QuickBooks is a fast-growing accounting software that has helped hundreds of businesses to keep track of everything from invoices to employee performance.
With changing times, it has introduced a new feature of POS (Point of Sale) integration, and it is very helpful as it seamlessly helps to manage anything related to POS.
Need For QuickBooks POS Integration
QuickBooks helps in integrating, and easy management of various business activities, and QuickBooks POS has taken a step further for a small and large business to keep track of their products, sales, and even customers.
The above is just the surface level actions. POS does a lot more:
- You can make a sale inventory by scanning the item or choosing it from your list.
- You can add a customer to a particular sale. This allows you to know who are regular. customers and you can easily send them vouchers.
- There are in-store and online payment modes with easy payment techniques.
- You can easily keep track of the most and the least lost items.
- You can also keep a tab on employee performance.
- Online purchases and tracking can also be made through POS.
So, you can manage everything about sales from one screen. Now that you know why you need QuickBooks POS, let’s understand the process of integrating it.
The Process of QuickBooks POS integration
POS integration will allow you to manage your sales and taxes, add customers, and create customer invoices and do all the tasks side by side. Here are the steps:
Prerequisite: Get QuickBooks account ready
There are two ways to integrate your QuickBooks POS integration:
- Click on the Financial center tab
- From the new dialogue box select Set up QuickBooks Connection now
- A new dialogue box opens which will say You need to start QuickBooks now.
- If you don’t have an account, you have to create one as mentioned in the prerequisite section above. Otherwise, select the options you want active and click Finish.
- Click on the edit menu
- Click on preferences from the drop-down list
- A new window opens. Click on integrated applications from the left-hand side list and then click on the company preferences tab.
- An application list pops up, choose QuickBooks point of sale from there.
- Click on Properties
- Next click on the access tab and select allow this application to read and modify this company file
- Select okay on the properties and the preference window that pops up.
In case you are stuck and need assistance while following the steps mentioned above to integrate QuickBooks POS.