QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale has long been considered one of the best point-of-sale systems available, particularly for small businesses with several registers. In terms of keeping finances on track and the underlying inventory valuation correct, it had the best integration with QuickBooks Desktop (financial) software. Being the best accounting software, it is also prone to several glitches or errors and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation errors is one among them. However, encountering such installation errors is common which are usually experienced by users in multiple scenarios. In this article, you’ll learn various QuickBooks Desktop POS installation errors and troubleshooting methods to fix them easily.
Common QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation Errors
There are a variety of issues that can occur during the installation and update of QuickBooks Desktop POS, but the most prevalent ones are listed here:
- Error 1304 – Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll
- Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. Could not verify the digital signature of file %s
- Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService” Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Possible Reasons That Hinders The QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Errors
- QuickBooks does not support the Microsoft .NET version that you have installed on your computer.
- On your PC, there are issues with the installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- The installer for QuickBooks POS installation has been damaged.
- Installation issues can also be caused by using an outdated version of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation errors
The following are the best possible ways to get rid of QuickBooks POS installation errors. Let’s explore one by one in the below section:
Method 1: Do a QuickBooks Point of Sale update
- On your PC, launch QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Under the Help tab, select About Point of Sale
- The next step is to check to see if QuickBooks Desktop Point 18.0 is installed, and if it isn’t, look for the most recent updates
- Go to the Downloads page for the product
- Select a product from the drop-down menu
- Select the relevant QB POS Desktop edition and version, then click Get the latest updates
- After the download is complete, save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation
- To complete the installation of the latest version, follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop POS from your system
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu on your desktop
- Locate the Uninstall a Program option and select the same
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 by double-clicking on it and following on-screen instructions to proceed further.
Method 3: Delete QBPOSDBSrvUer Account from Windows
- In the Run window, press Windows + R and type Control Panel
- After pressing Enter, go to the Control Panel and look for User Accounts
- Hit “Continue” after selecting Manage Another Account
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and then click Delete Account
- Restart the computer after clicking “Yes” for confirmation.
Method 4: Change the name of QuickBooks Point of Sale folders
Locate and delete the specified folders from your computer’s C drive:
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0.
Method 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on Windows
- Double-click the POS download file you downloaded in the first troubleshooting step to open it
- Then click Next after selecting “Yes to All”
- Next, select I accept the license agreement’s conditions and click Next
- Click Next after entering the Product number and your License details
- Choose whether to install QB POS for a single or more users
- After clicking Install, Windows should be restarted.
Hopefully, this article covered the major information regarding how to fix QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation errors. To know more about accounting software & best resolution of QuickBooks POS errors or any other functional glitches, you can easily reach the team of experts via LIVE CHAT to get better assistance with less delay.
What if QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation errors strikes back after reinstalling QuickBooks POS?
This can happen when there is a problem with the company file that you are using; in such cases, you may need to attempt another troubleshooting and that is to repair the company file.
What minimum system requirements do we need to install QuickBooks Point of Sale of the latest version?
To get the best experience, it is always important to meet the system requirements before you start the installation process. Below listed are the minimum system specifications that you require to install the latest version of QB POS:
Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit are natively installed.
Windows Server 2016.
Windows Server 2012 R2.
1 GB of disk space (you’ll need extra space for data files).
Display: Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
A 4X DVD ROM drive is required for DVD installations.
QuickBooks Desktop Compatibility
QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
Enterprise Solutions 21.0, 20.0, 19.0, 18.0 and 17.0
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 has been tested with the following software:
McAfee Internet Security Suite
Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
How do I install the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
After the download of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is successfully done then,
* On your desktop, open the QuickBooks installation file
* If you’re asked if you want to replace the extracted files, choose “Yes to All”
* To begin the installation, select Next on the wizard
* Make sure that you read the License Agreement carefully
* Select I accept the terms of the licensing agreement if you agree and then choose “Next”
* Select “Next” after entering your license and product number
* Select the installation type:
—- Only this computer: For a single user, select this option
—- Two or more computers are required: If you have several users, choose this option
* Select the type of workstation this machine will be if you opt to install on two or more computers:
—- Server Workstation: The server workstation is where your company’s data is created and stored
—- Client workstation: This workstation is usually the cash register, and it has access to the software. It is used to assist customers in their daily sales
* To begin the installation, select and click “Install”
Important Note: It’s important to note that QuickBooks Point of Sale can only be installed in the following file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (version)
* After you’ve completed the installation, turn on QuickBooks Point of Sale and you’re ready to go
* Finally, to get started, you may need to restart your computer and reopen QuickBooks.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support