QuickBooks software is an exceptional software as it not only helps in the accounts and financial needs of the organizations but helps in the growth of your business. Steps to Set up and Configure Email Service in QuickBooks QuickBooks is created on a user-friendly interface and can be integrated with various third-party tools & applications.
You can also set up email services through QuickBooks Desktop. This way, you can easily send invoices along with exchanging reports, etc. You can send email either from Microsoft Outlook or any webmail.
Steps to Set up and Configure Email Service in QuickBooks
Here are some steps that are to be followed, if you are creating an email on your Microsoft Outlook.
First of all, you will have to set up Microsoft Outlook account in QuickBooks
Incoming e-mail server type
Incoming e-mail server address
Outgoing e-mail server address
If your Outlook is not available in the QuickBooks Desktop, then you browse it from the Send Forms preferences, by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Go to the Forms option.
- Click on the Outlook and then press OK.
Setting up the Email Service for the Webmail
- Link QuickBooks and Secure Webmail.
- From your QuickBooks Edit option, go to Preferences.
- Select the Send Forms option.
- Click on Webmail and then press Add.
- Write your registered email address in the field required.
- Click on the Use enhance security option check-box.
- Press OK.
- You can now see the Log in page on your screen.
- Enter the Sign credentials to your Log in Page.
- Grant the access to Intuit.
Webmail password will not be accepted in QuickBooks
If you are working on your QuickBooks desktop application and you received a notification regarding the password, i.e. password is incorrect when you were trying to send email through your QuickBooks Desktop. Now, you will have to create a password for your webmail account.
List of the Webmail clients that are compatible with different versions of QuickBooks:
- QB 2018: Gmail and Hotmail/ Lives user in the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
- QuickBooks 2017 R5 and newer: Gmail users for U.S. only.
- QuickBooks 2017 older and R4 version: Secure Webmail not available.
Important: You will need a strong password, if you are going to add the Secure Webmail to your QuickBooks Company file.
Our Assistant Channel
The information in this article is provided by the highly qualified QuickBooks experts. These experts are highly proficient and are Intuit certified professionals. If you have any doubts and queries regarding the steps, then you can seek help from the “Bigxperts ”. To reach out to them, you just have to give a call on their and they will immediately respond back to you. They will provide you with best possible solution for your query.