The QuickBooks software has proven to be a remarkable tool for small and medium-sized businesses, streamlining their accounting operations effectively. However, its diverse functionalities can occasionally lead to challenging technical issues. These complications can manifest as error codes or, in more severe cases, cause QuickBooks to halt suddenly, disrupting ongoing operations. Recently, users have encountered an issue when attempting to send emails through QuickBooks, receiving an error message that reads, “QuickBooks unable to send your email to Outlook.”
Well, the most annoying thing that can happen to anyone in this advanced world is the inability to send emails which is an integral part of communication these days. With QuickBooks, the error message that you can encounter is “QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again.”
This error is a common issue faced by the users of QuickBooks. There have been many controversies pertaining to the causes of it and finally a few that have been shortlisted are the following-
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error: Unable to Send your Email to Outlook
- There can be a great possibility that your preferences of email have been set incorrectly
- The file dll might be damaged or corrupted
- The software QuickBooks might be running as an administrator
- Wrongly gone installation of QuickBooks
- There might also be possibility that the Outlook has been installed incorrectly
- Another possible reason can be that outlook is playing in the background while you are trying to send email from QuickBooks
Solution to Fix: Unable to Send Emails From QuickBooks
1. First Solution: Run as Administrator from Properties of QuickBooks
To configure QuickBooks Desktop for optimal settings, follow these steps:
- Begin by right-clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- From the context menu that appears, select “Properties.”
- In the Properties window, navigate to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Ensure you’ve chosen to run the software as an administrator.
- Additionally, click on the option to display settings for all users.
- Once you’ve made these selections, click “Apply.”
- To complete the process, click “OK.”
2. Second Solution: Set Email Preference Correctly
To resolve the error, modify your email preferences by following these steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the “Preferences” option in the “Edit” menu.
- In case you use Microsoft Exchange Server with M.S. Outlook, ensure you’re logged in.
- Select “Send Forms” from the menu.
- Then, go to the “My Preferences” tab.
- Choose “Outlook” as your default email program.
- Click “OK.”
- Send a test email. If the error persists, proceed with the following steps:
- Click on the “Edit” menu and select “Preferences.”
- Choose “Send Forms.”
- Click on the “My Preferences” tab.
- Select “QuickBooks Email” or “Webmail” and click “OK” to deactivate your preference.
- Return to the “My Preferences” tab and select “Outlook.”
- Click “OK.”
- Close all background programs currently running.
- Restart QuickBooks and attempt to send a test email again.
In case the error continues, follow the following troubleshooting method.
Read also: fix gmail related problem in QuickBooks.
3. Third Solution: correct preference in Internet Explorer
Here are the steps for changing email preferences in QuickBooks:
- Start by closing the QuickBooks program.
- Open Internet Explorer (I.E.).
- Go to the Tools menu and select Settings in Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Settings.
- Navigate to the Programs tab and click the “Set Programs” option.
- Next, choose “Set your default program.”
- Select your preferred email provider.
- Click “Apply” and then hit “OK.”
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
- To confirm that the issue of QuickBooks not sending emails to Outlook is resolved, send a test email via QuickBooks.
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
4. Fourth Solution: Test and Repair MAP132.dll.
An error in the MAPI32.dll file can trigger the QuickBooks email error. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Begin by troubleshooting the problem:
- Restart your computer.
- Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
- Go to the File menu and select “Send.”
- Click on “Email as PDF Attachment.”
2. Follow these actions to repair the DLL file:
- Close all running programs, including QuickBooks.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Open File Explorer by typing “File Explorer” in the search box.
- Navigate to the C Drive and locate the System32 folder.
- Search for the “Fixmapi.exe” file within the System32 folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the repair.
3. Finally, restart your computer once the repair process is complete.
You can try repairing MAP132.dll by closing all open programs. You can now click on the Windows Start Button and select Computer. Now you need to go to C drive>Windows>System 32. Now you should double-click Fixmapi.exe and follow the instructions that appear. Try running the Fixmapi.exe and once the running of the extension is completed; you need to reboot the computer.
5. Fifth Solution: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks
After all the solutions have been tried, another step that can be tried is to perform a clean install of QuickBooks. The methods that must be followed are-
- Open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start menu.
- Navigate to “Programs and Features.”
- Locate “QuickBooks” and click on it.
- Select the “Uninstall/Change” button.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- After uninstallation, rename the QuickBooks folder.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
- When activating QuickBooks, have your original product keys ready.
- After reinstalling, attempt to send a test email via QuickBooks to verify if the error has been resolved.
6. Sixth Solution: Repair Outlook
After all, the tedious task, is the final step that needs to be followed to repair Outlook. There are separate steps for Outlook 2007 and also for Outlook 2010.
All the above-mentioned troubleshooting can for sure help in resolving the issue of not being able to send emails. While email is an important aspect of being updated with the corporate and social communication, it is a necessity to get the issue resolved instantly with no delay. A delay in undertaking this step can obstruct you from getting in touch with the important authorities or communicating swiftly. People get handicapped with no access to email as life is quite unimaginable without it.
Email is the most preferred means of being in touch with people around.
7. Seventh Solution: Use Outlook as the Default Email Application
If you want to set Outlook as the default mail program, first open up the Start Menu. Type in “default” and choose the first option (it may be named differently depending on what version of Windows you have). Now find the Mail section and make sure that Outlook is selected. The switch will be automatically confirmed.
8. Eight Solution: Enable MAPI in Windows
You will need to enable MAPI support for your QuickBooks file. To do that, press the Windows key or click the windows logo at the bottom left of your taskbar. Type in C:\Windows and press enter. Find the win.ini file (you may not see the .ini part of the file if you do not have file extensions enabled in windows). Open the file and check for the following entry:
The win.ini file has the lines you need to include in order for your PC to send mail. If you don’t have these lines, you’ll need to add them – but don’t worry, it’s not hard. Just copy the file onto your desktop and edit it, adding the missing lines and [MAIL] section if it’s missing. After that, just copy the edited file back into your c:\windows folder and restart QuickBooks again to see if that fixed the problem.
9. Ninth Solution: Missing Primary Interop Assembly
If you have a version of QuickBooks installed on your machine that was created before Microsoft Office, the Primary Interop Assembly might not have been installed.
- To see if the assembly is installed, check the following directory.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Statement Writer 20XX
- Where XX is the version of QuickBooks you have. If the directory exists, you can run the vstor.exe file to install the missing assembly.
If your QuickBooks software installation is missing, you will need to install the software again.
10: Tenth Solution: Make sure QuickBooks is compatible with the Office Version
If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, it may not be compatible with the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office. This is because it only supports older versions of Microsoft Office. If that is the case, you can install the 32-bit version of office to see if this resolves your issue.
- QuickBooks 2020 – System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2019 – System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2018 – System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2017 – System Requirements
11. Eleventh Solution: Reinstall QuickBooks
If you don’t have the install files for QuickBooks, you can download your copy of the software. Before uninstalling, be sure to write down your license and product code. You’ll find this in QuickBooks by pressing F2. If you’ve already removed QuickBooks, you can find it using an alternative method:
- Begin by launching the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Agree to the software’s license agreement and proceed by selecting the “Next” option.
- Input the Product and License numbers provided to you by Intuit via email, and then click “Next.”
- 5. Opt for the “Express Start” option and continue by clicking “Next.”
- 6. Execute the installation process by clicking the “Install” button.
- 7. Upon completion of the installation, open QuickBooks to access and run the software on your system.
12. Twelfth Solution: Repair or Reinstall Microsoft Office
- Repair Office
Open the start menu and select Windows Key + X or right-click the windows logo at the bottom left of your screen. You should see Apps and Programs. Look for Microsoft Office and click Change. Next, you’ll want to choose Repair (at the top) to initiate the repair process.
- Reinstall Office
Press Windows Key + X or right-click the windows logo at the bottom left of your taskbar. Select Apps and Programs. Find Microsoft Office and click Uninstall at the top. If you purchased your office software through Office 365, visit the Microsoft Office Portal to install it.
For help contact QuickBooks Error support phone number ✆.
How can I send an email from QB to Outlook?
QuickBooks is one of the most convenient ways to send transactions over outlook or webmail. Once you set up the function then you get access to send invoices and reports. To set up the outlook with QuickBooks, first connect the internet connections to view the details about the user ID, password, incoming email server type, incoming email server address. Then open the QuickBooks Edit menu. Lastly, you have to choose Preferences and send forms. From the available preferences, choose the Outlook on then ok.
How can I repair the email sending issues outlook?
Firstly, you have to check the Junk Email folder and then clean out the Inbox. Then, again you have to check and verify the inbox filter to sort all setting issues. Go to the other tab and ensure about the blocked senders and the list of safe senders. Open email rules and perform all while forwarding. If you still can’t figure out this issue then check your account might be blocked.
Why am I unable to send emails via outlook?
Usually, it appears due to improper internet connectivity between Outlook and the mail server. If it takes a longer time then it will automatically save in the outbox. But the outbox is not connected to the mail server. Then, you need to check the provided email address and must be sure the server settings are up to date.
Why is my QuickBooks outlook not responding?
It is proven that QuickBooks 2019 and Newer versions are only compatible with Office 365, so you should try to use Outlook from your Office 365 account.
How do I fix QuickBooks outlook email not working?
In order to fix the problem of MS Office not working with QuickBooks, there are dozens of solutions you can find over the internet. Some of the most useful techniques are:
+ Run QuickBooks As an administrator.
+ Check the Email Preferences settings for QuickBooks and Internet explorer.
+ Repair the damaged MAPI32.dll File.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support