About QuickBooks Error 5
|Error Code:||Error 5||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||An Unexpected Error Occurs “Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: Contractor 16.0”: V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335, C=249, V=0 (0))||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Failed/Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Software., Failed to run the application at its normal pace by a system or by the component.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Delete & Recreate Quickbooks Company File User, Use Re-Image Repair Tool to Scan the Computer.|
QuickBooks Error 5 is an unexpected error mostly experienced when the QuickBooks database service user’s access to the file location is restricted. You may receive an error notification “Got unexpected error 5 is a call to NetShareGetInfo for Path” appears when this problem arises. This error is caused by erroneous entries in the Windows registry or by the system not being configured properly.
To know more about this error or look for quick solutions then you’re landed on the right page as it covers all possible methods to amend QuickBooks unexpected error 5 with ease. To continue reading this post carefully till the end to get this error resolved by implementing suitable methods that are discussed in this blog post.
What is QuickBooks Error 5 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks Error 5 usually pops up in QuickBooks when the user doesn’t have any access to a company file location. Netsharegetinfo usually causes wrong configured settings in the system or windows registry invalid entries. When the user faces this error, the user won’t be able to make use of QuickBooks and comes to abortion of work. It is very important that you take the resolution method and continue working with your QuickBooks
Users might get the error message in the popup window with the warnings & Messages like;
Possible Causes and Reasons for QuickBooks Error 5
If you’re receiving an error around QuickBooks error code 5, the most likely causes are:
- Failed/Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Software.
- Failed to run the application at its normal pace by a system or by the component.
- Delete registry entry or entry file.
- Windows registry invalid entry.
- Power failure due to system shutdown.
- Malware or Virus attacked your software.
- System Operation malfunction
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 5?
Procedures that may resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 which we have listed below:
- Use Re-Image Repair Tool to Scan the Computer
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Delete & Recreate Quickbooks Company File User
- Provide File Share Access
- Turning off the User Account Control (UAC) in windows
- Update your QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop
There are several improvements to this QuickBooks error code 5. Try this to make sure all options are tried:
1. Method One: Use Re-Image Repair Tool to Scan the Computer
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor. This can be helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 5
- Use the link to Download Reimage Tool.
- Now, save the file to access it.
- To save the repair tool on the desktop, right-click on it.
- Now, go to the file location, double-click on it, and save it.
- Once the download finishes, it will start the installation procedure.
- On the UAC pop-up screen, click on yes and continue to run the program.
- Now, you will see a welcome screen on the launch.
- Click on Install to initiate the installation procedure.
- It will get installed in your system.
- You need to have an internet connection to download the necessary update.
- Once, updates are downloaded, it will automatically start the necessary health checkups.
- You will see a preliminary scan of your computer.
- Now, select start repair.
- Once, reimage is complete, the issue will be fixed.
- Now, restart your computer and then complete the tool process.
2. Method Two: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Steps to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you use QuickBooks File Doctor, it can be a good option to resolve the issue.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor onto your PC.
- You will automatically set permission to files and folders at every level and there is a proper hosting setup on the computer.
- Give full control to the user in your computer settings.
- Once you are done with the above procedural steps, you will get direct access to the file location in QuickBooks.
3. Method Three: Delete & Recreate Quickbooks Company File User
A. Step One: How to Delete The User
To delete an existing user you just need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Just open your quickbooks desktop first then navigate to the company tab to choose the users.
- Now, click on the option “set up users and roles”
- Now, navigate to the user list section, pick the user which you want to delete & hit the delete button.
- Now click on the confirmation button which is named “Yes”.
B. Step Two: How to Recreate The User
If you have succeeded in the deletion process, Now you need to follow the mentioned below steps to recreate the user.
- Just navigate to the “Users & Roles” page and select the “new’ Option
- Now enter the user details in the empty section to set the username.
- Now, Make sure to create a strong password with the option you are seeing on your screen & confirm it.
- Last, set the user roles from the options available & then press the Ok button
4. Method Four: Provide File Share Access
To share the file access, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Just open the file explorer & give a right click on the folder where the company file is saved.
- Once you have the options to choose, look for the properties section >> Click on Sharing Tab.
- After this task is done, choose full or partial sharing based upon your business requirements.
- At last, Click on Apply button & Ok
Method 5: Turning off the User Account Control (UAC) in windows
Steps to turn off the user account control through windows
- Initially, open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- Next, type the Control Panel in the open search box and then click “Ok”
- Now, select the “User Accounts” >>> “User Accounts (Classic View)”
- After that, choose the option “Change user account control settings”
- It should be noted that if you’re prompted by UAC then you have to select “Yes” to proceed further
- Once done with that then move the slider
- You have to set it to “Never Notify” and select the “Ok” button to “Turn Off UAC”
- Set to “Always Notify” and then select “Ok” to “Turn On UAC” (Click “Yes” to continue, if prompted)
- Finally, you have to restart your PC.
Method 6: Update your QuickBooks Point of Sale
If none of the above methods work then you’re suggested to update your QB POS in order to resolve the error. You can do this by setting up automatic updates.
Let’s see here the steps to do so:
- In the beginning, sign in to your QuickBooks Point of Sale system as an Administrator
- After that, go to the Help menu and look for software update and select “Updater Preference”
- Along with that, you have to select the “General” tab
- Next, select the option called “automatically download updates”
- Now, choose “Notify me” in order to get the notification related to new updates when they’re available
- In the end, click the “Ok” tab to end this process.
Method 7: Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes, reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop may also help you in rectifying your QB unexpected error 5.
Here are the steps to reinstall:
- First, press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard in order to open the Run window
- In the next step, type appwiz.cpl and then hit the “Ok” button
- Perform double-click on the QuickBooks and then implement instructions that display on your window screen
- With this, the application will remove completely as well as its features from your Windows
- Now, go to the Intuit official website and visit the QuickBooks Desktop Download page
- Look for the download link and once you find just click on the link
- Next, choose an appropriate product and version then click on “Search”
- It will search for the correct version that you’re looking for
- After that, click “Download” to start the downloading
- Once the downloading is successfully done then open the setup file from the downloads of your system
- In the last step, you have to carefully perform the on-screen instructions to install the application without any error.
Our Assistance comprises various technical channels though which you can you can contact us without any delay. Call us on 24/7 available Toll-Free Number ✆; or connect with us through Live Chat Support to get all the issues rectified and corrected. You can send us email on our official email address info@localhost; and our team will revert you with answer.
How can I fix the QuickBooks error 5 automatically?
To fix this error, you need to delete the user and then re-create the user. Download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool. You can also resolve this error by installing the reimage repair tool. Run the tool, it will automatically detect and correct the errors.
How would I know which solution is suitable to resolve my QuickBooks Error 5?
Before trying to resolve this error, the user needs to know about all possible causes. Then find the specific reason why it appears on your system while working with QuickBooks. Once you know the reason, then pick the suitable solution from the multiple-choice.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 5?
If you receive the messages around the QuickBooks error code 5, the causes might be interruption between the workstation and the company file which usually appears due to improper network connectivity. Damaged company data file or network data file is also the major reason behind this error. You can’t resolve this if you work in multi-user mode. Before trying to fix it, switch to the single-user mode.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support