Remove Restrictions from QuickBooks Accountants Copy can make it easier for the accountant to make the kind of required changes as and when required. For this, it is necessary to remove the restrictions and then do the changes after an accountant copy has been made. This is necessary, as the accountant is restricted from making any changes once, the dividing date has crossed. As you know, the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks is a lower version that can fulfill all the necessities of the accountant. So, how do you remove the restrictions from the Accountant’s copy? Well, read on to find out more:
What to Keep In Mind Before Removing Restrictions From the Accountant’s Copy
Here are a few things that you need to bear in mind before you remove the restrictions from the Accountant’s copy:
- Once the restrictions have been removed, the changes that are done over the Accountant’s copy cannot be imported into the COMPANY FILE OF QUICKBOOKS
- The process of removal of restrictions is irreversible in the Accountant’s copy.
The Main Reasons For the Removal of the Restrictions From the Accountant’s Copy In QuickBooks
The reasons for taking this action can be wide and various. Some of the most important ones are:
- When the accountant needs to work your file without having restrictions on the transactions.
- To be able to take care of certain changes that occur before the dividing date, you need to get it done on the time.
- Certain non-posting documents cannot be modified before the dividend date, hence you need to remove the restrictions. These documents include Purchase orders, estimates, and sales orders.
The Steps you need to take care of When Creating Accountant’s Copy before the Removal of the Restrictions of the accountant’s Copy
To work on your transactions, it is the Accountant’s copy that is most preferred and recommended. As the Accountant can work on the previous fiscal period of transactions. The changes need to be imported from the Accountant’s copy over to the QuickBooks Company file for this.
However, as mentioned earlier, one needs to first create an Accountant’s copy to remove the restrictions from it.
So, below are the steps one needs to follow to create the Accountant’s copy in the QB account:
- Launch the QB software on your system.
- Click on the FILE MENU option
- Next, select the SEND COMPANY FILE
- Select the ACCOUNTANT’S COPY OPTION
- Now, go to CLIENT ACTIVITIES
- Here, you need to save the file. This is done by clicking on the SAVE FILE option.
- Now, select the LOCATION to SAVE the file.
- Now, set the DIVIDEND DATE before so, that this change cannot be done later on.
To Remove The Restrictions from The Accountant’s File
Now, you need to remove the restrictions from the Accountant’s file. For this you will need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the FILE MENU option in the QuickBooks
- Next, you need to locate the SEND COMPANY FILE option from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Accountant’s copy
- Next, click on the Client Activities option
- Select the remove Restrictions option
- Now, you will get a box stating ‘I WANT TO REMOVE THE ACCOUNTANT’S COPY RESTRICTIONS’.
- Now, click on the YES option to confirm the process.
- Finally, click on the OK option to complete the process.
To Convert The Accountant’s Copy into A Regular File After The Restrictions Have Been Removed From The Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks
Next, the vital step is to be able to convert the Accountant’s copy into a Regular file, once the Restrictions have been removed. This can be done in the following ways:
- Firstly the user needs to open the ACCOUNTANT’S COPY
- Next, you need to create a BACKUP OF THE FILE
- Click on the File Menu options in the QuickBooks
- Select the SEND COMPANY FILE option.
- Now click on the ACCOUNTANT’S COPY option
- Here you will locate an option called CONVERT ACCOUNTANT’S COPY TO COMPANY FILE/QBW.
- Now, select the OK option that will emerge from the conversion confirmations
- Next, you need to SAVE the QBW files and select the FOLDER where you need to do so.
- Finally, click on the SAVE option and later click on the OK option.
Steps to Import The Accountant Changes Once The Restrictions Have Been Removed From The Accountant’s Copy in The QB After The Changes Have Been Finalised
Once you have finally made the required changes, it is time to import the accountant’s changes. This is done after the restrictions have been removed from the accountant’s copy. For this, you will need to follow the below steps:
- You need to back up the files before you get over to the further steps.
- It is required to turn OFF the advanced inventory if you have QUICKBOOKS enterprises.
- Click on the FILE MENU option in case you are following the QB desktop version.
- Now, click on the SEND COMPANY FILE option
- Select the ACCOUNTANT’S COPY
- Now, click on the CLIENT ACTIVITIES
- Check if you have an Accountant changes file that has been sent by your accountant.
- Next, you need to click on the IMPORT ACCOUNTANT CHANGES option
- Next, browse and locate the file in your system
- This file will be denoted by (.qby) extn
- Finally, you are done.
To Review The Changes Accomplished by The Accountant Once The Restrictions Are Removed From The Accountant’s Copy in QB
Have you made the right changes and are they final? So, how are you going to review the same? Well, here are a few steps to do so:
- Start by IMPORT THE CHANGES
- Click on the option INCORPORATE ACCOUNTANT’S changes
- If these changes are not required, you can simply click on the CLOSE button.
- To confirm the changes you need to click on the OK option and close the window.
- Close the window once again by selecting the OK option.
- Now, another backup file has been created by QB of your COMPANY DATA FILE.
These are some of the vital steps on how to remove restrictions from QB accounts copy. QB offers some of the most sorted-out solutions for the various accounting requirements that can be accomplished in a breeze.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support