In QuickBooks accounting software, customer statements give a summary of all activities either it is single or customer associated with an account. They offer report transactions and all payments (along with a specified date range) likewise a bank statement which includes running net account balance. This blog will tell you about “How to Generate Customer Statement in the QuickBooks” along with all related information. This thing will help users to find out any details with just a few clicks.
Ways of Generating Customer Statement in QuickBooks?
1. Generate Customer Statement: Follow below steps
- First of all, go to the “Sales Menu” and then choose the “Customers tab”
- After that, you have to choose the “Checkboxes for an individual customer” that you won’t create statements
- Now, open the “Batch Actions” option and then choose “Create statements”
- After that, go to the statement and choose “Payments with balance for selected data range”
- Balance Forward: List of all invoices and payments along with the balance for the selected date range
- Open item: List of open and unpaid invoices from the last 365 days
- Transaction Statement: List of transactions between the selected date ranges
- Now, fill the data section and click on Apply
- At last, hit the click on the “Save & Close” button and then Send (Print or Preview) as per your according
2. View Generated Customer Statements: Follow The Steps
- The first thing you have to open the “Sales Menu” and all options will pop-up on your screen
- Then hit the next click on the “All Sales tab”
- The next step is to open the “Filter Menu” and then choose the “Customer Statements” from the drop-down preferences
- Now, you have to choose the “Date” and then click on the “Customer” section
- After that, choose all or any individual customer for which you want to view the statement
3. Customize Your Statements: Follow The Steps
- You find very less option if you want to customize your statement with these following steps:
- First of all, open the “Settings” and then click on the “Company Settings”
- After that, choose the “Sales tab” option and open the “Customers statements”
- Choose the “Edit” option from the available preferences
- You have two options either you can click on “List each transaction as a single line” or choose “List of each transaction along with all detail lines”
- The next thing you have to choose the “Show Ageing Table” at the bottom of the statement checkbox
- Then click on Save and Close.
4. Delete Unnecessary Customer Statements: Follow The Steps
- Hit your first click on the “Report” and then go to the search box to find the “Report” which is known as the statement list
- The next step is to do choose the “All Dates” option from the drop-down menu next to Date
- Enter the next click on the “Statement Date or Number”
- In the last step, click on the “Delete” option
The above information is sufficient to know about “How to Generate Customer Statement in the QuickBooks” but still if you need any help or any query in your mind, Call us at or do chat with QuickBooks Pro Advisors via the LIVE CHAT link. The expert of QuickBooks provides a 24/7 availability service to resolve all your issues.