QuickBooks is a well-known accounting program that is widely used by entrepreneurs all around the world. At the same time, there are some flaws in the software that could make it difficult to use. “QuickBooks unable to create PDF error” or “QuickBooks could not save your form as a PDF file” appears when such an error occurs. In this post, we’ll clear up any confusion you might have about the reasons for this problem and how to fix it.
This issue can be quite inconvenient for QuickBooks users since it prevents you from creating a PDF and also prevents you from saving the form as a PDF. Furthermore, the aim of this blog is to present a comprehensive picture of the Error: “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files”. Thus, read this post till the end.
What is Error: Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files
This error means there’s a problem with your PDF file’s mailing and printing. When you try to produce, email or print a report, you may receive the error “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files”. It can also be observed if you restart Windows 10 and then go to the PDF files. The error can also arise if you go to the Windows 10 and then add the Microsoft XPS report essayist gadget to the framework design, which connects its default port named PORTPROMPT, which can cause conflicts during higher printing demand.
Possible factors that could lead to the Error: Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files
There is more than one reason that can give rise to the “QuickBooks unable to create PDF error”. Below are few listed reasons:
- Microsoft XPS document writer on XPS port if a drag is connected to the printer.
- This error may be caused by unrecoverable errors.
- There is a problem printing transactions/reports.
- Error 30, 20, 41 in QuickBooks PDF converter activation.
- This error can also occur if the device is not ready.
- During the reconciliation process, QuickBooks becomes unresponsive.
- You may also receive the message “QuickBooks is not responding.”
- If a component is missing and QB is unable to complete an action.
- If you can’t print directly to QB PDF Converter.
- QuickBooks was unable to perform a task.
- The offline mode is reflected in the PDF converter.
- If you try to reconcile accounts in QuickBooks, it will freeze.
- The Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications is no longer functional.
- When installing PDF Converter, you can get an error 1722 or 1801.
How to troubleshoot Error: “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files”
Let’s take a look at the measures given by the technical team for addressing the Error: “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files”. We’ll take a look at each strategy one by one:
Troubleshooting 1: Reinstall the Microsoft XPS
One can opt for is to reinstall Microsoft XPS and then steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To verify and ensure XPS services are enabled, you need to click on the Windows Start button
- Next, go to the Control Panel
- Now, moving forward to the System Group followed by clicking on the “Uninstall/Change a program”
- After that, click on the “Turn Windows features on” option
- Once done with that, scroll down the menu to ensure that the “XPS services” and the “XPS viewer” options are enabled
- Put a checkmark in both boxes before pressing the “Ok” button
- Test QuickBooks after turning on both services to determine if the problem has been resolved.
If you’ve tried both alternatives and the problem persists, you’ll need to do the following steps:
In Windows 8: Reinstall XPS Document writer
The instructions for reinstalling XPS document writer in Windows 8 may differ from those for older versions of Windows. If you’re using Windows 8, take a look at the steps enlisted below:
- To reflect the start screen, move the mouse to the corner
- Choose the Settings tab
- Now, go to the Control Panel and click on the same
- After that, go to the “Devices and Printers” tab
- Do a right-click on the “Microsoft XPS document writer” icon followed by clicking on the “Remove device” option.
- Click on the “Yes” to confirm the action
- From the toolbar, you need to click on the “Add a printer” option
- Moving forward, choose the option labeled with “Add a local printer/network print with manual settings”
- Now, you’re supposed to select the “PORTPROMPT- local port”
- Once you select then hit the “Next” button
- Select the Microsoft followed by clicking on the “Microsoft XPS document writer v4” from the manufacturer list
- Again hit the “Next” button followed by choosing the option “Replace the current driver”
- Once again click on the Next button
- The next step is to release version 4 in order to confirm that the name is Microsoft XPS document writer
- In the end, hit the Finish button.
In Windows 7 and Vista: steps reinstalling XPS document writer
If you’re a Windows 7 and Vista user, the below steps would surely assist you in reinstalling the XPS document writer.
- Firstly, press the Windows Start button
- Next, select the “drivers and printers” option
- Perform a right-click on the “MS XPS document writer” icon followed by selecting the “Remove device”
- Click on the “Yes” button
- Select the “Add a printer” and then select the “Add a local” tab
- After that, select and click on the Use an existing port
- Now, select the XPSPort- the local port and then hit the “Next” button
- Go to the Microsoft >>> choose Microsoft XPS Document writer >>> Next
- Lastly, select the “Replace current driver” tab and you’re good to go.
Troubleshooting 2: Bypass the print spooler
- Start with opening the Printer Control Panel within the Windows
- Do a right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writer
- Next, select the “Printer Properties” tab
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and select the “Print directly to the printer” tab
- After that, click on the “Ok” button
- Close the Printer Properties tab to end this process.
Troubleshooting 3: Run the System File checker to Repair MSXML 6.0
If the preceding troubleshooting fails, you can use the System File Checker to repair the MSXML 6.0 that is included with Windows 8. The System File Checker is a Microsoft error that allows you to repair the Windows system files:
In Windows 7 and Vista
You’re supposed to run the system file checker to repair the MSXML 6.0 built into Windows 7. The steps to be carried out are as follows:
- Press the Windows Start button
- Next, select the All Programs >>> Accessories
- Select the “Run as admin” by right-clicking on the Command prompt
- After that, enter an appropriate admin password
- Now, type in SFC/Scan
In Windows 8
- Initially, press the Windows Start button
- Type the command by right-clicking on the same
- On the bottom bar, right-click on the option to select the “Run as an Admin”
- Now, you’re supposed to enter the admin password and enter it then click on the “Ok” button
- Finally, type the SFC/scan.
Troubleshooting 4: Download and Run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- The first step is to transfer the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool to your computer and start it
- Perform the.pdf file-related task that caused the error in the first place
- If you get an error on the screen, restart the computer and try again
- Confirm that the XPS document author should be printed before saving it as a PDF file
- With the help of XPS document author elements, you can save the XPS document author as a PDF file
- After that, I opened the notepad and typed something in
- Go to the file and then press the print button
- After that, choose the XPS document author and the Print option
- Then choose a desktop within it
- The following step is to go to the desktop
- And lastly, verify whether you can read the XPS document written from the tab.
Troubleshooting 5: Making a new template for the form
You should generate a new template for the form and then for the transaction, and also you need to change the template. Also, create the .pdf file.
Troubleshooting 6: Verify whether reconcile window is appear off of the screen
The reconcile window may appear off the screen if selecting reconcile from the banking menu stops up QuickBooks yet the PDF capabilities continue to function normally. The steps below should be followed:
- Check to see if the reconcile window is listed in the Windows menu
- Then choose the “Close All” option
- The final step is to restart the reconciliation procedure.
Troubleshooting 7: Managing Windows user permissions for XPS document writer
If none of the troubleshooting methods worked, you can try adjusting XPS document authors’ Windows User Permissions. To a certain extent, this might work. The following are the steps to take in this situation:
- The first step is to open the control panel on the printer
- Right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writer and select Properties
- Also, select “Printer properties” from the drop-down menu
- After that, select the Security option
- Look for the user cluster that includes everyone
- Then select the add tab
- After that, you must type in everyone and then select the check named option
- Press the “OK” button
- Select the print option, check the row with the allow column, and then click the OK button
- Moving ahead, move to the C:\Windows\system32\spoolin.
- Select the printer’s option by right-clicking on it
- Then select Security from the drop-down menu
- Now, select Edit from the drop-down option and then “Add”
- After that, you’ll need to join the local service
- Also, make sure the local service has complete control before clicking the Ok button
- The last step is to launch QuickBooks and attempt to create a .PDF file.
The troubleshooting to resolve the “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files” issue will work for sure when it’s rooted in the above-discussed cause. If the issue persists, the explanation for “QuickBooks could not create the necessary pdf files” could be something else. You can feel free to leave your queries on our LIVE CHAT box and our team will respond with an in-depth report on your problem and a possible solution too.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support