QuickBooks business management software is well-designed to manage the complex accounting of small and medium-sized industries. The software has advanced features and tools that help run the business hassle-free. Out of the numerous features combining the reports from two or more company files is one of them.
In case you need to merge two or more company files with data stored in separate QuickBooks files. Certain QuickBooks versions have a built-in feature designed fro carrying out the specific task of merging the files. With merging the reports from multiple companies feature you are authorized to create reports including the balance sheets, profit and loss, statements of cash flows and more. Further the data combination is exported as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file.
Here are the Steps to Merge Company Data Files Into one.
Combining reports from two different company files allows you to merge different financial statements into a single file that you can later export in the form of an Excel worksheet. Currently, combining reports is only available in the Enterprise version of QuickBooks Desktop. If you are using some other version like Pro or Premier, you can take advantage of third-party applications that integrate with QuickBooks to combine reports. You can find such applications on the QuickBooks Desktop App Store.
IMPORTANT: You can use QuickBooks Data Transfer Utility and AccuPOS point of sale to transfer data from two companies.
Steps to Combine QuickBooks Company Files
- Go to QuickBooks application.
- Launch & open a QuickBooks company file that you need to merge.
- Click on Reports by going to the main menu.
- Choose Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
- Click on Add Files option -> Locate the second company file -> Select it -> Click the Open option.
- Select the correct reports for which you want to see combined information.
- The saved reports are listed in the Select Reports for Combining section.
- Mention the specific date range you needs to be used in the forms to fields, respectively.
- Click the report that are needed.
- Click Combine Reports in Excel to showcase the merged reports from the two companies in a spreadsheet.
Also Read: How to Merge Customers in QuickBooks
Sending transaction to a different company file in QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale, from the left side menu, click on Financial Center.
- Ensure that your data is recoverable and then select the Retrieve Data option.
- Press continue and select the correct date range.
- Type Yes in the popup box and hit Continue.
- The company’s financial transactions will be sent to an archive.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro & Premier can combine reports submitted by different companies into one.
- Access and manipulate different reports in QuickBooks.
- From the Export toolbar, select Excel Worksheet.
- Save the report on your desktop as an Excel file.
- Follow these steps to export the report of your second company.
- Here’s information on how to convert Quickbooks files to CSV formats.
- Merge Excel’s essential features into Microsoft Excel.
Steps to Combine Reports in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- Click the Reports tab, and then click Combine reports from multiple companies.
- Click Add Files, browse the first company file, and click Open.
- Follow the same process to select the files you want to merge.
- The Select Reports for combining option allows you to choose the reports that you want to join.
- Choose the date range and then select a report basis.
- Click Combine Reports in Excel.
- QuickBooks will open Microsoft Excel with a combined report.
Support Help for QuickBooks Company File Merging
The above steps allow you to Merge two QuickBooks company files. In case you fail to combine the company files or have related to the same connect to QuickBooks support Phone number. You can contact them through the toll free phone number, email support or live chat option.
Alternatively you can call to other QuickBooks agencies that hire proficient QuickBooks experts who assure quick and feasible support for all QuickBooks errors and queries that are reported by the users. They assure quick support and error resolution in a very short time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to merge company files in QuickBooks?
When merging two different company files into one in QuickBooks, there is currently no way to merge the data. You can manually input the data into the company you want to keep.
How do I merge two customers in QuickBooks desktop?
Yes, you can merge two different customers in QuickBooks Desktop.
1. Click the customer’s name of you would like to add or edit their information.
2. Replace the customer name with the one you took note of or copied, then select OK.
3. You will need to enter your credentials to proceed with the merge.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support