Intuit Data Protect automatically backs up all QuickBooks files and folders so that you can restore your data anytime you want. It protects your company file data. The rising threat from malware and ransomware that encrypt your files makes Intuit Data Protect an essential service for organizations today. Intuit data protection works with all versions of QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. However, users with QuickBooks Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Enterprise Edition get free access to Intuit Data Protect.
In this post, you’ll learn how to install and set up updates for Intuit Data Protect to back up QuickBooks Files.
Update Intuit Data Protect
Intuit releases updates for Intuit Data Protect in order to improve features, enhance performance, and eliminate identified errors.
Steps to download the latest updates for Intuit Data Protect:
- From the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Update now tab.
- Choose Data Protect, and select Get Updates.
- In the taskbar, click on the ^ sign.
- Right click on Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose About Intuit Data Protect, and select Update.
- Once the update finishes, choose Ok and restart your system.
Follow these steps to easily install & setup updates for Intuit Data Protect to Backup QuickBooks Files.
What is Intuit Data Protect?
Intuit Data Protect is an add-on service that automatically backs up all the QuickBooks files and folders on Intuit servers. Users can schedule the backups so that the service can automatically create the backup and upload it to the servers.
Multiple backup files are maintained so that users have the option to quickly restore one of the previous versions of the company file. And because the backups are stored on secure servers, you won’t lose your data even if your system stops working abruptly.
Is Intuit Data Protect free?
Yes, it is free for QuickBooks Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Enterprise users. Those with a one-time license of QuickBooks Pro and Premier must purchase the service as an add-on.
System Requirements for Intuit Data Protect
Kindly ensure that your system meets the hardware and software requirement to run Intuit Data Protect. Here’s a list of minimum system requirements for Intuit data protection.
- Operating system Windows 10 or higher
- Access to a windows admin user to install Intuit Data Protect.
- Full version of QuickBooks Desktop on your System or Server.
- Company files must be stored on the local area network.
- Security certificate from Norton Life.
You also need to add Intuit Data Protect to the list of secure sites in Intuit Explorer. Here are the steps for the same:
- From the Start menu, go to the Internet Options.
- In the Security tab, choose Trusted sites.
- Choose the Sites option.
- Input the websites for Intuit Data Protect in order to add them to the list of secure websites.
- Click on Close.
Setting up Intuit Data Protect
Once you sign up for Intuit Data Protect, you can set up automatic backup integrated with this service.
Steps to set up Intuit Data Protect:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your system or server.
- From the File menu, choose Backup Company.
- Select Set Up/Activate online Backup.
- Input the authentication details for the Email Account that you used to purchase Intuit Data Protect. Choose Continue.
- Choose the Company File that you want to back up, and click on Continue.
Note: users with the Entire Pc plan can choose folders to back up on Intuit servers.
- Mark the option to “Back up local selected documents, and click on Continue.
- After selecting the Files and Folders to back up, click on Continue.
- Schedule automatic backups, and click on Continue.
- After setting up the notification settings, click on Continue to start with the backup.
Note: Intuit Data Protects backs up your data for the first time after a few hours of setting up the service in QuickBooks. Subsequent backups take only a minute or two.
Back up Files and Folders with Intuit Data Protect
You can manually back up your files and folders using Intuit Data Protect. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the taskbar, open the System Tray.
- Right click on the icon for Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose Back up now.
- Select the Files and Folders to back up to Intuit servers, then click on Continue.
- Choose Backup now.
- When you receive the confirmation message for backup, click on Ok.
Change settings for Intuit Data Protect
You can adjust the preferences for backup settings, history and status. If you don’t like the default options, then you can make the required changes to ensure that Intuit Data Protect serves you in the best way it can.
Steps to change settings in Intuit Data Protect.
- Go to the System Tray, and right click on the Intuit Data Protect Icon.
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- View backup history: shows the details of the past backups sorted according to the time of creation of the backup files.
- Choose the View Backup History Option.
- Choose Change Backup Settings: add or remove files and folders from the backup list. Also access the notification settings.
- Choose Change backup settings.
- Select or remove files to backup using Intuit Data Protect, then click on Continue.
- Choose Continue and adjust the Notifications Email Settings.
- Choose Continue and select the backup time to schedule regular backups.
- Choose Continue and click on Exit once you’ve verified your preferences.
Error – Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed
If the backup fails, you have to look at both network and firewall issues. In such cases, you must manually configure Windows Defender Firewall so that Intuit Data Protect can create your backup and upload it to the server.
Steps to create firewall rules to list QuickBooks Desktop files as an exception:
- In the Start menu’s search bar, type in Windows Defender Firewall. Then hit enter.
- Choose the Advanced Settings from the left panel.
- Click on the Inbound Rules option that is given in the left pane.
- Move your mouse to the right pane, and Choose New.
- Select the radio button against Port, then click on Next.
- Enter the specific Port numbers assigned to your version of QuickBooks Desktop, and then click on Next.
- From the available options, choose the ratio button against Allow the connection, and then click on Next.
- Choose Private as the Domain Option, and then choose Next.
- Enter a descriptive name for the firewall rule, a name such as “QuickBooks Desktop inbound.
- Click on Finish.
Note: these descriptive names help you to identify the custom rules that you create in the future.
- Go through the same steps to create an Outbound Rule instead of an inbound rule.
Intuit Data Protect is a powerful tool that can help you manage your data and protect it from unauthorized access. By using Intuit Data Protect, you can keep your business information safe and secure while also complying with the strict regulations governing the protection of personal data. If you’re looking to protect your data, Intuit Data Protect is an essential tool for your arsenal.
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of Intuit Data Protect?
Intuit Data Protect can help businesses protect their data from unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration. It offers features such as:
- Identity protection: Intuit Data Protect helps protect your company’s identities by preventing unauthorized users from accessing the sensitive information stored on your computers.
- File encryption: Intuit Data Protect can help protect your files with strong encryption so that only you and those you authorize can access them.
- Data discovery: Intuit Data Protect can help uncover important information about your data in order to help you better manage it and keep it safe.
Can Intuit Data Protect backup all files for QuickBooks?
That depends on the subscription plan that you chose. Entire PC Users can choose entire QuickBooks folders to backup to servers. However, other users can choose a limited number of files to backup to the online servers. You can change your subscription plan to backup entire folders for Quickbooks desktop.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support