Do you need to add, edit, or delete an employee’s data into QuickBooks Payroll once you imported it? You can change processed and unprocessed data in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll. We explain for both editions.
How to Add employee data in Quickbooks Desktop Payroll?
Let’s start with how to add employee data in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. If you already buy the recent version then you just need to update the information before making any new changes.
To add employee data in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, the user has to perform the below instructions step-by-step:
Step 1: Firstly, you have to open the payroll setup
- To do this, open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Then, you have to choose the Employees and click on the Payroll Setup
- Perform the screen guidelines to add up the employees then set up the company payroll products
Point to be Noted: The user has to be sure that add all employees that you in your calendar year even if they no longer work for you. The user might be required to add their year-to-date pay information as well.
Step 2: Add the employee’s prior paychecks
Once you completed the above step, then you need to add the employee’s prior paychecks. Now, you are all set to add employee’s prior paycheck information. With many benefits, you can utilize their pay stubs or payroll reports from the prior payroll service.
- From the Payroll setup screen, you have to choose the Payroll history
- Click on the Yes button that you have employees in the radio button
- Hit the next click on the Continue button
- Now, you have to choose Yes or No on the consolidated paychecks for the earlier quarters
- Move forward to choose the employees that you want to enter paycheck information
- Then, click on the Edit Payroll history
After this, you have to enter the paycheck amounts as a sum up for each earlier quarter or by paycheck. The user might be required to enter the amount by paycheck data in the present quarter.
- Once you added all paychecks for an employee then click on the “Done” button
- Then, you have to repeat the above steps for each paid employee in the present year who no longer work for you.
You Might be Interested: How to Import Employee Data into Quickbooks Payroll?
Steps 3: Add prior payroll tax payments
If you have paid taxes for the previous payroll then you will need to enter those payments. This information determines that how much you still owe and make sure about future payments and fillings are appropriate.
- Choose the Payroll taxes
- Hit the click on the quarter that you required to enter the taxes that you have paid
- Enter all Federal and state tax amounts that you paid under the amount paid column
- Then, you have to repeat the above steps for each quarter that you have paid taxes
- Click on the Save button to finish the program
Step 4: User has to add other prior payroll related payments for employees
- Firstly, you have to choose the Payroll Non-taxes
- Then, you have to choose the quarter that you want to enter payments for
- Go to the Amount paid column, then enter all non-tax payments amounts that you made
- Repeat the steps for each quarter that you make other payments
- Hit the click on the Save button.
How to Add Employee Data in Quickbooks Online Payroll?
Here, you can learn how to add and set up an employee in the QuickBooks payroll. Follow the below-mentioned steps whether you are setting up the payroll for the first time or if you just adding a new employee to the team.
Step 1: Get Employee details
Check and verify Employee’s data: W-4 employee’s withholding certificate of all personal details such as the name, social security number, address, and adjustments. Your employees need to enter all information when you invite them.
- Must be sure that a form you used to verify the employment eligibility
- Then, you have to send all employees an invite to add all personal details and also have access to their pay stubs and W-2s online.
- Adress you required where your employee works
- Enter the payment information and the direct deposit information
- Check and ensure about the Pay history
Step 2: Now, you are all set to add employees data
- Choose the payroll product that you want to get started
- Then, you have to locate which payroll service you have
Step 3: Once you have done with the above steps then you have to finish the new state setup
In any case, if you received an email with the subject, new details required for a company set up in a different state from where your organization is located. Then, you may need to set up and follow the displayed steps to complete the edit employees’ data and pay taxes program in the specific state.
How to Edit/Modify employee data in Quickbooks Desktop Payroll?
Sometimes users are required to Edit/Modify employee data in the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. You can edit the employee data in the following section as Personal Details, Employment information, Address, and contact.
To update new changes, you have to perform the following steps:
- First of all, open the Employees section and then choose the Employee center
- Hit the double-click on the name of the employee
- Now, select a tab and make all required changes
- Once you have done, then click on the Ok button
How to Edit/Modify Payroll Transactions in Quickbooks Online Payroll?
In the QuickBooks Online Payroll, you have to edit an unapproved paycheck. Firstly you have to know what you can edit what you can’t. You can make all edits in all types of checks, hours worked, additional pay types, hours worked pay date, memo, active deduction amount, federal and state income tax accounts.
To do it manually, go with the following steps:
- From the approve paychecks page, you have to choose the Edit/View option
- Then, click on the Edit option
- Now, you have to create the desired modifications and click on the Save button
- Hit the click on the “Approve Paychecks” when you are ready
- Wait until the new changes will update on your screen
- Once it appeared, then click on the Save and Close button.
For QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- From the preview payroll page, then you have to choose the edit icon
- Create all required modifications and click on the OK button
- Then, you have to choose the submit the payroll when you’re ready
- After this, you can edit an approves manual paycheck
- Then, you have to choose Payday and click on the Paycheck List.
- The next thing you have to do the check that what you need to edit
- Hit the click on the Edit
- Then, check and make sure about all edits
- If an edit is made to add more hours worked, the payroll rectification will add an amount to the employee’s next check
- In another case, If an edit is made to deduct hours worked, the payroll rectification will deduct an amount from the employee’s next paychecks
- Then, choose the Edit option
- After this, deduct all the more gradually. At that point enter the amount to be deducted from every check.
- Select Save and close.
How to Delete Employee data in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
If you added an employee to payroll and they don’t have an installment history or any paychecks, you can delete their data and profile. Here’s the way to delete an employee profile from any QuickBooks or Intuit payroll item.
Learn how to delete an employee’s profile from your Intuit or QuickBooks Desktop payroll.
- The initial step is to open the Payroll menu and then choose the Employees tab
- Then, choose the employee’s name
- In case, if employees are not visible on the list then click on the “All Employees” from the Active Employee drop-menu options
- Click on the Edit Employee and choose the “Delete Employee” option
- Hit the Yes button to give confirmation the deletion
How to Delete Employee Data in Quickbooks Online Payroll?
Follow the steps sequentially to delete an employee data in QuickBooks online payroll
- Firstly, you have to open the Employees menu
- Then, choose the Employee Centre
- Hit the right-click on the name of the employee.
- In any case, if employees aren’t on the list. Then, click on the “All Employees” section from the Active Employees from the available preferences
- From the drop-down menu, you have to choose to delete an Employee
- Then, click on the OK button to confirm
Best QuickBooks Deleter Tool Variable
In QuickBooks accounting software, deleting unnecessary files, employee data or any other records is one of the best ways to protect your data security and privacy. It will make more space and also boost the system’s performance. But it’s very to delete files manually, to make it easy you find many QuickBooks deleter tools which help to delete the data in bulk. It will save your precious time and reduce all complex issues. A good deleter tool will completely clean out the data making it impossible to retrieve.
Thank you for reading this blog, we hope the above information was useful for you to know about how to add, edit or delete the employee data into QuickBooks online once you imported it.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support