QuickBooks Error 176103
Get professional support to fix the QuickBooks Error 176103 effectively
Is QuickBooks error 176103 denying you access or work on your QuickBooks desktop?
If yes then your search ended up on the right page. This error usually takes place when the QuickBooks Point of Sale fails to validate its license due to a damaged component or when the required components fail to respond due to some internal glitches. The QuickBooks Point of Sale software is considered the most beneficial and superbly advanced option. Since the advancement is never the challenge but it also brings some loopholes with it.
It is found that you might get the error message “Error 176103: Unable to activate the Product” whenever you try to validate the QuickBooks Point of Sale desktop license. To get a better insight about the same, stick out till the end.
What are the most possible reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 176103?
QuickBooks Point of Sale error 176103 displays on the screen at the time of upgrading or installing QuickBooks POS. There is a list of some potential factors that may lead to this error code such as;
- If the incorrect license number is entered.
- The wrong validation code gives rise to QuickBooks POS error.
- The entitlement of the QuickBooks POS data store file has been damaged or missing.
- At the time of registration, the prior version CD is not inserted.
- When the date and time of your system are not up-to-date.
Let’s discuss the prominent ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 176103
To eliminate QuickBooks Point of Sale error 176103, you are supposed to follow the underneath troubleshooting steps. So let us begin.
Solution 1: Make sure the Validation code is entered correctly
Each and every user is required to type the accurate validation code. There should be no hyphens and spaces among the digits of the code. In case the error still persists, you can go through the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify the date of your computer system
From System Tray:
- In the system tray, make a right-click on the time or date and then select Change date and time settings.
- Head to change the date and time from the Date and Time window.
- Lastly, update the date and time of your system according to the calendar.
From the Control Panel:
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- To open the Run Command, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Windows 10, 8.1, and 8: Hit the right-click on the windows icon and then select Control Panel.
- Windows 7 and Vista: Press the Windows Start button and choose the Control Panel tab.
- The user needs to click on Clock, Language, and Region on the Control Panel window.
- Select Date and Time.
- The last step is to update the date and time.
Solution 3: Disclose all the hidden Files and Folders
Windows 10, 8.1 or 8:
- First, you have to press Windows + S keys and then open the search box.
- Now, type folder in it.
- From the list of search results, select Folder Options and then tap on View.
- Then, you need to click on Show hidden files and folders.
- After that, uncheck Hide-protected operating system files and Hide extensions for known file types.
- Hit Apply and then press OK.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- To begin with, hover over the Windows start tab and then click Open Windows Explorer.
- Hit Organize and select Folder and Search Options.
- Afterward, tap on View and choose the option Show hidden files and folders.
- Once you are done with that, press the button to clear Hide protected operating files.
- In the end, you would have to click Yes as soon as the warning appears.
Solution 4: Remove the contents of Intuit Entitlement Folder
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- You are required to press Ctrl + A keys on your keyboard to choose all files in the folder and hit the delete button.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale and complete the entire registration process.
Solution 5: Perform a clean Re installation of POS (Point of Sale)
The main purpose to perform a clean reinstallation is to ensure that all the components are reinstated in the required manner. Even this process doesn’t affect any of your QuickBooks POS data. Therefore, it is advised you uninstall your QuickBooks point of sale, rename the Sale folders and then reinstall with the clean install option.
But before walking through this step, you need to take the pre-requisite actions;
- Make sure you have a QuickBooks point of sale installation CD or a downloadable file.
- The Product Number and License Number must be available.
- Ensure that you have created a QuickBooks Point of Sale backup for all data files.
- A user needs to log in as the Windows Administrator otherwise it may show you the error.
Step I: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- The very first step is to press Windows + E to open the computer window.
- Now, tap on uninstall or change the program.
- Choose the Point of Sale option from the showing list and click uninstall.
- You can also check out the upcoming instructions to uninstall Point of Sale.
- The user needs to uninstall Microsoft.NET Framework.
- After that, make a right-click on the Windows Start option and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Once it opens then press the Control tab.
- Select the Programs and Features or remove a program.
- From the list of Programs, opt for your version of QuickBooks desktop you want to uninstall.
- At last, you have to click uninstall/change and then remove.
- You are supposed to click Next If you don’t see this option after that sign out and sign in back into Windows as an admin (or a user who has admin rights).
Step II: Rename the QuickBooks POS Folders
- Copy the POS data folder.
- Paste the POS data folder.
- At the end of the folder name, add OLD.
- This will disallow any duplicate folder from getting created.
Location of Folders:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0.
Delete the Windows user QBPOSDBSrvUser.
- From the Windows Start Menu, select the Control Panel.
- Head to the User Accounts menu and then choose to Manage another Account.
- Press Continue in the User Account Control Window.
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser.
- Tap on the Delete Account from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that the folder has been removed.
- At last, your system must be restarted.
Step III: Reinstall or Activate the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- First of all, you have to download the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Browse the location where QuickBooks POS is saved and then make a double-click to run that file.
- Next, click Yes to all in case you are asked for overwriting the existing files.
- Then press Next to start the installation process.
- After reading the software license agreement, select Agree to the conditions and tap on Next to continue.
- Now, you would have to enter the license number and proceed ahead.
- Choose the number of users who are going to use QuickBooks POS.
- For Single User- Click the option only on this computer and move to the installation process.
- For Multiple User- Select two or more computers and opt for the client or server.
- Server Workstation- It generates and retains the company information on the first workstation where the POS is installed.
- Client Workstation- It is the cash register used to help customers in regular sales and access to the program.
- Click install to continue otherwise Back if you require to go back and check any previous screens.
- Restart the computer and then open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Once you are done with the installation process, activate and open QuickBooks Desktop POS.
Solution 6: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Implement the below-listed steps to eliminate the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to rectify license and registration issues. Let’s get started.
- Initially, you are supposed to open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and your QuickBooks POS version.
- To open the Run window, click Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Next, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press the Enter key. Note: The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and other QuickBooks Enterprise versions.
- After that, you need to give a right-click on EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Select the Delete option.
- Then tap on Yes to confirm you are ready to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- At last, you have to open your company file and follow the on-screen commands to register the application.
Hopefully, the QuickBooks error 176103 can be easily avoided after applying the prescribed solutions. However, at times you get stuck in a scenario when you are clueless about what to do next. In this case, it is important to have a word with QuickBooks helpdesk team members who are always ready to provide swift and prompt assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I get rid of the QuickBooks error 176103 if I change or enter the right license or product number in QuickBooks Desktop?
As we all are familiar with the fact that an inaccurate License or Product number causes QuickBooks POS error. Therefore, it is required to change it if there’s something wrong with your software.
1. Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and choose the option Manage My License.
2. Now, give a click on Change My License Number.
3. After that, you are ready to enter the new License number.
4. Once you are done with this, press Next and then Finish.
Why is it necessary to enter the correct Validation Code and does it helps to overcome QuickBooks error 176103?
Whenever a customer goes online and buys a product or service, they are required to provide their personal information, physical address, and credit card details including Card number, expiration date, and validation code. In case, any of this given info is incorrect, the payment is automatically rejected. Several merchant sites may save the information on the database (except the validation code) to make the entire process easier for customers so that they don’t have to encounter any trouble making transactions in the future.
The validation code is an important piece of data that can prevent cyber thieves from misusing the card of any individual to make fraudulent online transactions. So, if the customers are aware of his validation code then QuickBooks error 176103 won’t hamper your workflow.
How does QuickBooks POS work?
QuickBooks Point of Sale keeps track of the exact sales and incoming inventory. This way, you can adjust your business operation so that you’re able to have enough stock and restock as per the market demand. The system will not only notify you if a certain item is about to sell out but it can also generate a purchase order automatically when you are subscribed to either the Pro or Multi-store plan.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support