One of the primary reasons why QuickBooks is widely popular is that it facilitates its users to reach out to their financial institutions effortlessly. For the customers of Chase, QuickBooks offers several powerful tools to manage their businesses. The users can keep their business accounts in sync by integrating seamlessly with the systems of Chase. If you are a customer of Chase, you can download your account transactions and even can import into QuickBooks absolutely free of cost.
Unaware of this wonderful feature? Fret not! Just go through this blog. We will tell you how to download your account transactions including How to Download Chase Credit Card Transactions.
How to Download Chase Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks?
There are multiple ways to do so.
Method 1: Through Web Connect
- Log in to the Chase Online Banking Portal
- Click the ‘ Customer Center’ tab
- Go to ‘Reference Center’ and click the link ‘Activate Money’
- Click ‘Download Now (No change)’. This is to generate a QB OFX-formatted file’ on your desktop.
- Click ‘Continue’
- Now, click the account from where you want to download the transaction ( For example, your credit card account).
- Specify the date range for which you want to download the transactions.
- Click the ‘QuickBooks’ radio button. From the drop down menu, select the QuickBooks version you are using
- Click on ‘Export’
- When prompted, click the ‘Save’ button. You will be asked to specify the folder to save the file
- After saving the file, open the destination folder. It would contain an OFX-formatted file
- Rename it as ‘Filename.qbo’. ( Filename will be the name of your downloaded file). This is a very important step. The QB Web Connect supports files in .qbo format only.
- Now open the QuickBooks software
- Open the ‘File’ menu
- Go to Utilities>Import> Web Connect Files
- Now locate the OFX-formatted file you downloaded earlier from Chase online. Click ‘Open’ to proceed
- A prompt will appear on your screen with the dialog “ Select a Bank Account”.
- Select ‘Use an existing QuickBooks account’. From the drop-down list, select your account
- Go to My Shortcuts>Online Banking and match this account with the one you have downloaded.
Method 2: Using the Direct Connect method of QuickBooks
- Go to ‘Customer Center’ and click on ‘Reference center’
- click the link ‘Activate Money’
- Click the link “ Activate Direct Access by the PFM service that is $ 9.95/ month”
- Click ‘Continue’ and follow the instructions to complete the direct access set up
- Now open the QuickBooks software and click the ‘Banking’ menu.
- Click ‘Online banking’ and click on ‘Set up account from online services’
- From the drop down list, choose your company account. Click ‘Next’ to proceed
- From the ‘Financial Institutions’ drop down menu, select ‘Chase’
- Click ‘Next’ to go to account settings
- Choose ‘Direct Connect’ and click ‘Next’
- Tick the box named ‘Yes, my account has been activated for QuickBooks Online Services’ . Click ‘Next’ to proceed
- When prompted, provide your Chase user Id and password.
- Specify the online account to download from
- Click ‘ download online accounts’
- Click ‘Receive transactions’ .
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the linking process
How to Download Chase Credit Card Transactions
Here is how you can download your Chase credit card transactions and import into QuickBooks-
- Log in to your Chase credit card account on the bank website
- Select the range of credit card transactions you want to download
- Select a file type which you want the transaction data to convert to
- Save the file to your system
- Now log in to your QuickBooks account
- Go to the ‘Banking’ Tab and click ‘Upload’
- Go to ‘Browse’ and select your credit card transaction file. The file will be imported to QuickBooks.
How to reconnect your Chase Account with QuickBooks?
Following the below-mentioned procedure would help you resolve errors when you are not able to Download Chase Credit Card transactions to QuickBooks-
- Go to the ‘Banking’ menu
- Click ‘Add account’
- Find out and click ‘Chase Bank’
- Log in to your bank account with your user Id and password by clicking on the sign-in URL provided by QuickBooks
- Make sure that all the accounts are checked. Review the accounts page and look for sign-in issues, if any. If any such issue persists, you will not be able to Download chase credit card transactions to QuickBooks.
- If there is no such issue, select the blue-colored tile from the QuickBooks banking menu
- Click ‘Update’ to finish
In the above discussion, we have shown you how to Download chase credit card transactions . This is an excellent feature with the help of which you can establish a direct connection with your bank. You can use the information thus received to reconcile your accounts and streamline your finances effortlessly. If you face any issues, feel free to get back to us.