Designed with top technology and user-friendly features, QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software among small and medium-sized businesses. Apart from that, the software promotes business growth while also making financial tasks easier. QuickBooks also ensures that emails are sent quickly and smoothly to all parties involved. While email configuration isn’t the newest feature in Intuit’s QuickBooks, it is undoubtedly one of the most useful.
Connecting your email address to your QB account is extremely useful because it allows you to send invoices and receive reports without ever leaving the software. However, it occasionally has problems sending emails. Keeping this in mind, we have with this blog to discuss the Common QuickBooks Email Error which occurs when sending invoices to clients through QB. Stay Tuned Till The End! As we are going to tell you all facts related to email issues in QuickBooks.
What causes QuickBooks Email Problems?
The following are some possible causes which could lead to the same:
- Your email settings are incorrect
- Improper installation of Outlook on Windows
- A.dll file has been corrupted or damage in Outlook email configuration file MAPI32.dll
- QuickBooks is set to run as administrator
- Incorrect email settings in Internet Explorer
- QuickBooks installation that is incorrect or damaged
- Outlook installation that is broken or incorrect
- Improper firewall settings can also be the one of possible reasons for email error in QB.
- Outlook is open in the background while sending email through QuickBooks.
Process of Fixing QuickBooks Email Problems in Easy Way
Method 1: Modify the System Settings
- First, open your QuickBooks Desktop
- To open the Help Window, press the F2 and F3 keys on your keyboard
- Locate the Open File tab, then select the QBW.INI file from the drop-down menu
- Following that, open the file in Notepad and add a new line at the bottom of the text
- After that, double-click on that file and save it
- Make sure to close Notepad after you’ve saved the file
- Lastly, try to re-launch your QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Update the latest release of MS Office 365
- To begin, open your Outlook
- Select Office account from the File tab, then click the About Outlook button
- Verify that the latest build 12527.20242 appears on your system’s screen
- Now, go to Update Options to get the most recent version
- Then, select the option to Update Now
- Finally, open QuickBooks and use QuickBooks to mail your report or transactions.
Method 3: Make sure that QuickBooks is not running as administrator
- Click on the icon of QuickBooks, then select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Compatibility‘ tab
- If you selected the option to run this program as Administrator, then unselect it. (You’ll notice that the color for “Run this program as Administrator” is grey If you find that your computer is displaying anything other than a black and white screen, go to the System Properties and on the Advanced tab, select “Show settings for all users.”).
- Click ‘Okay‘
- To fix the QuickBooks won’t send emails issue, just restart Quickbooks.
Method 4: Ensure that Email Preference has been correctly set in QuickBooks
If you use Outlook with Exchange, then make sure to open Outlook and sign in before changing your QuickBooks preferences.
- Select ‘Edit-> Preferences -> Send Forms‘
- Now, click the ‘My Preferences’ tab and select which email system you want to send your emails from. After that, click the ‘OK’ button.
- If you find the preference to be set correctly, then follow the following steps:
- Choose ‘Edit -> Preferences -> Send Forms’
- Choose the tab of ‘My Preferences‘ select ‘QuickBooks E-mail‘ and Click ‘OK‘.
- Click on ‘Edit -> Preferences‘
- Select ‘Outlook‘ and Click ‘OK‘.
- Close all other programs and applications.
- Restart your computer and then restart your QuickBooks.
- Now email the report.
Method 6: Ensure that email preference is set correctly in Internet Explorer to resolve Email issues in QuickBooks
- To start, close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Select ‘Tools > Internet Options‘
- Now, click on the ‘Programs‘ tab
- To make sure that you always see emails properly in Gmail, make sure that the default program is set to your email system. For example, when you send emails through Outlook they should show up in Gmail while Outlook Express emails should show up in Gmail.
- Close the ‘Internet Explorer.
- Email the report from QuickBooks.
Method 7: Test and repair MAPI32.dll
The solution to this technical problem is very complicated, and it is best handled by an IT professional. However, if you need help with IT, we’re available too (Charges May Apply).
Use Microsoft Word to test the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Restart your computer, and then reopen Windows.
- Open a document in Microsoft Word
- Select ‘File > send > Email as PDF document‘
- If an error occurs, contact the technical support team.
- If you have any errors with Outlook or Office, then there are a couple of things you can do to resolve the issue. First, contact Microsoft Help and Support for assistance. They’ll be able to help you with anything related to Outlook or Office Suite, including setting up the MAPI settings
- Once a trouble ticket is resolved, you can email the completed report to our team.
- Close all ‘Windows‘ and click on ‘Windows Start’
- Go to ‘Computers‘ and Go to ‘C:\Windows\System32‘
- Double-click on ‘Fixmapi.exe file‘ and follow all the instructions on the screen
- After ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops running, you can restart your computer.
If repairing MAPI32.dll doesn’t fix the problem, this is what you should do next.
- First, close all of your programs.
- Find where a file is and go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033”
- Rename ‘MAPI32.dll‘ to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD‘
- Restart your computer and run ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ again
- When ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops, restart the computer
Method 8: Reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool to repair email issues in QuickBooks
- Close all open web pages and applications before saving the article.
- Search for ‘Task Manager’ and press the ‘Start’ button.
- After opening the Task Manager window, end all of the processes related to QuickBooks.
- Next, run the clean install tool to rename all the QuickBooks application and program files.
- Restart your computer.
- Search the folders on your computer and make sure they are all renamed appropriately.
- Close QuickBooks and restart your computer.
- Keep your license number and Product Number close by.
- Insert the installation disk into your computer’s disc drive or download an installation source copy from the internet.
- To get started, run the installation wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open QuickBooks and reactivate your product.
- You can update your QuickBooks desktop at any time by going to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Open your QuickBooks company file and try sending the email.
Method 9: Repair Outlook
The following article will provide you with helpful advice from experts on how to improve your outlook:
- The user should head to the Windows icon in the System and open the Control Panel.
- Once you’re done with that, click on the Programs option
- Now, click on Programs again or click on Uninstall a program
- The user will then be required to search and select the Microsoft Outlook program from the list that appears.
- Once you’re done with that, click on the Uninstall option in the uninstall wizard and select Repair.
- Here are some ways to fix the Outlook program
- And then click on the finish tab
- After the problem went away, try sending an email through QuickBooks to Outlook and see if the issue resolves.
Method 10: Missing Primary Interop Assembly
If the user has installed both Microsoft office and QuickBooks, it means that the primary interop assembly has failed to install in your system. Therefore, you will either need to install QuickBooks or Office first, depending on which installation failed.
- This can be done by checking the directory:- C: \ Program Files (×86) \ Intuit Statement Writer 20XX XX is the version of QuickBooks software you have in your system.
- Run the vstor.exe file if the directory is present.
- This installation will help in installing the missing assembly
Method 11: Update the Microsoft Outlook Program
- Click the File menu to find this.
- Go to the account option.
- Now go to the Product information.
- Now, choose the Update Options. Click on Update now to start the update
- Your notification will go off when you’re done with the text.
- And then try user should check if the issue is resolved or not by sending the emails
Other instances when QuickBooks Having Problems with Email & Best Possible Solutions
QuickBooks Is Unable To Send Your Email To Outlook
Why does QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook?
The QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook error message pops up on your screen if there is a settings issue. However, the listed above causes can also be one of the reasons behind this email error occurrence. So, make sure you first know the exact reason for the error and then accordingly do the troubleshooting.
How to Fix QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook?
Solution 1: Edit the admin privileges
- Make sure QuickBooks isn’t set to run as an administrator by default
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed
- Open the Start menu in Windows
- In the search box, type “QuickBooks”
- Then select Open file location from the context menu when you right-click the QuickBooks icon
- Again, perform right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file in the folder and choose Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab from the drop-down menu
- Uncheck the option to run this program as administrator
- Select Show Settings for All Users if the option is greyed out (The option is now available)
- After that, select “Ok” followed by clicking on the “Apply” button
- Finally, try to send a test email or transaction from QuickBooks.
If you still see an error, continue to solution 2.
Solution 2: Edit your Email Preferences in QuickBooks
- Select Edit from the QuickBooks menu bar, and then Preferences
- Before moving on, open and sign in to Microsoft Outlook if you’re using Microsoft Exchange Server
- From the menu, choose Send Forms
- Then select My Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Choose Outlook as your email client
- At last, click on the Ok tab.
QuickBooks will send a test email. Toggle your preferences if you still see an error.
- Select Edit >>> Preferences from the drop-down menu
- From the menu, choose Send Forms
- Then select “My Preferences” from the drop-down menu
- Hit the “OK” button after selecting QuickBooks E-mail or Webmail
- This turns off your preference
- Repeat the procedure and go back to the “My Preferences” tab and choose Outlook from the drop-down menu then press the “Ok” button
- Close QuickBooks and any other programs that are open
- Finally, your computer should be restarted.
Send a test email or transaction from QuickBooks. Continue to the next solution if you still see an error.
Solution 3: Check the Internet Explorer email preferences
QuickBooks runs web services in the background using Internet Explorer. It’s possible that you’ll need to change your email preferences there.
- Initially, QuickBooks should be closed
- Open the Internet Explorer browser
- Select Tools >>> Settings >>> Internet Options from the drop-down menu
- Select the Programs tab from the drop-down menu
- Then choose “Set Programs” from the drop-down menu
- Choose Set your default programs from the drop-down menu
- After that, choose the email service you’d like to use
- After that, select the “Ok” and then “Apply” button
- Close the Internet Explorer window.
Try again to send a test email or transaction from QuickBooks.
Can’t Email From QuickBooks Pro 2015 Using Outlook Through Office 365 2013
Why Can’t email from QuickBooks Pro 2015 using Outlook through Office 365 2013?
It is one of the common errors experienced by QB users due to various reasons including damaged QuickBooks installation, damaged or corrupt MAPI32.dll file, inaccurate email preferences, etc. When you receive “Can’t email from QuickBooks Pro 2015 using Outlook through Office 365 2013” error message, you’ll not be able to proceed with your emailing activity while sending a report or document.
How to Fix Can’t email from QuickBooks Pro 2015 using Outlook through Office 365 2013?
Method 1: Test and Repair the MAPI32.dll
Use the word to see if MAPI32.dll is working properly
- Start by restarting your computer or closing and reopening Windows
- Then, in Microsoft Word, create a new document
- Select the File and then the Send option
- Select Email as PDF Attachment from the drop-down menu
- If the email opens without errors, contact QuickBooks Technical Support (US or Canada) for assistance
- If the error occurs when attaching the document, contact Microsoft help and support to resolve possible issues with Outlook or Office Suite and the MAPI settings
- Once the problem has been resolved, email the report or transaction from QuickBooks using Microsoft Word
- If you can email from Microsoft Word but not from QuickBooks, contact Technical Support for help.
Repair the MAPI32.dll
- Close all open programs and launch Windows by pressing the Windows Start button
- Choose the Computer option
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32
- Fixmapi.exe should be double-clicked
- To finish the process, follow the on-screen instructions
- Restart your computer after Fixmapi.exe has finished running.
“Outlook Cannot Log On” When You Email Reports Or Transactions In QuickBooks Desktop
Why Does “Outlook cannot log on” when you email reports or transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
When you email reports or transactions from QuickBooks Desktop, you get the error “Outlook cannot log on.” If you get the message “Outlook cannot log on,” fix it. When you try to email a report or transaction, make sure you’re connected to the network and using the correct server and mailbox name.” This error is caused by an older version of Microsoft Office 365. To resolve the issue, you must update to the most recent version (build 12527.20242).
How to Fix “Outlook cannot log on” when you email reports or transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
1. Update to the newest Microsoft Office 365 release
- Select the File tab in Outlook after opening it
- Then click the About Outlook button after selecting Office Account
- Make sure you’re using the most recent build 12527.20242
- Select Update Options and then Update Now to get the latest version
- Go back to QuickBooks and try sending your report or transaction via email once again.
If you are still facing the same issue, then you can try implementing another solution.
2. Run a Clean Install Tool
- To begin, dismiss any open applications and save any unsaved work before quitting everything
- Open Task Manager now and terminate all QuickBooks processes
- Then, using a clean install tool, rename all of the QuickBooks apps and program files
- Restart your computer after done with the above step
- You must manually rename the folder that was not renamed.
3. Restart your computer after uninstalling QuickBooks
- Make a note of your license number and product number
- Now, insert the installation disc or download an installation source copy from the internet
- You must follow the installation wizard’s instructions and execute it
- Also, reactivate your QuickBooks product by opening the application
- Update your QuickBooks application from the help menu
- Try sending the email from your company’s file.
QuickBooks Email Outlook Is Not Responding
Why does QuickBooks Email Outlook is not responding?
Sometimes, users encounter “QuickBooks Email Outlook is not responding” due to configuration issues or faulty settings of your Email and Internet Explorer preferences. However, there are several other reasons that can also evoke the “Outlook Not Responding” issue like damaged installation. Firewall settings, etc.
How to fix QuickBooks Email Outlook is not responding?
Solution 1: Close all the Outlook related processes through Task Manager
- To begin, go to the bottom of your screen, do a right-click on the Taskbar
- And then pick “Task Manager” from the drop-down menu
- Now, go to the Processes tab
- After that, look for Outlook in the list of running applications
- Once done with that, select the “End Task” button from the Task Manager’s bottom right corner
- Click once on the first process (Repeat this method until all of the Outlook processes tabs in the list have been closed)
- Reopen QuickBooks and send an email from it to see if the problem has been repaired.
Follow the steps below if “Outlook continues freezing”, “Outlook express not responding”, or “QuickBooks Outlook Freezes When Sending Email”.
Solution 2: Select Outlook as an email option
- To begin, open the QuickBooks program and the company file
- Click the Edit menu from the menu bar
- Then go to the Preferences option >>> Send Forms option
- After that, go to the My Preferences Tab and pick Outlook as your email program
- Close the company file and QuickBooks application by clicking the “Ok” button
- To see whether the problem persists, reopen QuickBooks and try to email the item using QuickBooks Outlook email.
QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server
Unable to send the email using QuickBooks software? You have to first update your software to the latest version. Read More
Quickbooks Email Invoices Error
QuickBooks is an accounting and finance software utilized by small and medium-sized businesses. Read More
Not Responding Error in Mac When Sending QuickBooks Email
The QuickBooks is most popular accounting software and it provides the account management solution in Windows and Mac. Read More
QuickBooks Crash When Sending Email
It is important to create invoices and statements and other financial documents and it is not a pleasant situation to lose unsaved information. Read More
QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
Most QuickBooks users have reported –QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices- issue. This situation usually arises when emailing invoices to customers or clients. Read More
QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure
It is found that this kind of mishap can ruin your productivity and even can entail business loss. Read More
QuickBooks: How to Stop Fake Invoice Emails?
QuickBooks users often come across fake invoice emails that steal their Paypal account information, bank details, email address and FTP log-in credentials. Read More
QuickBooks Unable to Send your Email to Outlook
Well, the most annoying thing that can happen to anyone in this advanced world is the inability to send emails which is an integral part of communication these days. Read More
The above-discussed are a few Common QuickBooks Email Errors that are mostly encountered while sending an email through QB. Many times, these kinds of errors leave you confused and impede your work as well. To amend these kinds of errors, we have discussed all possible ways in the above write-up and it is hoped that it will help you for sure. But in any case, if you are stuck or still getting email issues in QuickBooks, then feel free to connect with our Technical Team via LIVE CHAT.
How to Set Up Secure Webmail in QuickBooks?
You can easily set up secure webmail using the below enlisted steps:
💠 Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks
💠 After you’ve chosen your options, you’ll be able to transmit the forms
💠 After that, go to web mail and add a new account
💠 Before entering your email address, select your provider from the drop-down menu
💠 Select “Ok” after checking the employ enhanced security option
💠 Sign in to your Intuit account (notice that the username/email address you provide here may not be the same as the one you use to access QuickBooks)
💠 Sign in to your webmail provider’s login page and authorize Intuit access.
What are the things we require in setting up a Regular Webmail and how?
You’ll need to know your webmail servers and port settings, which are defined by your ISP, in order to set up Webmail. While QuickBooks may fill in this information for common providers (such as Gmail), the port and server information can be found on Intuit’s website.
Complete the following steps once you have this information:
💠 Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks
💠 After you’ve chosen your options, you’ll be able to transmit the forms
💠 After that, go to web mail and add a new account
💠 Fill up the required add email information, then click on the “Ok” and then “Save” button.
Why isn’t Outlook responding in QuickBooks?
You won’t be able to send vital emails to your clients if “Outlook freezes when creating email.” by following the best troubleshooting procedures that are suggested above will help you to easily address this problem. Make sure your QuickBooks application isn’t set to run as an administrator and that you’re accessing your account with the correct credentials.
Quickbooks Says email password incorrect?
Quickbooks is saying my email password is incorrect when I’m trying to send an invoice. I use AOL, so my password can’t be incorrect.
+ Go to your email account online.
+ At top of Yahoo Email page go to the far right and click on your Name.
+ Click on Account Info under your displayed name/emall address. It will bring up a new page.
Why is email not working on QuickBooks?
To avoid these errors, make sure your QuickBooks is not running with administrator privileges. Make sure your email preference is set correctly in QuickBooks. Set your mail settings correctly in Internet Explorer.
How to fix outlook not receiving email issue?
Repair a profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016
+ In Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016, choose File.
+ Choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
+ On the Email tab, choose your account (profile), and then choose Repair.
+ Follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you’re done, restart Outlook.
How do I authorize QuickBooks with Web Mail?
How to authorize QuickBooks Desktop to use Gmail
+ From any open transaction or report in QuickBooks, select Email.
+ Select Send, you may be prompted to log in with your Intuit credentials.
+ Select Continue in the Webmail Authorization window that opens.
+ Select Allow.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support