QuickBooks accounting software is one of the solutions that has gained huge popularity nowadays, and the reason behind this preference is the easy to use and effortless access to the interface that it offers.
However, there are times when you will find it necessary to convert a QuickBooks file to Excel.
Why do you need to Convert a QuickBooks file to Excel?
QuickBooks is a software solution that is highly used to store and present various business-related data in an organized manner.
Starting from entering sales receipts and preparing reports to managing inventory and tracking expenses as well as sales tax, QB is considered the best for maintaining and managing all financial data.
However, there are times when QB is unable to open many spreadsheet programs, which Excel easily can. Hence, the conversion of QB files to excel becomes mandatory in a circumstance when you need a spreadsheet to be displayed but QB can’t open it.
Now when you know when to opt to convert QuickBooks file to Excel, let’s have a look at the process that can help you achieve the conversion efficiently.
The Process of Conversion of QuickBooks to Excel
There are two options that you can choose while converting the QB file to Excel:
Option 1: Direct Conversion
Step I: Locate the file to be converted
- Move to QuickBooks file menu
- Click File
- Select Open
Step II: Select your user mode
- Navigate to the QuickBooks file menu one more time
- Choose Switch to Single-User Mode
Step III: Present data in a spreadsheet
- Open File menu
- Choose Export
- Click on Send the report to a new Excel spreadsheet option
- Click OK
Step IV: Convert the QB file to Excel
- Select File on the Excel spreadsheet
- Choose Save As
- Type the name of the document
- Your QB file gets converted
Option 2: Through Import
- The first step is to ensure that you have the latest version of QBO2CSV that could help you extract data from QBO files. If you don’t have it, download the same
- Run the QBO2CSV and select the QBO file
- Review the transactions prior to converting them to ensure everything that is converted is correct
- Choose the CSV Target i.e. the format you want the converted Excel sheet to be saved in
- Click Convert and the CSV file will be created
- Check the file name and location
- The CSV is created
- Review the finally converted file and import the same to Excel
- Follow Option 2 – For Windows (Steps – 1-4)
- Choose Open after Save to open the application that will import and convert your file
- Follow Option 2 – For Windows (Steps – 5-8)
In case you get stuck anywhere while following the steps to convert QuickBooks file to Excel, feel free to connect with our experts available 24/7.