Every time, it happens when you install or use a new/different printer with QuickBooks. When printing from QuickBooks Desktop, the default setting on the printer appears to be double-sided, and the option to deselect double-sided does not display. Many printers can print on both sides of the paper automatically. Automatic duplex printing, also known as printing on both sides of the paper, is becoming a more common printer feature. Users must disable duplex printing in print settings if a printer always prints double-sided.
Moreover, duplex print options can be found in a variety of print configuration windows, tabs, and menus, so users may need to select more than one duplex print option to ensure that their printers don’t constantly print double-sided. Two-sided printing is great in theory, because it uses less paper for multi-page documents. It’s also frustrating when you forget to turn the option off when you don’t need it. Stay tuned with this article to get aware of the ways to overcome this printing issue.
You are not alone if you find it annoying when QuickBooks’ default double-sided error occurs on your printer. There are several steps you can take to address this common issue, which can disrupt your workflow and waste time. The best fixes for the QuickBooks double-sided error are covered in this article, allowing you to print your critical documents without interruption as soon as possible.
Why does my printer print two sides?
When you try to install or use a new or different printer with QuickBooks, one type of problem most of the time arises because the printer’s default setting appears to be for printing both sides of the page. When you try to print from QuickBooks Desktop, the choice of deselecting double sided is not visible. Automated duplex printing is available on many printers. Duplex printing is another name for automatically printing on both sides of the paper. Compared to other types of printers, duplex printing is gaining popularity.
You may need to select multiple duplex print options from a variety of print option settings windows, tabs, and menus if you want to prevent your printers from printing double-sided error. When trying to create documents with multiple pages, printing on both sides of a page theoretically saves paper. At the point when you select to deactivate the choice then you can’t utilize it. Check the print settings and make sure duplex printing is off if your printer continues to print on both sides of the page.
Options for duplex printing can be found in a variety of print setting windows, tabs, and menus. To prevent their printers from printing on both sides all the time, users may need to configure more than one duplex print option. Errors & system problems are typically caused by outdated drivers.
Possible causes of Printing keeps defaulting to double-sided
Some of the causes of printing errors in QuickBooks include the following:
- The problem comes when the printer’s paper tray is empty.
- In case, the printer is not turned on then, this problem can occur.
- The printer is inactivated and switched off which is the reason for this error.
- The most impact full cause is default printer is continuously Changing.
- The printer is not installed properly.
- Your QuickBooks application was incorrect re-installation.
- Most important you must be login as an administrator when you want to print.
Important Points Before Working on the Printing Issue:
It is important that you keep the following things in mind prior to beginning the process of resolving the issue with your printing:
- Your QuickBooks should be refreshed to the latest Rendition Which is Accessible.
- In case you are unable to resolve the issue then you should speak with our technical support staff about any specific printing error messages
- Make sure your printer and system are connected. Your PC should be connected to the Printer, and the Printer Programming ought to be Accurately introduced.
How to Overcome “Printing keeps defaulting to double-sided while using QuickBooks”?
There are many ways that are discussed below:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Turn off the Printer’s Default Duplex Printing Option
1. Make sure the printer’s print preferences window has the default duplex printing option turned off
2. In Windows 10, go to the Settings button in the Start menu to do so
3. Open a Bluetooth & other devices tab by clicking Devices, then clicking on it
4. To access the Control Panel window, click Devices and printers
5. Select the Printing options option from the context menu when you right-click the default printer
6. This will reveal the printer’s settings box
7. Then, on one of those window’s tabs, seek for a two-sided duplex printing option
8. The two-sided printing option may be available in the printing settings window’s Page Layout or Advanced tabs.
Deselect Duplex Printing in the Print Settings of the third-party software
Many third-party programs have a two-sided printing option in their printing options. For example, Google Chrome has a Two-sided option.
For printers that allow duplex printing, Word has a Print on Both Sides option under Settings. To ensure that their printers do not print double-sided, users must additionally disable the duplex printing setting inside the program they print from.
Deselect the Duplex Printing on the Printer’s Menu Screen
Furthermore, many printers come with their own menu panels that are fully independent of Windows. Some users may need to use the menu screens on their printers to disable duplex printing option.
Look for the two-sided print options under the general or ECO settings menus on the menu screen.
How to stop Two-Sided Printing from being the Default in macOS
Step 1: Enable the CPUs Browser Interface
CUPS, an open-source printing system created by Apple, manages printing on macOS. A browser-based interface is available for changing CUPS settings, however, it is by default disabled. To do so, go to Applications > Utilities and open the Terminal. Run the following commands at the terminal:
Sudo Cupsctl WebInterface=Yes
The first term in this command, sudo, gives it administrative privileges. The second word, cupsctl, is the name of the command that allows you to alter the settings of CUPS. WebInterface=yes, the third term, instructs the command to enable the web interface.
Step 2: In your browser, go to the CUPS Settings page.
Next, open your preferred web browser and go to http://localhost:631. If clicking that link doesn’t work, copy and paste the URL. If everything goes well, you’ll be taken to the CUPS settings home page. You’re using a browser to access this, but the page isn’t online: everything you see is on your computer.
Step 3: Open CPU Settings in your Browser
Next, open your preferred web browser and navigate to http://localhost:631. It should work if you click that link, but if it doesn’t, copy and paste the URL. If everything goes well, you’ll be redirected to the CUPS settings home page. You’re using a browser to visit this website, but it’s not online: everything you’re seeing is on your computer.
Enter the credentials you use to log onto your Mac when prompted for a username and password.
Step 4: Find the Two-Side Printing Option and change it.
Go to the “Printers” section of the CUPS settings, where you’ll find a list of printers. You’ll be transported to the printer’s setup page after clicking the printer for which you want to alter settings.
- Select “Administration” from the dropdown menu
- Click “Set Default Options” in the list that appears
- You’re directed to a page with a series of dropdown menus that adjust various default settings
- “2-Sided Printing” is the one you’re looking for
- Select “Off (1-Sided)” from the dropdown menu after clicking it
- Save your changes by clicking the “Set Default Options” button
- And that’s it! You can now close your browser
- Simply print any document to see how the changes affect it. You’ll notice that two-sided printing isn’t enabled by default anymore.
How can I manually disable double-sided printing?
Step 1: Make Sure the Default Duplex Printing Option Is Off in the Printer’s Print Preferences Window First, turn off the Default Duplex Printing option.
- To do that in Windows 10, click the Beginning menu’s Settings button.
- Open the Bluetooth & Other Devices tab by clicking Devices.
- To open the Control Panel window depicted in the image directly below, select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the default printer and select the Printing inclinations choice, which will open the printer’s settings window.
- On one of that window’s tabs, look for a two-sided duplex printing option. The two-sided printing option might be available under the Page Layout or Advanced tabs of the printing preferences window.
If Bluetooth settings are missing from Windows 10, don’t worry—we’ve got some quick fixes for you.
Step 2: Disable Double-sided printing on MS documents.
- Choose Word to open the file you want to print.
- Next, select Print from the File menu.
- Assuming there are more gadgets, ensure you select the printer that continues to print Double sided starting from the drop menu.
- Now, open the Duplicates and Pages segment and select Design.
Step 3: In the Print Settings of the Third-Party Software, deselect Duplex Printing:
- In addition, many third-party software’s printing settings include a two-sided print option. For instance, the Two-sided option can be found in Google Chrome.
- Under Settings, Word offers a Print on Both Sides option for printers that support duplex printing. In this way, clients additionally need to deselect the duplex printing setting inside the product they print from to guarantee their printers don’t print Double sided.
Step 4: Deselect Duplex Imprinting on the Printer’s Menu Screen:
- In addition, many printers come with their very own menu screens, which are completely independent of Windows.
- Duplex printing may also need to be disabled on some users’ printer menu screens.
- On the general or ECO (Environmental) settings menus of the menu screen, look for the two-sided print options.
Step 5: Verify that the printer driver matches to the manufacturer of your printer:
- Finally, expand the Print Queues section in the Device Manager.
- Select the printer that defaults to Double sided and ensure it matches your authority producer’s drivers.
- While you’re at it, double check to see that the appropriate driver is up to date as well.
A lot of trouble can be caused by using the wrong driver or installing the wrong version of drivers. If your printer continues to print double sided, it is possible that an alternate driver is installed, hence thus making this setting to switch on by itself.
We hope that the options listed above are helpful. Follow all the instructions for your Windows version with care. If you continue to have problems, please contact our support team. Our professionals will assist you in resolving the problem.
It’s a no-brainer to print double-sided. You save energy and money by reducing the amount of paper used by your printer. Additionally, you’ll only have to carry half the weight if you’re printing a large project. But many times, you don’t require such a printing feature and in that case, you might require configuring the printer settings as per your requirements. For the same, there are multiple ways to fix it and it is hoped that the above-suggested ways will be helpful. Thus, carefully carry out all the steps very carefully for your Windows version.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change from double-sided printing to single on the library printers?
All print jobs are set to print on both sides of the paper by default (Double-sided).
To print one side at a time, follow these steps:
1. Open your program’s “Print” or “Print Setup” menu (usually found under the File menu)
2. As the printer, choose either “MSEPrint on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu” or “MSE Color on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu.”
3. Choose one-sided or single-sided printing under “Options” or “Finishing.”
How to set your system to default to the “Double-sided” printing option?
You simply have to follow the below suggested seven steps to do so:
1. Click the Start menu and then go to the Control Panel
2. Choose the “Printers and Faxes” option
3. Do right-click on the primary printer
4. After that, move to the Printing Preferences
5. And then go to the “Finishing” tab
6. Once done then check the option “Print on both sides”
7. In the end, hit the “Apply” button to set it as the default.
What are the steps involved in printing Double-Sided for an individual job on Windows 11?
Use this method to print on both sides of the paper in a single print job:-
1. To begin, open a compatible app and open the document you wish to print (for example, If you wish to print a WordPad document, open it in the WordPad app)
2. To open the print window in WordPad, press Ctrl + P
3. In most apps, choose File >>> Print from the menu bar to open this window
4. A “Print” window will appear on your screen
5. Pick your printer and then select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu
6. Enable the “Duplex Printing (Manual)” option in the “Printing Preferences” window that appears
7. Then click “OK” at the bottom of the window
8. You’re back in the “Print” window now
9. To print your document on both sides of the paper, click “Apply” and then “Print.”
How do you modify your Mac printer’s settings so that you don’t print on both sides?
On a Mac, alter the duplex printing settings Change Copies & Pages to Layout by selecting the third pull-down menu on the Print dialog window. You can select whether to disable duplex printing and which direction it prints in from the Layout dialog box.
How can I stop my Epson printer from printing two sides at once?
Deselect the Auto checkbox to manually print your double-sided print job by printing one side and flipping the paper over for paper types that do not support automatic duplexing.
How do I stop QuickBooks from printing on both sides?
1. When printing voucher checks, erase the double-sided printing.
2. Please take the following actions to enable the Automatic Update feature:
3. Go to Help.
4. Choose the QuickBooks Desktop Update option.
5. Choose Options.
6. In the Automatic Update section, choose Yes from the radio buttons.
a button marked “Save and Close.”
How do I set my printer to print on one side by default?
Users of PCs printing to the computer lab should select 1-sided under Print Type in the Printer Properties section of the Layout tab of the print dialog box.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support