QuickBooks includes a collection of payroll reports which provides a lot of imperative information to the interested party in just one glance. It is helpful for those who run their payroll system on their own and are quite aware of the everyday challenges faced in providing and performing payroll tasks correctly and authentically.
A payroll report is a systematic report of payroll totals by an employee for a specific period. To avoid either any sort of confrontation with annoyed employees or face the wrath of Government and IRS officials, all the following payroll tasks must be done accurately and reliably.
In continuation with QuickBooks Payroll Generating payroll reports in QuickBooks provides a lot of imperative information to the interested party in just one glance. Those who run their payroll system on their own are quite aware of the everyday challenges faced in providing and performing payroll tasks correctly and authentically. To avoid either any sort of confrontation with annoyed employees or face the wrath of Government and IRS officials all the following payroll tasks must be done accurately and reliably:
- Calculation of hours worked by an employee.
- Deciding Pay Rates
- Withholding and other benefits opted.
- Accurate filing and payment of payroll taxes.
This is where QuickBooks comes in and simplifies all the payroll processes. All the details regarding the payroll and employees are consolidated under the Payroll center and employee center respectively. Both the centers comprise of details added by the user at the time of setting up the software along with imperative tools needed to determine the taxes and runs of the pay.
The best way to do all of the above is by generating Payroll reports in QuickBooks itself as they provide an overview of all the imperative pieces of information in payroll along with according the user with the full payroll history. But the first need is to be clear about what exactly are Payroll reports.
What are Payroll Reports?
Pay reports are nothing but a document created using the account details and records of a company or business that is someway related to payroll. They are designed with the information provided of payroll transactions for a specific period. They can cover from one single period of pay to multiple pay periods like for every quarter or annually.
The basic payroll report itself consists of many components that are not only for this report but also for the business. For any particular pay period chosen the base of it are the wages and salaries garnered by the employees of the company for that particular period. Apart from calculating the gross amount for wages and salary, they close the net amount paid to the employee.
How to Create Payroll Summer in Quickbooks
To create and generate Payroll Report (Summary) in QuickBooks carefully follow the steps illustrated below:
Components included in Payroll Summary Report are:
- Employee’s wages, adjustments, and taxes.
- Net pay
- Leaves, both vacation and sick, taken.
- Contributions and taxes of the employer.
It is important to keep in mind that the dates which are pulled are done so from paychecks and not the pay period dates.
1. Creating Payroll Summary Report:
- Open QuickBooks software and then from the menu bar select the Reports tab, followed by the option called Employees & Payroll from the drop-down menu, and then select the Payroll Summary tab.
- Now the set range for the Dates:
- Go to the Dates tab and from the drop-down menu select the date range
- Another option is to directly use the ‘From’ and ‘To’ options and enter the preferred range in the space available.
- Now right click the mouse and select the Refresh option anywhere in the report.
- In case you wish to remove the Hours or rate column follow the below-enumerated directions:
- Go to Customize Report tab and click on it.
- In the screen labeled Display uncheck the Hour and rate checkboxes and then select the OK button.
- By using the Filters tab you can also add Pay Periods.
- To print the created report click on the Print tab followed by Report.
- To change Printer settings select the Print tab and then the settings option.
2. To Run the Report for one specific employee:
- Go to Dashboard of QuickBooks and then select Employee Center.
- Locate and select the employee’s name from the left section of the window.
- To select the type of report you want to run for this particular employee, go to the top section on the right side. The options available are:
- Payroll Summary
- Quick Report
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Transaction Detail.
- Now type in the dates you require.
- Change printer settings, if needed, and then click on Print.
3. To Export the Payroll Summary Report to Excel
- Once the report is generated, go to the Excel tab.
- From the drop-down menu either select Create New Worksheet or opt for Update Existing Worksheet.
- In the case of the 2nd option, Update Existing Worksheet, select the Browse button, and then locate the worksheet.
- Now click on the Advanced button which will result in a screen called Advanced Excel Options.
- Uncheck the checkboxes in the column.
- Click OK and then click the Export option.
Few Related QuickBooks Payroll Questions:
- How Can I Use QuickBooks Payroll for Mac 2013 on 2 Different Macs?
- How do I eliminate a bonus from a QuickBooks payroll (employee’s salary) and printing on a payroll stub?
What is a payroll summary report?
The payroll summary report acts as a significant source to review and verify the payroll information, including paid workers depending on a date range. The report contains sections like Withholding Taxes, Deductions, Employer taxes, and Wages.
How do I print payroll reports on QuickBooks desktop?
💠 Locate Reports option
💠 Select Payroll Summary through Employee Report
💠 Search the dates as per preferences
💠 Hit on Run Report
💠 Discover the drop-down arrow appearing on the upper right side of the screen
💠 Click on Export to Excel
💠 Locate the downloaded file and then print it
What components are there in the Payroll report in QuickBooks?
💠 Net Pay
💠 Employee adjustments, taxes, and wages
💠 Leaves including vacation & sick taken
💠 Employer contributions & taxes
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support