Intuit is offering a subscription based complete and comprehensive disaster recovery plan (Intuit data protect). All data on a user’s computer can be safeguarded against damage from virus, malware, ransomware, theft, fire, or any other disaster. All the data is securely backed up. Users can opt to back up only their QuickBooks data or all the data present on their system.
Note: Intuit Data Protect only works with QuickBooks Desktop 2011 and later. Still, users can separately back up the company file present on the system. You will only be able to integrate Intuit Data Protect with QuickBooks Desktop version 2011 or later.
Follow the steps given below to set up and use Intuit Data Protect:
- Click the Top Icon Bar under view menu
- Open Intuit Data Protection(IDP) directly from QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit Activate now
- Sign into IDP using correct credentials
- Hit continue
- At this point, you can recover the previously backed up data. If not, then proceed to the next step
- Select files to be backed up to Intuit Data Protect.
- Hit continue. In the next window, you can schedule backups. If you don’t wish to schedule backups, then move to the next step.
- Hit continue.
- Enter your email address. You will receive all the notifications about data backup through Intuit Data Protect on this email address.
- Click on continue. Once all the data is backed up with Intuit Data Protect, you will get a confirmation message. Hit ok and close the window.
You can backup the data anytime by opening Intuit Data Protect (IDP) from QuickBooks and selecting Back Up Now. With IDP, you can perform incremental as well as full backups. You should schedule backups through IDP. This will help you in streamlining your operations while having your data on secure servers.
For restoring files, open IDP and click on Restore from Backup. Then select the files you want to restore. You will be presented with all the versions available for restoring. IDP saves multiple versions of a company file so that users can restore files from different periods of time. Then, click on continue and restore. IDP will start the restoration process. All previous data will be overwritten. To prevent this from happening, click cancel on Overwrite.
Hence, by using Intuit Data Protect, users can create for themselves a complete disaster recovery plan. IDP is perfect for small businesses and startups that do not want to spend their profits on purchasing hardware for storing and backing up data.
Intuit Data Protect is a backup administration that works with QuickBooks. Begin to back up and help protect your files and organizers. Set it up, and your data is sponsored up consistently. The below-mentioned information tells you the best way to set up and plan your backups. All QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and QuickBooks Enterprise memberships incorporate free admittance to Intuit Data Protect.
Intuit Data Protect System Required
Here’s useful information with prerequisites to run Intuit Data Protect preceding set up.
- Ensure your working system is Windows 7 or higher.
- The Windows client setting up Intuit Data Protect needs to have nearby administrator rights to the PC. They need full admittance to all organizers.
- You’ll need to install the full form of QuickBooks Desktop on the Server or the system where you’re setting up Intuit Data Protect.
- You’ll have to store files in the neighborhood. (Box, Googles Sheets, and OneDrive aren’t upheld.)
- You’ll need to utilize a local file way on the PC. The organization that drives your map isn’t upheld.
- For security purposes, ensure you update the Norton Life lock declaration like clockwork. Simply log out and back into Intuit Data Protect.
- Add admittance to Intuit Data Protect secure destinations in Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer and select the stuff symbol (Tools) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Internet alternatives and open the Security tab.
- Select Trusted destinations and afterward Sites.
- Add the entirety of the Intuit Data Protect secure sites and afterward select Close.
Can’t uphold with Intuit Data Protect?
Figure out how to fix issues when you can’t back up your QuickBooks Desktop data file with Intuit Data Protect.
Utilize these answers to get Intuit Data Protect to back up your files and related folders. After every arrangement, attempt to uphold Intuit Data Protect. If that it’s as yet not working, proceed to the following arrangement.
Method 1: Make sure the Windows firewall isn’t impeding Intuit Data Protect
Intuit Data Protect needs admittance to your firewall. Check your firewall to ensure significant files are permitted.
- Add significant files to the Windows firewall
- Press the Windows key on your console, and type Firewall in the search field.
- Then, you have to choose an Allow an application through Windows Firewall, then, at that point Allow another application.
- Hit the next click on the Browse and go to Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- The next thing you have to do to choose QBIDPservice.exe, then, at that point Open.
- Select Network types and select the Private checkbox. Select Add.
- Perform again above steps 4 and 5 for the files IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe. If that you get a message saying the files as of now exist, you’re good to go.
Point to be Noted: Third-party antivirus programming on your PC can likewise obstruct these significant files. Ensure these files are permitted. Check with the product creator in case you don't know how to do this.
If you find any error while creating a file, then perform the below troubleshooting:
Method 1: Add Intuit Data Protect to your Trusted Sites
- Ensure Intuit sites are confided in locales in Internet Explorer.
- Press the Windows key on your console, and type Internet choices in the inquiry field.
- Choose the Security, then, at that point Trusted destinations.
- Select Sites and add the accompanying sites. You can reorder, or type them physically. Select Add for each site.
- Ensure the Require worker check for all locales in this zone is unchecked.
- Click on the Close, then, at that point OK.
- Ensure you can open the Intuit Data Protect authentication site. You should have the option to open this to stay away from mistakes with your backups.
- Attempt to uphold Intuit Data Protect. If it’s as yet not working, proceed to the following method.
Method 2: Make sure IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as a Windows client
- The file IBuEngHost.exe needs to run as a System client for Intuit Data Protect to work properly.
- Check and verify whether the file is running as System
- Hit the right-click your Windows taskbar, then, at that point select Start Task Manager.
- Then, you have to choose the Details tab.
- Now, you have to search for IBuEngHost.exe. Ensure it has the User name as System close to it and the Status is running.
- The file way can be found at the highest point of the Explorer window.
- If that IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as System, follow these steps
- Download another installer for your QuickBooks adaptation.
Note: You have to save the file where you can without much of a stretch discover it.
- Firstly, you have to find the location where you saved the installer.
- Hit the Right-click the installer, then, at that point select Run as Administrator.
- Proceed with the re-installation.
- After the install, search for IBuEngHost.exe in Task Manager once more.
- Ensure the status is running and the User name is System.
- Attempt to uphold Intuit Data Protect. If that it’s as yet not working, proceed to the subsequent stage.
Method 3: Make sure QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Data Protect are exceptional
- The user needs to update the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, you need to update Intuit Data Protect.
- If you have problems after the arrangements above, take a stab at running the Diagnostic Tool.
Method 4: Utilize the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic apparatus to fix
The Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic apparatus can help fix this issue. It checks your PC’s memory, circle space, Windows segments like .NET Framework, and Intuit Data Protect form. It likewise tests that you can associate with the backup workers.
- In the first step, hit the Right-click the Intuit Data Protect symbol
- Then, you have to choose the About Intuit Data Protect. The symbol resembles a green lock.
- Press the Ctrl + F2 keys on your console to open the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic device.
- After this, you have to choose Run Diagnostics.
- If that the device recognizes a problem, a mistake window will show.
- Check the point-by-point data for steps on the most proficient method to fix it. Utilize the diagram beneath for subsequent stages.
- If that you can’t fix an issue, select Create Zip File,
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.
What do you understand with Intuit Data Protect (IDP)?
It is a subscription-based service that protects your data from being lost or destroyed as a result of viruses, laptop theft, file corruption, fire, and other factors. The files are automatically backed up at the specified intervals, and you can also make a regular backup of your files. You have the option of backing up either a single company file or a group of QuickBooks files.
Does Intuit Data Protect support all QuickBooks Desktop versions?
All QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Pro Plus, Premier, Premier Plus, and Enterprise subscriptions include free access to Intuit Data Protect. Moreover, you can even backup your data if the IDP is not integrated with QuickBooks Desktop version.
For which and all QuickBooks files, we can create backup using Intuit Data Protect
When you backup the company files, all you need to recreate your company files that get also backed up as in your QuickBooks settings. It includes all QB files including templates, logos, letters, and images related to your company file. Additionally, any files you’ve added to items in QB as well as the Financial Statement Designer, Business Planner, Cash Flow Projector, and Loan Manager files, if you use these features.