What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error?
“QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed” error is usually experienced either after a recent update or trying to access QB in multi-user mode.
The most apparent reason behind the arrival of this error is the disabled QBDSM. But don’t worry! There are multiple troubleshooting available there is a tool called “QuickBooks File Doctor” that helps you to resolve it quickly.
A huge variety of features and tools offered by QuickBooks makes the software most popular among every sized business. One of the most significant tools for multi-user functionality is the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It enables other computers on the network to connect to the server computer, which holds the Company file.
But many times, QuickBooks multi-user error network diagnostic fails when the components get corrupted or malfunction due to several technical factors. It happens most probably after a recent update or when you try to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you’ll frequently get this error message: QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error. Don’t panic. In this article, we’ll look at why the error happens and how to repair it.
Possible reasons that evokes QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed error
As you know, it is highly important to know the actual causes of the error before you move ahead to the troubleshooting steps.
Let’s look at the possible causes of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed to issue that is mentioned below:
- If the QBDB Server Manager is out of date or hasn’t been updated in a long time, the network diagnostics issue may emerge.
- The problem can potentially be caused by firewall settings that prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the internet through the needed ports.
- If the QBDB Server management is disabled, the error can also occur.
6 quick ways to get rid of QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed error
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed” associated with multi-user error. In simple words, this error occurs when a user tries to run QB in multi-user mode after a recent update. Sometimes, when you use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to scan your company files to check that other computers on the network can connect, the results show “Network Diagnostics: Failed.” Errors must be resolved before retrying!!” When a user attempts to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service to rectify the error, QuickBooks shows “The QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer started and then stopped, as you can see in the below screenshot.
Disabled QBDSM is one of the most probable reasons behind such error messages. However, you can resolve it by utilizing QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, updating the QBDB server manager with a recent release, configuring your firewall settings, and more.
Now that you know the possible causes of QuickBooks Database Server Manager network diagnostics failing error, here is a list of solutions:
- Check the version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager with QuickBooks
- Try updating your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Modify the Firewall Settings to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed error
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the network connection issues
- Set up the QuickBooks DBXX service properly
- Configure your Windows Firewall
Let’s start the troubleshooting process:
Method 1: Check the version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager with QuickBooks
We’ll check that the system has the same version of QuickBooks database server management as the QuickBooks Desktop software. If the two aren’t the same, you can get an error notification that says QuickBooks multi-user error network diagnostics failed.
- First, open the Run box by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously from your keyboard
- In the next step, you have to type Services.msc in the appeared Run box
- When you press “Enter”, you’ll get a list of all the services that have been installed
- Find QuickBooksDBXX and compare the final two digits to the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re using
- QuickBooksDB26 is for QuickBooks Desktop version 2016, QuickBooksDB27 is for QuickBooks Desktop version 2017, QuickBooksDB28 is for QuickBooks Desktop version 2018, and so forth
- If you notice a discrepancy, update your QuickBooks database server management to match the version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Continue to the next solution if the QuickBooks database server management network diagnostics failed issue still exists.
Method 2: Try updating your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
It is quite possible that the QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed issue might also be caused by an out-of-date version of the QuickBooks database server manager. Follow the instructions below to update the QuickBooks database server management:
- Start with clicking the Windows Start button and then type QuickBooks into the search box
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the drop-down menu and press Update
- To install the most recent updates for QuickBooks Database Server Manager, pay close attention to the on-screen instructions
- Then proceed to the following step after the update is complete
- You’ll be prompted to update the company file if you try to access it after restarting the server
- Make sure you backup your company file and then update the Quickbooks company file to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager compatible version.
When the problem with network diagnostics still occurs due to the QB server manager, it’ll be good to seek professional help to save your valuable time.
Method 3: Modify the Firewall Settings to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed error
The Windows Firewall protects your data from theft and unauthorized access. It restricts access to your files from sources that are not recognized or authorized. While critical, it may cause accessibility issues at times. To allow access to the company file from other systems on the network, you must configure your Windows firewall correctly.
- Open your computer’s ‘Control Panel’ by selecting it from the ‘Start’ menu
- Choose ‘Large icons’ from the ‘View by’ drop-down menu
- Select the ‘Windows Firewall’ option
- Navigate to the ‘Advanced Settings’ section
- Do a right-click on the ‘Inbound rules’ option followed by selecting the “New Rule” tab
- Click on the “Port” and then press the ‘Next’ button
- Make sure that TCP must be selected
- Enter the following in the appropriate port section for your QuickBooks version:
- QB Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- 8019, 56728, 55378-55382 in QB Desktop 2018
- 8019, 56727, 55373-55377 in QB Desktop 2017
- After that, click on the “Next” button
- Click on “Allow the Connection” and then click on the ‘Next’ button once more
- Name the new rule and then click the ‘Finish’ button at the bottom
- Repeat the preceding steps to create a similar outbound rule.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the network connection issues
QuickBooks File Doctor is a program that can help you recover corrupted company files and troubleshoot network problems. Here is how you can run the tool:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, close your QuickBooks
- Next, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (22.214.171.124)
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it
- Now, open the file that you downloaded
- Perform the instructions to install and also agree to the terms and conditions
- Once the installation is completed, do double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop in order to open the tool hub.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Go to the Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues
- Choose the option “Run the QuickBooks File Doctor”
- The file doctor can take up to a minute to load
Note: If the QuickBooks File Doctor does not open, look for QuickBooks Desktop File Doc on your computer and manually open it.
- Choose your company file from a drop-down option in QuickBooks File Doctor
- If your file isn’t visible, go to Browse and look for it
- Check your file and then hit the “Continue” tab
- Select “Next” after entering your QuickBooks admin password.
It takes a few minutes to scan your files and is determined by their size. It can take up to 5 minutes in most circumstances. Open QuickBooks and your company file after the scan is complete. Even if the scan resolves your problem, it may report that it failed.
Method 5: Set up the QuickBooks DBXX service properly
Steps to set up QuickBooks DBXX service properly by using the below-mentioned steps:
- Open “services.msc” by selecting “Run” and then “services.msc,” by pressing the first Windows button,
- Next, searching for services and double-clicking to open
- Now scroll down until the QuickBooksDBxx Service is no longer visible
- If the QuickBooksDBXX Service is running, right-click it and check the status. If it is, make sure you stop it
- Return to QuickBooksDBXX Service and right-click on it, then select properties
- If QuickBooksDBXX is set to manual under the general tab, please set it to automated
- Change the Local account into the Local System account by going to the logon tab
- Finally, navigate to the recovery tab and select the restart QuickBooksDBXX service option, then select “first failure,” “second failure,” and “last failure” from the drop-down box.
Close the properties window and try to restart the QuickBooks Database server manager’s Service from the service window’s left side.
Method 6: Configure your Windows Firewall
If the network location where your test PCs are located have Windows Firewall enabled, you must set a rule to allow the port TestLeft to be used (2377 by default).
- Click Advanced options on the left side of the Windows Firewall window
- The Advanced Settings window for Windows Firewall will appear
- Click Inbound Rules in the tree on the left side of the window
- Create a new rule as follows:
- Click New Rule in the window’s Actions panel
- The Wizard for New Inbound Rules will appear
- Select Port from the Rule Type drop-down menu on the wizard’s Rule Type page
- Select the Next button
- Select Port from the Protocol and Ports page of the wizard
- Enter the required port in the Edit box under Specific Local Ports (2377 by default)
- Again click on the Next button
- Select Allow the connection and then click Next on the wizard’s Action screen
- Choose the network location for which you wish to open a port on the Profile page of the wizard and then click Next
- Specify the rule name in the Name field on the wizard’s Name page, then press Finish
- Select Outbound Rules from the left-hand tree in the Windows Firewall with the Advanced Security window
- Open the same port for outbound connections by repeating steps for creating a new rule.
If you’re using a Floating User license and the network location where your License Manager PC is located has a Windows Firewall, make sure TCP and UDP traffic through port 1947 are allowed:
- Click Advanced options on the left side of the Windows Firewall window
- Select Inbound Rules and then New Rule in the subsequent Windows Firewall and Advanced Security window
- Click Port and then Next in the resulting wizard
- Make sure TCP must be selected then select Specific local ports and type 1947 in the box
- After that, select the Next button
- Again click Next after allowing the connection
- Once again click Next after selecting the required scope
- Finally, click Finish after giving the rule a name.
For the UDP protocol, repeat the steps. Then go through the procedures again to build outbound rules that enable TCP and UDP traffic to pass through port 1947. And at the end, the Windows Firewall window should now be closed.
Hopefully, this article covered the major information regarding the QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed error. To know more about accounting software & the best resolution of QuickBooks errors or any other functional glitches, you can visit our www.Bigxperts.com. Meanwhile, you can use the CALL NOW option to chat with experts to get better assistance for your queries with less delay.
Get Your Downloadable Copy of Fixing QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Issue
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support