It is evident that every business application needs a few components and applications in order to print a document on a computer. Now let’s discuss why won’t my Adobe Files Open in QuickBooks.
That is when you experience an error when you try to print payroll tax forms or statements. In tune with this, QuickBooks is unable to find out that the PDF error is one of the most common printing errors.
This particular error displays a specific error message, “Unable to Locate PDF Viewer”, or “QuickBooks Won’t Open Adobe Files” and resolving this error in QuickBooks requires expertise in Adobe.
In this article, we’ve tried to provide potential causes and methods to fix print errors occurring in QuickBooks. After all the information you need, be sure to finish the article so you may be able to live without these problems.
What is the reason behind the inability to find out PDF viewer errors in QuickBooks?
In most cases with QuickBooks, such kind of errors usually occurs when the print components are backdated or spoiled. Any kind of error in the configuration of QuickBooks software is often the reason why QuickBooks cannot find the PDF viewer and then shows the error message, Unable to locate PDF viewer.
Here are more additional and common reasons that cause this PDF viewer error in QuickBooks.
- Windows is having a backdated version of Adobe Reader
- QuickBooks Desktop lacks all the latest updates
- In the QuickBooks Desktop, Adobe Reader is not the default, and set PDF Viewer
- Qbprint.qbp file is either spoiled or absent from the installation directory.
How to fix QuickBooks when it cannot open Adobe files?
When the user is acquainted with all the possible reasons and causes, consider shifting to the solution to such issues effectively.
Here is a quick look at a few suitable solutions for this error.
#1: Uninstall, Again Install and Upgrade the Adobe Acrobat
Update Adobe Reader
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Write down the version displayed on the page and open the Adobe Reader app on Windows.
- On the Help tab, click About Adobe Reader.
- Do a quick check to see if the product displayed on the page is exactly what’s being sold on Adobe’s website.
- If the advertised version does not match, click the Help tab and select the Check for Updates button.
- Update the PDF viewer by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Repair Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Open up Adobe Acrobat Reader, and close all running applications on Windows.
- Go to the Help tab and click on “Click Repair Acrobat Installation“
- While the application will reinstate itself and once the message appears, restart your computer. Then try printing again using QuickBooks.
Reinstall Adobe PDF Viewer
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press OK to open the Control Panel.
To view installed updates in the Programs and Features window, first select View Installed Updates.
- Right-click, Adobe, and select Uninstall
- Access the Adobe Acrobat Reader download page by opening your internet browser and navigating to the correct website address.
- Click the Install Now button to get started, and select the correct Windows version from the drop-down list.
- Once the update file is downloaded, a prompt will appear. Simply click Run to install it.
- Click the “Finish” button after the installation.
#2: Set up Adobe Reader as the Default Viewer for PDFs
- Click the start button and locate the Settings
- Choose the Settings option
- Click Default Apps
- Choose the default apps by typing the file type and selecting .PDF right from the specific list.
- Click on the option that says ‘Select Default and Select Adobe Reader.
#3: Alter the name of the QBprint.qbp File
- In the windows, File Manager option, select the organize section and select the Folder option
- Find the ‘Option’. Unmark option which shows hidden files, drives, folders, etc.
- Go to your QuickBooks account and find out the Program Data folder found in C Drive
- Look for Qbprint.qbp file and then click on it two times.
- Select the ‘Rename’ option and save the particular file name
We hope that the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve this error. If you need any further assistance, feel free to give us a call at our Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support