QuickBooks Accountant Desktop plus is the perfect software for all CPAs. Users can easily create customized reports and analyze accounting data. Also, many new features have been introduced that further simplify data analysis with this accounting software. Further, regular updates are provided by Intuit for improving functionality and for addressing bugs and errors.
How to upgrade QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus
For upgrading QuickBooks accountant Desktop Plus, users can simply purchase a new copy of the software from Intuit. After doing so, users should:
- Download the installer from internet or from the CD provided by Intuit
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Select the installation folder. Click on browse to change the default location
- Follow the instructions provided by the installer
- Restart your computer after the installation is finished
Note: Do not uninstall the previous version of the software yet. Uninstall only after the company file successfully opens in the new version.
Next, users need to upgrade the company file to the latest version. Luckily, newer versions of QB can easily upgrade the company file.
To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Open the latest version of QB on your system
- Click on File
- Select Open or Restore Company File
- Click on Open a company file
- Click on next and hit Browse. Select the company file and click Open
- Agree to the terms and hit Update Now
- Backup the company file
- Click Yes on the confirmation dialogue box
Why to upgrade QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus
New tools and features provided in the latest version of QuickBooks Accountant Desktop plus can be a game changer for any organization.
These features include, but aren’t limited to:
1. Show Filter Panel
The show filter panel is a new addition to the reporting tool. Through this panel, users can easily view all the filter applied on a particular report. Further, new filters can be added for customizing the report. This tool also simplifies the task of recreating or modifying an existing report.
2. Smart Search
Intuit has nailed the game with the smart search feature. This feature acts like artificial intelligence and memorizes the search pattern of users. Through this pattern, it promptly provides users with forms, accounts, items, and tools.
3. Bulk Actions
If you have been using an old version of QuickBooks, then you must have faced the limitations of performing bulk transactions. With the latest version, Intuit has addressed these issues. Now users can select multiple transactions, forms, and reports for performing a single task on them.
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.