QuickBooks Desktop is the ideal solution for small and mid-sized businesses. It’s built to help you seamlessly manage your finances by giving you access to a wide range of tools, like email services. QuickBooks Desktop makes it easy for you to send invoices and receive reports from your computer or continue sending reports even though you’re on the go.
By enabling email services, you can use QuickBooks in conjunction with Outlook on your Windows PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad. The company also released a new feature this week for increased efficiency.
QuickBooks software is an exceptional software as it not only helps in the accounts and financial needs of the organizations but helps in the growth of your business. Steps to Set up and Configure Email Service in QuickBooks. QuickBooks is created on a user-friendly interface and can be integrated with various third-party tools & applications.
You can also set up email services through QuickBooks Desktop. This way, you can easily send invoices along with exchanging reports, etc. You can send email either from Microsoft Outlook or any webmail.
What are the email services in QuickBooks?
When you need to send emails from QuickBooks, it will save time and effort for you. It’s also treated as one of the most crucial features of your software.
QuickBooks users often experience problems when trying to set up email. We’ve got all the answers! In today’s blog, we’ll walk you through the troubleshooting process for setting up an email in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Do you need to set up emailing in QuickBooks? If so, the information below will help.
- Username and Password
- Outgoing and Incoming email addresses
- Incoming email server type
What are the Primary Email options Available in QuickBooks?
The options for an email are fairly daunting, with three different types and subtypes in QuickBooks Desktop, as well as multiple apps of the same type. Add to this fact that users are not always able to find their specific requirements within these options.
Here are some quick options for how to view your updates:
- QuickBooks Email – This option is not often preferred and liked by all the users.
- Webmail – This feature can be used with Yahoo, Gmail and other user email platforms..
- Outlook – One of the best pieces of software is Microsoft Outlook and our team is here to help you with any support needs. It’s the number one support option for many businesses, and it makes managing your mail much more effective and easy to use.
What does configuring email services in QuickBooks mean?
The QuickBooks accounting software is one of the best, and the email feature gives you more benefits that you can’t find anywhere else.
Here are some of the reasons that you need to configure email services in QuickBooks:
- The email feature will send reminder emails to all your clients about the payments.
- With Tabler , you’ll be able to upload two specific spreadsheets and add additions not more than 2MB.
- Send the estimates to the clients, and then create invoices in QuickBooks with a custom email setup.
- With this email feature, users can get details from the vendors and customers.
- This feature makes it easy to share reports across departments and offices.
Steps to Set up and Configure Email Service in QuickBooks
Here are some steps that are to be followed, if you are creating an email on your Microsoft Outlook.
- Create an email profile in your Outlook.
- First of all, you will have to set up Microsoft Outlook account in QuickBooks
- Unique Username
- Strong Password
- Incoming e-mail server type
- Incoming e-mail server address
- Outgoing e-mail server address
If your Outlook is not available in the QuickBooks Desktop, then you browse it from the Send Forms preferences, by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Go to the Forms option.
- Click on the Outlook and then press OK.
Setting up the Email Service for the Webmail
- Link QuickBooks and Secure Webmail.
- From your QuickBooks Edit option, go to Preferences.
- Select the Send Forms option.
- Click on Webmail and then press Add.
- Write your registered email address in the field required.
- Click on the Use enhance security option check-box.
- Press OK.
- You can now see the Log in page on your screen.
- Enter the Sign credentials to your Log in Page.
- Grant the access to Intuit.
Note: With the integration of QuickBooks into right network’s hosted environment, you don’t have to worry about your own website or email. All you need to do is sign on with your account information and get started sending emails!
Your internet service provider determines the settings and port settings of your Webmail. QB will provide details and recommendations for Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, etc.
If you are using a different email inbox, you can choose your service provider at the same place. However, make sure to verify this with your ISP before setting up Webmail in QB Desktop application.
- Go to ‘QuickBooks Edit menu‘ and select ‘Preferences‘ and Send Forms.
- Select ‘Webmail‘ and click ‘Add‘.
- Click ‘OK‘ to save the changes.
The Secure Webmail on QuickBooks Desktop stops you from sending email until you type in your password. The Secure Webmail is needed to protect your data from being stolen, unlike the regular webmail which doesn’t have that protection.
Have you ever been unable to log into your account with QB Desktop? If not, it’s likely that the provider you’re using (Google, Yahoo, etc.) supports two-step verification. If so, please make sure that you have allowed the application to use your phone number as verification.
If you are a Cox user: You can configure your email settings to use SSL or login credentials, or whichever setting you need. QuickBooks Desktop will not function with the SMTP settings Cox provides. You can change this by using port 587 or 465 instead of 25, which should still be used for other companies’ email needs.
If you are a CableOne users: Please use the following information since CableOne uses Google servers.
- Email Address: Your Email ID
- Email Provider: Gmail
- Port: 587 or 465
- SSL: Yes
Webmail passwords will not be accepted in QuickBooks
If you are working on your QuickBooks desktop application and you received a notification regarding the password, i.e. password is incorrect when you were trying to send email through your QuickBooks Desktop. Now, you will have to create a password for your webmail account.
List of the Webmail clients that are compatible with different versions of QuickBooks:
- QB 2018: Gmail and Hotmail/ Lives user in the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
- QuickBooks 2017 R5 and newer: Gmail users for U.S. only.
- QuickBooks 2017 older and R4 version: Secure Webmail not available.
Important: You will need a strong password, if you are going to add the Secure Webmail to your QuickBooks Company file.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Port Information
Below we’ve shared a table showing the data for various internet service providers and ports. You can find out what your ISP or port is on this page, so you know how to connect properly.
|SP (Internet Service Provider)||SMTP Server||SMTP Port|
|1AND1.com||smtp.1and1.com||587 (SSL enabled, with password)|
|AOL||smtp.aol.com||465 or 587 (see Note) (SSL enabled for incoming and outgoing mail server)|
|COMPUSERV||smtp.compuserve.comsmtp.aol.com||110 or 587|
|EARTHLINK||smtpauth.earthlink.net||25 (with password)|
|GODADDY||smtpout.secureserver.net||80, 25, or 3535|
|GODADDY with Office 365||smtp.office365.com||587 (SSL enabled)|
|MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 365||outlook.office365.com||587 (SSL enabled)|
|NETSCAPE||smtp.isp.netscape.com||25 (SSL enabled)|
|PRODIGY||smtp.prodigy.net||25 (SSL enabled)|
Our Assistant Channel
The information in this article is provided by the highly qualified QuickBooks experts. These experts are highly proficient and are Intuit certified professionals. If you have any doubts and queries regarding the steps, then you can seek help from the “Bigxperts ”. To reach out to them, you just have to give a call on their and they will immediately respond back to you. They will provide you with best possible solution for your query.
How do I set up and configure email services in QuickBooks Desktop?
Set up webmail
1. Go to QuickBooks Edit menu and select Preferences.
2. Select Send Forms.
3. Select Web Mail and Add.
4. Fill out the Add Email Info and select OK.
5. Select OK to save your changes.
How do I connect QuickBooks with Outlook?
Set up Outlook
1. Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu.
2. Select Preferences and Send Forms.
3. Select Outlook and OK.
Can you email invoices from QuickBooks Desktop?
In QuickBooks Desktop, you can email sales forms, invoices and statements to your customers. You can send them individually or as a batch, or save them to send when you’re ready.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support