users – 8 GB RAM|
|Disk Space||2.5 GB of disc space and extra space will be required for data filesAdditional Software: 60 MB required for Microsoft .NET 4.7 runtime, given on QuickBooks CD.Extra Requirements for protection of Intuit Data in QuickBooks Connected Service Offerings – o Minimum 4 GB RAM o Twice the largest file size set to back up and + 100 Mb or twice the size to restore. Space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData +” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect NOTE – For the best performance, store QuickBooks file on SSD.|
|Windows||US version WindowsRegional settings are supported if they are set to EnglishAdmin rights are needed for server computing while hosting multiuser accessIt should be installed on a local computer and should not be a virtual atmosphere|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD ROM drive is required for installation done by CD.|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280*1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 monitors|
Other Hardware Devices Information
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 and above that )
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile computer is recommended (Android 4.4 and above that )
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 also supports
- Symbol CS3070
- Socket Mobile CHQ 7CI
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g pocket Barcode Scanner
Below is some most common software to which QuickBooks easily integrates.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Payroll & other online services and features require Internet access of a minimum 56 Kbps speed( 1 Mbps recommended). Cable or DSL modem is always recommended
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, AOL
- Adobe reader: Business Planner, payroll, and opening and seeing form needs Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2016, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Pro-Series tax years 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Lacerte 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Turbo Tax 2018(Personal and Business ) 2019 and 2020
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V 19.0 and V18.0 and V12.0
- MS Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit( MS Office 365 support when it is locally installed)
- MS Office 2016 (including MS Outlook 2016) on 32 bit and 64 bit
- Office 2019, it is compatible with R3 and later on versions
- Estimates of email, invoices, and other forms with MS Outlook 2010-2016, MS Outlook with MS 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, and other SMTP supporting email clients.
- Creating the letters needs MS Word 2016, 2010, 2013 or MS Office 365 which includes 64 bits
- If you want to export the report then also you need MS Excel 2016, 2013 or 2010 SP2 or MS Office 365 which including a 64 bit
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook needs Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019 ( 32 bits)
- Syncing with Outlook needs QuickBooks Contact Sync for outlook.
Antimalware and Antivirus software compatibility
You might need to adjust some settings in the programs to perform the QuickBooks on its best.
Antimalware software is given below :
- F Secure
Antivirus Software is mentioned below :
- Panda Dome
- Trend Micro Security
If you are already a QuickBooks user, it’s time to make sure that you have the latest version of the accounting software. With the latest version, you will not only get new features but you will also get better security patches and improvement of the existing features as well. Get started with the latest version of QuickBooks for your firm or profession by checking the compatibility with this guide.