Do you need to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop on your system?
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Deletes QuickBooks program files left after uninstallation and Remove QuickBooks from the Windows Registry.
When you uninstall software, the registry keys left on your software can conflict with the reinstallation. So a clean install can help you to avoid any such problems.
Steps to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
Before you use the tool, you need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from your windows so that all program files are deleted before you clear Quickbooks from the registry.
Note that, while uninstalling QuickBooks does not delete your company file, creating a backup of your company file is still highly recommended so that you can recover your data if anything goes wrong.
Let’s begin with the uninstallation. To uninstall Quickbooks Desktop:
- Go to the start menu and click on the control panel.
- Click on programs and features, then uninstall a program.
- Choose QuickBooks from the provided list of programs.
- Right-click on QuickBooks desktop and choose to uninstall/change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall QuickBooks and click on finish once the process is over.
Restart your system so that the files currently in use can be cleared. Log in once again to an admin account so that you can install the QuickBooks tool hub which contains the clean install tool.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Now that you’re ready, you can go to the link in the description below to download the setup for the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Double-click on the Downloaded Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Click on Finish after the installation ends.
- Launch the QuickBooks tool hub and choose installation issues.
- Click on continue.
- Choose Ok when the following message appears: “please install your copy of Quickbooks to the default location”.
The tool will clear all the registry keys of QuickBooks from the windows operating system.
Steps to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop
Now it’s time to install a Fresh Copy of QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
- First, you have to download the setup for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Again, go to the description to find the download link for the setup for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you need to choose the correct version and edition of the software.
- After downloading the setup, launch it and accept the terms and conditions.
- Simply proceed with the onscreen instructions and to continue with the installation.
- Enter your product and license numbers required to activate the accounting software and click on next.
- Choose one of the two options provided below:
- Express install
- Custom and network install
Choose Between Express and Network Install
- Express Install → Host Software and Data Locally
If you want to install the software locally on your system, then choose express install.
- Custom and Network Install → Enable Multi-user Mode
But If you want to install the software on a separate server to enable a multi-user network, then you must choose Custom and Network install.
Steps for Express Install
- If you chose Express Install, then click on next.
- Choose install and select the option to open QuickBooks when the installation completes.
Steps for Custom and Network Install
- If you chose Custom and Network Install, then click on Next.
- Choose additional options to configure the accounting software as per your personal requirements.
- Click on Change the Install Location.
- Click on Browse, then choose the directory that you want to install the software in.
- Click on Next, then Open QuickBooks.
The custom and network install also loads the Database Server Manager, which enables you to create a multi-user network by tracking and syncing changes made to any configured company file.
Users can activate the software after installing it on their system.
- Go back to your Intuit account and check for the products that you have purchased in the past.
- Then simply choose the edition of QuickBooks that you are reinstalling
- And note down the product and license numbers required to activate the product.
If you purchased the software from a third party vendor, then you can contact them or find the product and license number on the CD/DVD cover for the installation disc.
To activate the software after installing it, follow these steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify the information by providing additional details.
You’ll get a confirmation message when the software has been activated successfully.
If you found this video helpful, then hit the like button and subscribe to our channel for more such videos.
And visit our website for more helpful tips about using QuickBooks. The link is in the description below.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support