Users may come across QuickBooks Subscription on a regular basis which usually arises because the card on file has become outdated or invalid, or the card issuer has declined the payment. While installing or updating QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, you may receive the error message “Error: Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop” or “Error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop.” If you only get this error on one workstation and not all of them, it means there’s a problem with Windows users or third-party applications blocking QuickBooks processes.
Furthermore, you may encounter a subscription issue in a variety of circumstances. If you’ve encountered a subscription error, reading this article will assist you in resolving the issue with ease.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Subscription Issue
QuickBooks subscription error is caused by a number of factors, including a damaged product registration file. Other reasons are listed below:
- When you fail to keep your credit card information up to date, this can happen.
- Due to installation errors, you might have trouble verifying your subscription in QuickBooks.
- Due to an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop application, QuickBooks will not renew your subscription.
- If you do not have an active QuickBooks subscription, you may be disappointed because we must verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks.
- Another reason is that misconfigured internet browsers cause network connectivity issues.
How to Rectify QuickBooks Subscription Error
The QuickBooks subscription error can be fix with by fixing the internet connection settings, resetting internet explorer settings, disabling the firewall, installing the digital signature, or restoring the product license number. Let’s perform each & every solution one by one;
Method 1: Checking the Internet Connection settings
If you receive a subscription error, you may need to adjust your QuickBooks internet connection settings. Also, check the Internet Connection Settings to ensure that the QuickBooks software can connect to our online services:
- Open QuickBooks and select Help from the menu bar
- Next, click on the “Internet Connection Setup” tab
- Make certain that you have When this application accesses the Internet, use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection
- Click “Next” followed by the “Done” button.
Method 2: Resetting the Internet Explorer Settings
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Visit the tools menu and also select the Internet option
- Also, press the ALT key, if the menu bar is not showing
- Next, go to the “Advanced” tab and select the “Reset or Restore defaults” tab
- Lastly, hit the “Apply” followed by the “Ok” button.
Method 3: Try to disable the Firewall manually
If none of the above methods worked, you can disable the firewall or antivirus software manually. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Turn off the antivirus software after disabling the firewall
- Keep in mind that antivirus software cannot be turned off, and others require specific permissions to make changes
- The third-party antivirus icon can be found in the system tray at the bottom right of the desktop screen
- Also, right-click on the icon and select “Disable” from the menu
- Finally, install QuickBooks Desktop or run the update once again.
Method 4: Install the digital certificates
Installing certificates in Google Chrome:
- To begin, go to
- Choose the padlock symbol from the address bar
- The next step is to select View Certificates from the drop-down menu
- Choose the Symantec class 3 secure server CA-G4 item from the certification path tab
- Select View Certificate and then Install Certificate
- After that, you must import using the default options
- Once done with that, a window indicating a successful import will appear on the screen, and you’ll need to press the “Ok” button
- Finally, close the certificate windows and try again to install or update the certificate.
Steps to install certificates using the Internet Explorer
To complete the install and import, follow the onscreen instructions:
- Select Internet options from the Tools menu
- Then go to the content tab and choose the certificates option
- The next step is to navigate to the intermediate certificate authorities tab
- Then select the CA-G4 Symantec class 3 server
- After that, select View Certificate and then Install
- The final step is to retry the installation or update.
Method 5: Restore the product and license file
QuickBooks creates a file on the hard drive that contains product and license information. The file is simple to restore if there is a problem with it:
- Get the product and license information first
- If you don’t have it on hand, you’ll be able to locate it
- After that, QuickBooks Desktop must be closed
- Then go to the Start menu in Windows
- Now type run into the search box and choose the “Run” tab from the drop-down menu
- In the run command window, type the following address:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- On your keyboard, press ‘Enter.’ If the above address is not functional, try the following:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6
- Look for a file called “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” once the folder has opened
- Remove this file from your computer
- Right-click it and select the “Delete” option
- To confirm the deletion of the file, select “Yes”
- When you open QuickBooks, it will prompt you to re-register the product
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the registration process and see if it fixes the QuickBooks subscription error.
#1. Problem in verifying the payroll subscription
Why Does a Problem in verifying the payroll subscription?
As discussed above, subscription errors may arise in multiple scenarios. When trying to update the payroll tax table, you may encounter problems verifying the payroll subscription. This error could be related to the payroll subscription verification. Inactive payroll subscriptions, data damage, inactive direct deposit agreements, incorrect PSID, wrong employer identification number in the company file, and other factors can all contribute to these issues.
How to Fix the Problem in verifying the payroll subscription?
You can resolve this problem by checking your desktop payroll subscription. This can be accomplished by following the steps below:
- To begin, make sure you have the most recent QuickBooks Desktop release and that you have also downloaded the most recent tax table release
- Then, go to the Payroll account management portal and log in
- After that, close the page
- The system should then be rebooted
- The payroll update was then downloaded once again
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop or reset the update.
Also, if you are using direct deposit for your company file and are experiencing problems, you should seek professional assistance.
If the above steps don’t work, try the steps below. If you’re doing a direct deposit, don’t use them.
- Start with opening the payroll account management portal
- Then look to see if the payroll service is up and running
- Close the browser window.
This both validates the online payroll service and fixes the problem. Alternatively, use Selective Startup Mode to install QuickBooks once again.
#2. Your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed
Why Does the QuickBooks subscription has lapsed?
QuickBooks is billed on a monthly basis with no obligation to stay on a specific price plan for a specific period of time. You can cancel and switch plans whenever you want without fear of losing your data or being charged a cancellation fee. If you have a QuickBooks Online subscription and are unable to access your Company file, your QuickBooks subscription may have expired. If this happens, a message will appear that says “Your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed.”
It happens if the payment information you provided to QuickBooks has changed which means your subscription will lapse. You could also have canceled your subscription, which means you won’t be able to access your QuickBooks account data any longer. Before cancelling your subscription, you can download your company’s data.
How to Fix QuickBooks subscription has lapsed?
Solution 1: Update your billing information
In your Customer Account Management (CAMPs) portal, update your subscription payment information.
- As an admin user, log in to the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPs)
- From the list of products and services, choose QuickBooks Desktop
- Next to your QuickBooks Product, select “Details”
- Next to your Payment Method, click on the “Edit” tab
- Make any necessary changes to your payment information
- Select the “Save” and then “Close” tab when you’re finished
- QuickBooks Desktop should now be open
- Hover over Manage My License in the Help menu
- Then choose Sync License Data Online from the drop-down menu.
If the subscription error persists, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks Updates
Install the most recent QuickBooks Desktop update for your version. This frequently resolves subscription issues. It ensures that you have the most up-to-date features and fixes. The steps to be followed to update the QuickBooks software:
- To begin, make sure you have the most recent updates installed
- Close QuickBooks and your company files
- Launch the Start menu in Windows
- QuickBooks Desktop can be found by searching
- Select the “Run as administrator” by right-clicking on the icon
- Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop while on the “No Company Open” screen
- Select the “Options” option from the drop-down list
- After that, select “Save” followed by selecting “Mark All” option
- Select the “Reset Update” checkbox from the Update Now tab
- Choose “Get Updates” when you’re ready
- Close and reopen QuickBooks when the update is completed
- Select “Yes” to proceed with the installation of the updates
- Restart your computer once the installation is finished.
If you have a Payroll subscription, you can use QuickBooks Desktop to process payroll by downloading the latest payroll tax table. Keep in mind that your Payroll subscription must be active in order to use this feature. If you’ve updated your QuickBooks Desktop software and you’re still getting a subscription error, try to run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub.
#3. Error: Verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop
Why Does Error: Verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop?
Users receive a subscription error when you install or update your QB product. On a workstation, this error could indicate a problem with a Windows user or a third-party app. They may prevent you from running QuickBooks by blocking processes you require. A problem with the .NET Framework installation is also possible. When the error happens, you’ll receive one of the error messages:
Error: Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop.
Error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop.
Error: We are sorry; it looks like you need a subscription to start using QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Fix Verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 1: Reset the Internet Explorer Settings
- First, open the Internet Explorer browser
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu
- If the menu bar does not appear, press the Alt key on your keyboard
- Choose “Reset” or “Restore Defaults” from the Advanced tab
- In the end, select “Ok” and then “Apply” tab.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tools Hub assists in the correction of common errors. The below steps help you how:
- To use the tool hub, QuickBooks must be closed
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (18.104.22.168) is available for download
- Save the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop)
- Note: If you’ve previously installed Tool Hub, you can check which version you have. The Home tab should be selected. The version will be at the bottom of the page.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and also agreeing to the terms and conditions
- When the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the drop-down menu
- When the Diagnostic Tool is finished, select the “Ok” tab
- Open your data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Common QuickBooks Subscription Errors are common occurrences that can be resolved quickly by following the steps outlined in the above article. However, if you keep running into the same problem or if your subscription problem has not been resolved using the steps above, make sure to connect with a Professional right now who can assist you in troubleshooting the issue and resolving the error, just send your queries via LIVE CHAT.
What is the procedure for renewing my QuickBooks subscription?
Go to the Gear >> Account and Settings to renew your QuickBooks subscription. Then select Billing & Subscription from the drop-down menu. Finally, select the Subscribe or Renew button in the QuickBooks section.
Is it possible to put your QuickBooks subscription on hold in the meantime?
Unfortunately, there is no way to pause your subscription. You only have the option to cancel it. However, your data is saved for a period of 12 months from the date of cancellation before being deleted.
Is a QuickBooks subscription required to be renewed every year?
Yes, if you purchased a one-year subscription, you have renewed the subscription for future use. Alternatively, you can save money by purchasing a plan with a longer validity period.
Quickbooks showing “sorry it looks like you need a subscription to start using quickbooks” What to do now?
If Your Quickbooks got a message “Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to start using QuickBooks”, ensure you are signed in with the correct account, check the subscription status, and verify your feature access before proceeding.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support