You are using Sage 50 accounting software to handle your cash flow, settle bills payment, and send an invoice via email, and more. To enhance your experience, you want to migrate from Sage 50 Conversion to QuickBooks as it offers a wide array of features and functionalities that helps you to boost productivity.
QuickBooks is one of the best platforms to do so. You need to migrate your Sage US 50 data into QuickBooks Desktop to switch your accounting program. However, it is a bit complex and hectic task.
Manually data migration is not possible to convert the data from Sage 50 software to QuickBooks; you also need to look for the QB Data Migration services. Here is the complete guide for data migration; you can do it without any hassle.
What data is converted?
Here is the list of what and all data can be easily converted:
- Chart of Accounts
- Other Names
- Build Assembly (Inventory assembly items)
- Items: Service, Inventory, and Non-Inventory
- Invoice (Customer)
- Bill (Vendor)
- Payment (Customers)
- Purchase Order
- Bill Credit
- Inventory Adjustment
- Payroll Liability Check
- Sales Order
- Sales Tax Payment
- Credit Memo
- YTD Adjustment
- Sales Receipt
- Transfer of Fund
- Item Receipt (Received for Bill)
- Bill Payment (Vendor)
Step by step procedure for data migration
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
Follow each step that is described below in the given sequence order:
Step 1: Review the conversion requirements
You need to check your system configuration before being specified and ensure that your system meets all the conversion tool requirements:
|Review the Conversion Requirements|
|Operating system:||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB of free space (suggested)|
|QuickBooks Desktop:||Enterprise, Premier, Pro 2016 or higher|
|Processor:||500 MHz Intel Pentium II (minimum)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework:||Version 2.0 (minimum)|
|Memory (RAM):||512 MB (minimum)|
|Sage 50:||Version 2013 or higher|
Step 2: Preparation for data conversion
- Make sure that your data for both Sage 50 and QuickBooks is on the local drive and not on the network drive.
- There is a need to install both QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50 on the same device.
- Before beginning the conversion phase, create a backup of your Sage 50 data.
Step 3: Setup Sage 50 software
- Initially, run your Sage 50 software and then access the file that you wish to convert into QuickBooks
- Next, go to the main menu and choose the “Maintain” option
- After that go to the Users and then Setup Security
- Go to the tab named “Data Access/Crystal Reports
- And then hit the option labeled “With the following login information”
- Select the “Change” option and set a strong password to transfer the data
- Finally, close the Sage 50 software.
Step 4: Download the conversion tool
- In this step, you have to download the QB Conversion Tool from Intuit official website
- Locate the file/folder and open it where you have saved your downloaded file
- Make a final click on the exe file and click “Run as Administrator using the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Convert your data
- Hit “Browse” after running the conversion tool
- Next, look for the company file of Sage 50 US that you wish to migrate
- Now, open the Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN Setup window
- Using the drop-down menu select the QuickBooks company file from Database Nambe
- Press the “Ok” button
- Provide the password for Sage 50 and then hit “Next” to move forward
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks edition/version to which you are going to migrating your Sage data
- After that, hit “Browse” and choose the file/folder wherever you wish to save your converted file
- Press “Next” and the default position for the files in the My Documents folder
- Check all the information you’ve entered and click Convert File to run the conversion if all is right.
Note : QuickBooks Data Migration
Step 6: Review the conversion
If the process is complete, in QuickBooks, click on Open. In QuickBooks, go through your converted data to make sure all the files are correctly converted.
- style=”list-style-type: none;”
- The very first, go to the Window Start menu
- Next, choose the “File Explorer
- Locate the folder with a location address: C:\USERS\[Your Windows User Name]\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Hit open and look for the failed transaction log
- When this file will open then it displays all unsuccessfully transferred data.
You can also buy a 3rd party service for Sage 50 Conversion to QuickBooks. The conversion service will audit the results to make sure that all financial reports in QuickBooks will exactly match the original Sage 50/Peachtree records, such as the trial balance, profit and loss, and balance sheets. All other financial results will also comply with Aging A/P, Aging A/R, and so on. For all lists and all old transactions, this is a complete conversion facility.