The QuickBooks Payroll Full Service or Intuit Full Service Payroll offers its users with ample features to use or handwrite their paychecks. It is also possible to print checks and pay stubs for your contractors and employees with the site. If you are having trouble viewing the forms or paychecks, then it may be because of the fact that they are not visible when you try to view them. In this article, you will get to know about the troubleshooting steps that may turn out to be helpful in fixing the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs
QuickBooks is a business software that helps businesses manage their finances and accounting. It includes features like tracking bills, expenses, and income; preparing statements and invoices; tracking employee hours and earnings, and forecasting the financial future. However, you may experience certain errors while working on it such as the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs.
One of the top problems faced by small business owners is that they have experienced an error in their QuickBooks paychecks, forms, or pay stubs which they often don’t know how to fix.
However, the following steps work out great for the QuickBooks Payroll. Follow this complete article till the very end for detailed instructions on how to resolve errors while printing a paycheck in your QuickBooks application.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs to occur?
If you are receiving an error when printing your paycheck, form, or pay stub in the QuickBooks application, then here are a few potential reasons responsible for it:
- One of your account files may not be linked to the printer. Link your account file to the printer before trying to print.
- One of your accounts may not have been set up to print automatically. See Setting Up Print Jobs in QuickBooks for instructions on setting up automatic printing for specific types of accounts.
- One or more forms may be missing from your document set. Try printing without any forms and see whether that resolves the issue. If not, try printing with a different form set and see whether that works.
- One or more fields on one of your forms may be empty. Double-check the form fields to make sure they are filled out correctly and click OK if they are.
How To Prevent the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs?
When you’re preparing your paychecks, forms, or pay stubs in QuickBooks, be sure to double-check the spelling and capitalization of your entries. If you make a mistake, you can prevent the paychecks from being processed or your forms from being accepted. Here are four tips for avoiding QuickBooks paycheck printing errors:
- Use the correct spellings and capitalization for your entries.
- Check your entries against the definitions in the QuickBooks help file.
- Make sure that all the required fields have been filled out appropriately.
- Use electronic copies of original documents when preparing your payroll.
Resolution methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms and Pay Stubs.
1. Clearing out the cookies and temporary Internet files to resolve QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs.
If you are one of the Google Chrome users, then make use of the following steps to resolve out Print Paycheck Error in QuickBooks:
- First and foremost, head to Chrome’s search bar and then fill (chrome://settings/clearBrowserData) in the space provided.
- After that, you will see that the Clear browsing data window appears on your computer screen. Within that window, you need to click on the option named Advanced.
- Having done the above step, you are supposed to pick out the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Next, you need to select the All-Time option and click on Clear Data whenever asked about the time range.
- Last but not least, you have to exit from all the Browser windows and open them once again.
Make use of the steps to delete all the cookies and temporary files for those working on the Firefox web browser:
- First of all, you need to access Firefox by making a click on its icon on your computer desktop.
- After that, you need to click on the Settings icon located at the top right corner of the Window.
- Once done, you need to choose the Privacy option and head on to the General tab.
- After that, continue to scroll down and look for the Cookies and Site Data.
- Once done, you need to make a click on Clear Data along with the check-mark, cookies and Sites, and the Cached Web Content as well.
- The final step is to tap on the Clear button to successfully delete all the cookies and the temporary files from the Firefox.
However, if you are working on Internet Explorer, then you need to follow the instructions that are mentioned below:
- To begin with, you should head on to the Tools tab and choose the Delete browsing history option after you hit the Safety button.
- Once done with the above step, you need to unselect the option named Preserve Favorites website data, and then choose the data that has to be deleted that is named Temporary Internet files and website data along with Cookies and website data respectively.
- After that, you need to hit the Delete button and you will find a confirmation message appearing at the bottom of your system windows when the process completes.
- In the last step, you simply need to exit from all the browser windows and open the browser once again.
When using Safari 6 and 7, follow the approach mentioned below:
- First, you need to go to Safari and then pick out the Preferences option after that.
- Then, you need to look at the top of your window screen. You will find the Advanced tab, hit a click on it.
- After that, within the Advanced tab choose the option named Show Develop menu from the menu bar.
- Once done, you are required to select the Develop option and visit Empty Caches.
- Lastly, exit from all the currently open windows, restart the browser, go to the sign-in page for the QuickBooks application and try again.
While working on Safari 8, make use of the steps provided below:
- To begin with, from the History menu, choose the option named Clear History and website data.
- After that, you need to look for the time frame of all search history in the menu that drops down. This way you will be able to delete all the history, cookies, and other website data.
- Again, you must exit from all the currently open windows on your Safari. And then, you should start the browser again and head to the sign-in page of your QuickBooks application.
Having performed all the steps provided above, check if the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs, still persists. If it does, try other ways that are mentioned below.
2. Check if the Adobe PDF Reader is installed on the Computer system and has been Set as Default as well.
Installation of the Adobe Acrobat Reader if it has yet not been installed on your computer system:
- First of all, you need to open the internet browser and head on to the download page of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Once done, make a click on the Install Now button and then choose the right version of the Windows from the list that drops down.
- Now you need to click on the Run command after the update file is completely downloaded.
- The last step is to hit the Finish button after the installation process gets over.
Steps to Set up the Adobe PDF Reader as the default viewer for resolving the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs
While working with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1:
- Start with heading on to the Windows Start menu and then choose the Control Panel.
- After that, open the Programs tab, and search for the option named Set default programs.
- Once done, you need to look for Adobe Reader or any other PDF Viewer in the Programs tab.
- To make it the default program, you need to choose the required program and click on Set this program as default option.
While working with Windows 10:
- First, you have to visit the Windows Start menu and make a click on the settings icon.
- Then, click on Apps and from the left side and pick out the option named Default apps.
- After that, you need to scroll down and look for .pdf and then choose its default program.
- Once done, you need to look for Adobe Reader or any other PDF Viewer in the Programs tab.
- Finally, you just need to choose the Switch anyway option and try to print it again to check if the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms and Pay Stubs is resolved or not.
3. Try and change the Page Scaling if the Error is encountered while Printing Forms in QuickBooks Payroll.
You may have a grievance with the scaling of the page, which leads to printing forms or paychecks being off-centered. Using the accompanying instructions below can lead to more presentable printing, so you need to make sure that you take care of them all.
- First of all, you will find a Print window appearing on your computer screen once you make click on the Print command.
- After that, you need to choose the option named Shrink to Printable Area which is located next to the drop-down arrow of page scaling under the page handling menu.
- In the last step, make sure to hit a click on the OK button.
Then you need to add Intuit as a trusted site for your web browser
Steps for adding Intuit into the Safari:
- The first and foremost step is to access Safari on your device, and then type intuit.com into the space provided in the search bar.
- After getting the above step done you need to press the Enter key.
- Now, you need to choose Bookmarks and then click on Add Bookmark after that.
- Finally, you need to click on Add in the drop-down menu that is located under Add this page to select Top Sites.
How to add Intuit as a trusted site when Google Chrome is set as your default web browser?
- To begin with, go to Google Chrome, click on Customize and Control and pick out the Settings option.
- Now, you are supposed to scroll to the bottom of the screen and then click on the Advanced option.
- After that, head on to the section named Privacy and Security and choose Site Settings.
- Once done, hit a click on the Cookies option and then pick out the option named Add from the Allow section.
- Finally, you need to enter intuit.com in the space provided and click on Add to Save.
4. Saving the QuickBooks forms to the desktop if the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs.
Try these troubleshooting steps if you can view the form but you are not able to print it. Saving forms to your desktop and printing from there is better in this case.
This article is a complete guide on how to fix QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs including its basic description, preliminary causes, and the related troubleshooting steps. To successfully resolve this error in the QuickBooks application, you simply need to follow the provided resolution methods in a sequential manner. However, if the troubleshooting process fails, do not hesitate to reach out to the QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk Team experts who are always there to help you out with the best possible assistance and have a good experience in handling such errors and their associated problems.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Will the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms, and Pay Stubs stop my paycheck from being processed?
If you are receiving an error when printing your paycheck in Quickbooks, then it is likely that your payroll processing has been interrupted. However, if you’re still getting paid even though the error appears, then there’s a good chance that your bank or payment processor is just waiting for the issue to be corrected before processing your check. In the meantime, don’t worry the error will eventually correct itself.
What are some tips to sort the problems caused due to printing paychecks to resolve the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms and Pay Stubs?
If you’re having problems printing paychecks or forms in QuickBooks, here are a few tips to get you sorted out:
1. Make sure that the printer is correctly set up in your office and connected to the network.
2. Try different print options, such as borderless printing or using different paper sizes.
3. Make sure that the correct documents are loaded in QuickBooks.
4. Check your computer’s font settings – some fonts might not print correctly if they’re not set up properly on your computer.
What are some ways to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms and Pay Stubs?
For troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error Printing Paychecks, Forms and Pay Stubs, you need to proceed in the following manner.
1. First, you need to delete all the trash and temporary files from your system.
2. After that, ensure to set up Adobe Reader as the default PDF viewer.
3. Once done, try to change the Page Scaling.
4. Intuit must be a trusted site on your web browser.
5. Finally, save QuickBooks forms to the desktop.