QuickBooks is an accounting and finance software utilized by small and medium-sized businesses. It helps you with the handling of pay slabs, tax tables, invoices, and lots of other services. However, there are reported instances where people come across some seemingly insurmountable errors.
Some of the problems are related to third-party rendering. And all of the problems are solvable with the right amount of knowledge. Quickbooks Email Invoice Error creates great trouble for business owners. We will take a quick look at it and try to resolve it through the solutions provided in this article.
What is QuickBooks Invoice Error?
You get this error at times when you are trying to email your invoices to your clients. Since Quickbooks uses third-party applications to process these services, Outlook is utilized at it. The problem could lie both with Quickbooks and Outlook and with only one of them.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Invoice Error
The first step to resolving any error stems from the recognition of the inception point of that error. One of these could be the problem, try to figure out where and when this error started to appear first:
- Incorrect email setting
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file
- QuickBooks running as administrator
- Damaged QuickBooks installation
- Damaged Outlook installation
- Outlook open in the background when sending email through QuickBooks
How to fix QuickBooks Invoice Error?
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error Sending Invoices from QuickBooks:
- Relaunch QuickBooks
- Check That Email Preference is Correct in QuickBooks
- Correct The Email Preference is Internet Explorer
Listed below are some of the solutions that you can try to solve this error.
1. Solution One: Relaunch Quickbooks
We will perform several easy solutions. Follow step by step:
- Go to the Quickbooks icon, right-click on it and select
- Click on the Compatibility
- Now, deselect Run this program as Administrator. (In case ‘Run this program as an Administrator’ is grey, first select ‘Show Settings for All Users)
- Now exit and relaunch Quickbooks.
2. Solution Two: Check That Email Preference is Correct in Quickbooks
(In case you are using Outlook with Exchange server, make sure you are logged into Outlook before running this solution)
- Go to Edit> Preference> Send Forms.
- Click on My Preference> Send Email Using> select the software> Ok.
- If the preference as correct, we will toggle it once,
- Choose Edit> Preference> Send Forms.
- Click on My Preference> Quickbooks Email> Ok.
- Go to Edit> Preference.
- Now, select Outlook> Ok.
- Now close all the programs including Quickbooks.
- Restart your computer and launch Quickbooks.
- Your problem is resolved.
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
3. Solution Three: Correct The Email Preference is Internet Explorer
The email preference is Internet Explorer, below are the steps to fix it.
- Shut down Quickbooks and any other program running.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools> Internet Options.
- Go to the Program
- In the program tab, we will ensure that the correct email sending platform is selected as the default program. If we want to use the Outlook, we will ensure it is the Outlook that is the default, or if we are using the Outlook Express, we will make sure that it is the Outlook Express.
- Click Apply> Ok.
- Now we will close Internet Explorer.
- Open Quickbooks and get down to out business uninterrupted.
Alternate Steps to Fix QuickBooks Email Invoice Problems
The first step to fixing QuickBooks right now is to make sure your version is up-to-date. This will ensure that you don’t miss out on any of the newest features added to the platform.
Second, check your webmail settings:
- To get started, log in to your Email account.
- To edit, click on the Edit button at the top right of your screen.
- Click on the Preferences.
- Click on the Send Forms button in the left panel.
- Under the My Preferences tab, select the specific email account you’re going to use..
- Click on the edit option.
- Next, make sure to mark the SSL box, or select Default in the Advanced section.
- In the field of Server Name, You also need to ensure that the server name matches your email provider’s settings. For example, If you are seeing smtp.mail.outlook.com then, change it to intuit.smtp.mail.yahoo.com and click on OK.
The error message you’re getting says, “incorrect password.” If that is still happening, please follow these detailed steps:
QuickBooks is Not Accepting the WebMail Password
If you are running into this error message, try these steps to fix the issue; it will allow you to send invoices from QuickBooks.
- First of all, go to the menu bar at the top and click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “Preferences“.
- To see the Preferences panel, click on the “My Preferences” tab.
- You can then click “Edit” to change the preference settings.
- Then you need to choose the “Default“.
- You have to make sure that the name of your email provider matches the “Server Name” field in the application.
- Make sure you’re using the correct password for your email account. Otherwise, you’ll also get an error that says incorrect password.
In order to check if you’ve fixed the error, you’ll need to do a test run.
- Click on the “File” menu, then select
- Select the “Close Company“.
- Now you need to go to “Open a Sample File” [It should be opened in “No Company Open” window.].
- Here are your options for a sample company file to open or share.
- There is a setup issue with your email service settings in QuickBooks. Please fix the settings and try to share the email again.
How do I fix an email problem in QuickBooks?
Let’s perform some troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
1. Close out of the QuickBooks program so that it’s not running as an administrator.
2. Make sure you have your email preference set correctly in QuickBooks.
3. Set your email preference in Internet Explorer correctly.
4. Test and repair your MAP132.
5. Reinstall QuickBooks by first performing a clean installation.
How do I fix QuickBooks’ unable to send my email to Gmail?
In the QuickBooks menu, select Preferences, then select Email. From the email preference panel, select SEND out of QuickBooks using your Email Account and then select Gmail as the provider. Once you’re done, press OK.
How do I email invoices from QuickBooks?
How to Email an Invoice in QuickBooks Online
+ Go to Get paid & pay and select Invoices (Take me there).
+ Find the invoice you wish to email.
+ Verify the information is correct and add any additional contacts you wish to receive the Invoice.
+ Select Send.
Why is email not working on QuickBooks?
If QuickBooks is running as administrator, it won’t have any email access. Verify that your email preference is set correctly in QuickBooks. If you’re using Internet Explorer, make sure your email preferences are set correctly.
Why can’t QuickBooks send invoices?
Errors with sending invoices: If you’re receiving errors with emailing invoices, it may be because you haven’t set your preferences correctly. It’s also possible that the QuickBooks application is not installed correctly or there’s a virus on your computer. You can also block domains administratively.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support