There is a functionality in QuickBooks where the owner can reactivate inactive customers with whom they have stopped doing business. You just will have to mark the customer as inactive in QuickBooks. But these customers’ information will not be completely removed from QuickBooks. You will be able to access their previous activity with your business in reports with transaction-wise details.
The deleted word will be mentioned against the name of the customer if you would want to see the previous activities or transactions relating to them. But sometimes as it happens, we as a business start the business activities with deleted customers again, in these cases, you will have to reactivate the inactive customers in QuickBooks to record any business-related activity with them.
The process to Reactivate Inactive Customers in QuickBooks
For reactivating the inactive customers with whom you as an owner have started business again, you can follow the below process steps preferably in the same order to avoid any confusion or error.
- First of all, you need to open QuickBooks on your computer.
- In this step, you need to click on sales or you can also click on invoicing from the left menu.
- Now choose customers at the top menu, and at the top of the list of customers, you need to click on customer settings (small gear icon).
- After clicking on customer settings, you need to click on include inactive, this will result in showing inactive customers in the list as well.
- Now you need to click the customers that you wish to reactivate, you will note the (deleted) mentioned against their name.
- You just need to click on the “Make active” button to reactivate the customers and start recording the business activities with them.
Steps for Making Customers Inactive in QuickBooks
If you want to make some customers inactive because you do not foresee any immediate business activities with them, then you can follow the below process steps for the same, as mentioned earlier, you need not worry because their complete information will not be deleted. All their previous business transactions and history will be there in the report, the only change will be that (deleted) would be mentioned against their name.
- At an initial step, open QuickBooks on your computer.
- And then, you need to go to sales and click on customers.
- Now you need to find the customer that you wish to make inactive.
- After finding the customer, select “Make inactive” in the Action column against the customer.
- Now at the last, you will need to click on Yes to confirm the requestor your action.
In this way, you can make customers inactive and reactivate them again. Hopefully, these steps will help you in completing your task of making employees active or inactive and reactivate again as you wish.
But don’t hesitate to reach out for any technical worries, Chat with our experts for easy solutions.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support