Learn here How to Delete Old due Payroll Taxes that were paid Outside of QuickBooks Online?
There are times when the business owner decides to pay off their payroll taxes outside the payroll software. As is they do not use the payroll software to pay taxes but rather just transfer them personally.
This ends up creating a little confusion for the employee handling the payroll software and system as he might not be aware of the tax payments being made or he may be aware, but still do not know how to delete them.
Many business owners and bookkeepers prefer to use QuickBooks Online software for the smooth management of payroll systems. Another reason for the popularity of QuickBooks Online for payroll reaching new heights is that it allows for easier access for any employee having authentic login id and password.
If for example, 4 employees are working on payroll under different categories, they might have to wait for their turn to work on the company file if they are working on QuickBooks Desktop version. However, that is not the case for those who are employing QuickBooks online version.
How to Delete Old Payroll Taxes Due Which is Already Paid
Now that you are aware of the benefits of using QuickBooks Online software, let’s come back to main point which is how to delete old payroll taxes due that are already paid outside of the software.
The thing is payroll taxes that are showing due cannot be deleted until and unless you opt to delete and remove the paychecks that make up for the tax.
To do so follow the enumerated steps below, however, make sure that you record the tax payment in the QuickBooks online software:
- Open your QuickBooks software and go to the home page.
- From this screen locate the Taxes tab on navigation bar on left side.
- Under Taxes choose the Payroll Taxes option.
- In the new screen for Payroll Taxes select Enter Prior Tax History tab.
- Now click on Add Payment option.
- Go to next option named Tax Type and type in the required information.
- Next, go to the Liability period and enter the correct data.
- Now go to Payment date and provide data in the space provided against it.
- The next step is to provide the check number in case the payment is made by check or reference number in case of online payment.
- Now provide details regarding the Notes and ensure that authentic information is provided for. It will be used for the record.
- In the area labeled Tax Amount Item type in the breakdown amount.
- Next click on OK to finish this process.
Please note: The above steps will not have any effect on the register or the bank account. In fact the record will not show only in both the places.
Can you delete old Payroll Taxes which I have already paid?
Yes, you can delete already paid payroll taxes by following some simple steps:
💠 Locate the Home page of QuickBooks
💠 Click on Taxes and then select the Payroll Taxes section.
💠 Hit on the Add Payment button
💠 Click the Next option, which says Tax type, and enter the required information
💠 Now locate the Liability period
💠 Click on Correct data
💠 Locate the Payment date and fill data in the field displaying against it
💠 Write the check number or reference number, details related to Notes
💠 Verify you write the accurate record info
💠 Write the amount in the area labeled Tax amount
💠 Click OK
How can I delete a tax payment in QuickBooks?
💠 Choose Taxes and then Click Payroll Tax
💠 Hit on View Tax payments located below Taxes
💠 Click the name of the Tax payment to modify the date if required
💠 Discover the drop-down button to choose the Delete option
💠 Hit on Yes button
How can I change the state unemployment rate in QuickBooks?
💠 Locate the Gear icon
💠 Below, the Company option hit on Payroll Settings
💠 Choose the State Tax
💠 Now move towards the State Unemployment Insurance Setup option
💠 Now Click on Change
💠 Read the notice regarding the state and write the new rate
💠 Now fill the Effective Date
💠 Click on Ok
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support