No doubt, QuickBooks has established itself as one of the most reliable accounting applications for conducting day-to-day accounting operations for small and medium-sized enterprises. But it is not something rare for it to receive QuickBooks errors or glitches. QuickBooks Installation Error is among major outfalls of this software that users have reported on both Windows and Mac versions. Even after clicking the QuickBooks or company file icon, this issue prevents QB from starting or from opening and functioning properly.
There could be a variety of reasons why QuickBooks accounting software refuses to open because of a common QuickBooks Installation error.. In this article, we’ll go over some effective methods to tackle Installation Errors which commonly occur in multiple circumstances.
What are some of the possible causes of QuickBooks installation errors?
The QuickBooks error could be caused by one or more of the following factors:
- If you open QuickBooks many times, you can get this issue. If you continually double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, your QB company file will not open correctly.
- It could be caused by the improper method you used to open a specific file type.
- The issue could be with the file’s reports and other windows.
- The installation issue might also occur if you access the company file, folder, zipped, or encrypted file with an incorrect version of QuickBooks.
- This problem can also be caused by incorrect file names and extensions, as well as data corruption.
List of Most Common QuickBooks Installation Errors
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error code 1935
- The QuickBooks Error 1901
- QuickBooks errors which due to corrupt .NET framework
- Unrecoverable QuickBooks Errors
Fixing the Quickbooks Installation Error
Method 1: Verify the windows operating system
The windows operating system plays a major role in the working of QuickBooks. In case, the operating system is not updated or is damaged by any chance then the software will not open correctly or will be damaged. Verify the updates by:
- From the start button search windows updates
- Select check for updates and install all the pending updates for the operating system
- Once the updates are done reboot the system
- Reinstall QuickBooks and confirm its working
Method 2: Start System in Selective Startup Mode
- First of all, go to the Windows start button
- Then open the Run window and type msconfig and press the Enter button
- Inside the general tab click selective startup and load system services and items
- Now go to services > hide all Microsoft services > disable all
- Click the list of services and ensure that the windows explorer checkbox is selected
- Restart the system from Config settings
- In the end, start the installation process
Method 3: QuickBooks installation Tool
- Initially, download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Installation Tool
- Before running the tool, close all the programs which are running
- Run the tool and after that, restart your system
(This might take over 20 minutes to fix the error and regenerate the software)
List of Common QuickBooks Installation Error and their resolutions
If you are familiar with any of these errors and are experiencing them, the procedures listed below can be used. So, without further ado, let’s dive into a quick procedure to overcome these common QuickBooks Installation errors.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
This sort of error could arise when users try to install QB Desktop in a corrupted folder or if the operating system gets damaged. QuickBooks Install Error 1712 might have a negative impact on system performance, necessitating an immediate fix.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
After removing the presently installed software, you need to install the program on a different path instead of the default location to avoid this issue.
For initial troubleshooting, you need to
- Restart your system
- Make use of Task Manager to close all QB version that are running in your background
- And then try once again to install your software.
Let’s try few advanced solutions
Solution 1: Track the software data in the Registry
- First, look for the regedit.exe file
- Next, enter the path named
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders
- Now, click twice on the entry AppData
- After that, you must use the local profile path to update the original value
- Finally, reopen QuickBooks and look for the issues again whether it is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Make use of QuickBooks Tools Hub
Step 1: Run Quick Fix my Program from QB Tools Hub
- First, close all QuickBooks software
- Next, the QuickBooks tool hub file can then be downloaded
- Also, store the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly
- In the previous step, open the downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file)
- Install by following on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- When the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on the Windows desktop to launch it
- Select the program issues in the QuickBooks tools centre
- After that, select Quick fix my program
- In the end, try reinstalling the QB desktop to complete the process.
Step 2: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic program on your computer
- Next, close any background applications that are running
- After that, you should launch the QuickBooks diagnostic application
- The next step is to locate “I’m having trouble installing QuickBooks” and then pick the Ok button
- Finally, restart QuickBooks to complete the process.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1712. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error not enough space?
One such problem is the QuickBooks insufficient disc space error, which occurs when your computer’s installation drive is insufficiently large (generally C:\ drive). Another issue that a user may encounter is the insufficient memory error, which occurs when your computer’s free memory is less than 1 GB. When the user extracts the QB Desktop installer file, QuickBooks throws these installation issues.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error not enough space?
This insufficient disk space error can be fixed by changing the minimum required memory for QuickBooks installation.
Steps to change the System Requirements for QB installation
- Start with pressing the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard to open the Run window
- Next, you need to type %temp% within the open Run text window
- After done with that, press the Enter key or simply hit the Ok button
- Now, find the QuickBooks Desktop folder inside the Temp folder
- Copy and then paste the folder on your desktop
- Open the QB folder and do a double-click on the QuickBooks folder
- After that, locate the Framework.xml file and then perform a right-click on the same
- Moving forward, select the Edit tab to open the file in the text editor
- Now, you’re supposed to press the Ctrl + F keys together followed by typing MinRequirements and then hit the Enter key
- After that, change the number from 1000 to 0 from the line
- <Memory>1000MB</Memory> under <MinRequirements>
- Go to the File menu and click the Save button then close the file
- In the end, double-click on the Setup.exe from the installation folder.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to QuickBooks Install Error not enough space. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1935?
If you see QuickBooks Error Code 1935 on your screen, it signifies you need the .Net framework, a critical Microsoft component for QuickBooks to perform properly. If you don’t have this foundation, you could get a variety of QB errors, including QuickBooks Install Error 1935. When this error occurs, you’ll see a message that says, “QuickBooks needs to be closed as it has faced a problem”.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1935?
Reliable Method: Activate the Selective Startup Mode
- By hitting the Windows and R keys at the same time, the Run Command box will appear
- In the search field, type “msconfig” and press the Ok button
- After that, select Startup >>> General Tab >>> Load System Services >>> Load Startup Items from the Startup menu
- The next step is to select the “Services Tab” option
- After that, make sure to select “Hide all Microsoft services” and “Disable” from the drop-down menu
- After that, uncheck the option to “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Select the list of services, check the Windows Installer Checkbox, and then click the Ok button
- In the system configuration window, select “Restart” and restart the machine
- After that, perform a QuickBooks desktop Clean Install
- Moving forward, hold down the Windows + R keys together and type “msconfig” into the search box and then press the Enter key
- Select Normal starting >> OK on the General tab
- End the process by restating your system.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1935. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1638?
Users come across error code 1638 and give you an error message stating that “Error 1638: Another version of this product is already installed” in QuickBooks Desktop. To fix this problem when installing QuickBooks Desktop, make sure you have the correct version of QuickBooks installed.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1638?
Step 1: Locate your QuickBooks version
- To open the Run command, press Windows+R on your keyboard
- Select the Ok button after typing Control Panel
- Choose from a variety of programs and features
- Select Uninstall a Program if the Control Panel is in Category View
- Check to see if the QuickBooks version you’re installing is included in the list of apps
- Open the software if it is on the list.
Step 2: Start the program
- To get started, go to the Windows Start menu
- After that, go to All Programs and then select the QuickBooks
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks version.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1638. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1326?
QuickBooks Install Error 1326 is usually caused by a damaged file or component, or by the file being stored in an incorrect location. It might also happen if the needed components do not synchronize during the installation of your system’s OS (Operating System). In simple terms, you can say error code 1326 is a Microsoft error. To fix the error, you’ll need to reinstall QuickBooks using a Clean Install.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1326?
Steps involved under a Clean Installation process
Step 1: Get your QuickBooks product information together
- Installer for your QuickBooks version can be found here
- Make a note of your driver’s licence number
- If you bought a digital version, it should be in the original package or in the buy confirmation email
- Make a note of the year and version of your product.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Start menu in Windows
- Then access the Control Panel by searching for “Control Panel”
- Uninstall a program or select Programs and Features
- Select the version of QB Desktop you want to uninstall from the list of apps
- Uninstall/Change, then Remove are the options
- Next should be selected
- If you don’t see this option, sign out of Windows and back in as an administrator (or a user with admin rights).
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop once again
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen
- Accept the software licence agreement before moving on to the next step
- Enter your Product and Licence numbers in the appropriate fields
- Then choose Next
- Choose the best installation method for you
- When it comes to installing QB, you have two options: Express Install, or Custom and Network
- When the installation is complete, choose the Open QB.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1326. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1402?
QuickBooks Install Error 1402 is one of the most common errors you may encounter. When working, installing, or opening QuickBooks desktop or your company file, the error code 1402 is frequently seen. It can also happen if you use the damaged QuickBooks payroll accounting software on a Windows or Mac OS X computer. This error may also appear on your screen if QB software requires a component that is not available due to corrupted Windows files. “Couldn’t open key” is the error message that appears when this error code is encountered.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1402?
There is a tool called QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool developed by Intuit to mainly fix the installation in QB. The steps for the same are pretty simple as it is discussed in the above section. Moreover, this tool is easily downloaded by QuickBooks Tools Hub. most of the time, it will fix the error but in any case, if it fails then you can proceed with any troubleshooting as suggested below.
Try to update Microsoft Windows and Install the missing updates, if any
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left-hand corner of your screen with the Start button on your keyboard
- Check for Updates by searching for it
- Click Check for Updates to see what updates are available
- Moving forward, all pending updates should be installed
- For changes to take effect, restart the computer.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1402. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 1602?
In QuickBooks Desktop, error 1602 is a common installation error. When you try to install QuickBooks on the desktop and any of the Microsoft components do not synchronise with your old OS, you will receive QuickBooks Install Error 1602. There are a number of reasons behind the occurrence of this installation error such as a damaged Microsoft component, QuickBooks installer file not working or might be damaged, security software not allowing the setup of QB.
How to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1602?
Solution 1: Run your QB Component Repair Tool
- Select ignore in the error window, and then continue to finish installing QuickBooks
- There’s no need to launch QuickBooks now; simply restart your computer
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool after downloading it
- Finally, open your QuickBooks or see if you can handle the task yourself.
Solution 2: Fix the Windows Component
If the install Diagnostic tool did not resolve QuickBooks error 1602, you will need to repair specific Windows components.
- Reinstall the MS.Net Framework after resolving the issue.
- MSXML must be corrected.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Error 1602. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install fatal error?
Users encounter QuickBooks Install fatal error when attempting to install a software update QB Desktop Point of Sale. This can be caused by two main reasons including damaged Windows installer file, damaged QuickBooks Desktop POS installation file.
How to fix QuickBooks Install fatal error?
Resolve QuickBooks Install fatal error with these steps:
- To update QB Desktop Point of Sale, go to the Downloads & Updates webpage and download the external patch
- All QBPOS services and processes must be terminated
- Next step is to open the Task Manager
- Navigate to the Processes section
- Locate and terminate the processes listed below:
- Locate and terminate the following service: Database Manager vXX for QBPOS (XX denotes the version of POS)
- To open the Search window, press the Windows tab from your keyboard
- Enter the services.msc
- Look for QBPOS Database Manager vXX in the Services pane (where, XX denotes the version of POS)
- Stop by right-clicking and selecting “Stop” option
- The services window should now be closed
- Delete the update folder’s contents:
- Go to the path named :\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\UPDATE\
- Press CTRL + A keys together and then press the “Delete” key on your keyboard
- Close the Explorer window and use the file you downloaded to update Point of Sale.
If the issue still continues then you’re supposed to perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install Fatal Error. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks installation stuck on ABS pdf driver error?
The installer freezes, stops responding, or gets stuck on the “Installing ABS PDF Driver…” screen while installing QuickBooks Desktop. This could be due to a system malfunction or a sluggish internet connection. It’s critical that this component is installed because QuickBooks relies on ABS PDF to print transactions.
What is QuickBooks installation stuck on ABS pdf driver error?
To resolve QuickBooks installation stuck on ABS pdf driver error, try
Manually run your ABS PDF installer
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
First, you have to make sure that the QB needs to be closed to use the tool hub. Download the most recent version of the tool hub and save it somewhere it is easy to find. Open the file you downloaded named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions. Double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop once the installation is complete.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Any QuickBooks background processes that are open will be closed by the Quick Fix
- With this, it will run a quick repair on your program
- Select Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Quick Fix My Program is the option to choose
- Run is the command to open by pressing Windows + R keys
- Press Enter after typing % TEMP %
- Choose the Temporary folder from the drop-down menu
- Look for the Prx_usXXrX or Enterprise_usXXrX folder
- The “Xs” on this folder represent your QuickBooks’ version, year, and release
- For example, Pro us28r7 appears in QuickBooks Pro 2018 R7
- Then pick ABS from the Third Party folder
- To start the program, double-click ABSPDF412Setup
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to register your licence once the installation is finished.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks installation stuck on ABS pdf driver error. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Windows installer keeps popping up?
The QuickBooks Windows installer keeps popping up when you’re trying to open directly from the applications folder the QBW32.exe file. However, using the installer tool will open the file ok until you close and try to re-open. It’s fine if this is done with your consent and knowledge because you might be installing, uninstalling, or repairing software. However, if it isn’t, you’ll need to do more research.
How to fix QuickBooks Windows installer keeps popping up?
Terminate the process manually to fix QuickBooks Windows installer keeps popping up
Manually terminate the process and check to see if it reappears in the current session or on restart. To do so, right-click on the Taskbar and pick Task Manager from the drop-down menu. The msiexec.exe process can be found under the Process tab. End the task by right-clicking on it. The Windows Installer process will be terminated as a result of this action.
If it doesn’t amend the error then check for Windows Installer version
Make sure you have the most recent version of Windows Installer. Select Properties >>> Details from the right-click menu on msiexec.exe in the System32 folder. Here you can check the version of your Windows Installer.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Windows installer keeps popping up. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks installation migrator tool not working?
Users require a migrator tool in reinstalling or moving QB Desktop to another system. But it happens several times that the QuickBooks installation migrator tool not working because of the speed of your computer, internet, or the size of your company file. If the migration tool does not work for you, you can use the manual download to reinstall QuickBooks on the new machine. Simply verify that you have the most recent backup copy of the company file.
How to fix QuickBooks installation migrator tool not working?
Follow the steps below to install the application on your new computer:
- To acquire the download link, go to the Downloads & Updates page
- Select your country, product, and version from the drop-down menu
- Select Search from the drop-down menu
- Click the Download option to begin the process.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks installation migrator tool not working. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1321?
When you try to install a QuickBooks company file, you’ll get QuickBooks Error 1321. “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the company file”, an error notification on your computer when this error occurs. In other words, when the installer is unable to write any specific files owing to a lack of permissions or another permission-related issue, QuickBooks error code 1321 usually pop up. Also, depending on the installation, the path that appears in the error message may differ.
How to fix QuickBooks Install error 1321?
Temporarily turning off the Antivirus and reinstalling or updating it may fix the error
Let’s see how:
- Disable your antivirus and other security applications on your computer temporarily
- Install QuickBooks Desktop or update to the most recent version
- You have first download the latest version of QB
- Search for the QuickBooks.exe file in the location where you downloaded all of the files
- Follow the on-screen instructions after double-clicking the above-mentioned file
- Click the Next button after you’ve read the software licence agreement
- Now, enter the Product key and Licence number that came with the software when you bought it
- By clicking Next, the installation process starts
- After the installation done successfully, you’re supposed to activate your software as well
- Finally, restart the system as well as your Security or antivirus software
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1321. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1335?
Popping up of QuickBooks Install Error 1335 indicates that the cabinet file (data1.cab) needed for ongoing installation is corrupt or damaged. Furthermore, the cabinet file (2), which is a critical file for this installation, is inaccessible. QB error 1335 is a Windows error that occurs when updating or fixing accounting software. When upgrading QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation, you may get one of the following Microsoft Windows errors:
Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.
Error 1335: The cabinet file  required for this installation cannot be used.
How to fix QuickBooks Install error 1335?
Try cleaning the temporary folder
- The system must be rebooted and then logged in with administrator rights
- You must go to the directory described as “For Windows 8, 7 or Vista:
“C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Temp”
- Furthermore, you must clear temporary files in Windows 10, if you’re using.
If clearing the temp file won’t work out then you can try manually to fix the error code 1335.
The steps involved:
- With admin permissions, restart your system
- In addition, insert the QuickBooks installation disc and, if the installation window appears, close it
- By typing Windows + E keys on your keyboard, you can now open the Windows Explorer
- Open the C drive in the next step
- All you have to do now is right-click on the QuickBooks folder and select the copy tab
- You’d also have to paste the folder into your Windows desktop
- Return to the QuickBooks folder at the same time
- You’ll need to do the same thing with the third-party folder as well
- You’ll need to open the QuickBooks folder from the desktop later
- After you’ve completed the above procedures, you should double-click the .exe file
- This will undoubtedly get rid of the error.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1335. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1920?
The QuickBooks error 1920 (QBCFMonitorService) indicates that the QuickBooks database server manager could not be opened. This issue occurs when the database server manager is unable to connect to company files because he or she cannot access a hard drive on the desktop. You can end up with QuickBooks Install error 1920 if your operating system malfunctions or if the installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks fails.
How to fix QuickBooks Install error 1920?
If you’re getting this error to install or update QB:
If you’re trying to install a new version of QuickBooks or update an existing one, follow these steps.
Step 1: Uninstall your QuickBooks Desktop
- Search for and launch the Control Panel by pressing Windows key + S
- Uninstall a program or select Programs and Features
- From the list of installed apps, choose QuickBooks Desktop [version]
- Follow the onscreen steps after selecting Uninstall/Change.
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
- Go to the folders that contain the installation files
- Take a look at the graph below:
|Windows 7/8/10||Windows Vista|
|C:\ProgramData\IntuitC:\ProgramData\Common Files\IntuitC:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\IntuitC:\Program Files\IntuitC:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Intuit||C:\ProgramData\IntuitC:\ProgramData\Common Files\IntuitC:\Users\\AppData\Local\IntuitC:\Program Files\IntuitC:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
- To open the run command, hit Windows key + R on your keyboard
- Enter the folder’s location (or copy and paste it), then press Enter
- Choose Rename from the context menu when you right-click the folder
- .OLD should be used to rename the folder.
Step 3: Install your QuickBooks Desktop
You can now install QuickBooks Desktop after you’ve completed steps 1 and 2.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1920. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1646?
If you’re installing QuickBooks Desktop Premier on a computer that already has a Premier installation from the same year, or if you’re installing QuickBooks Accountant on a computer that already has a Premier installation from the same year, you’ll receive this prompt.
“Error 1646 installing quickbooks.msi uninstallation of the update package is not supported”.
To fix this, you’ll need to Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop before installing QuickBooks Desktop Premier or Accountant.
How to fix QuickBooks Install error 1646?
The below steps are outlined to perform a Clean Install process
Step 1: Gather all the information related to QuickBooks product
- You’ll need to get the installer for your QuickBooks version
- Make sure, you have the licence number
- Make a note of the year and version of the product.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- To uninstall QuickBooks, go to the Start menu and search for the Control panel, which you should open
- The following step is to select programs and features, or to uninstall a software
- Choose the QuickBooks desktop version with which you’re having problems
- After that, you must select uninstall or change, then remove followed by hitting the “Next” button.
Step 3: Manually rename the QB installation folder
The next step is to rename the folders manually to reflect the hidden files and then rename the folder location. This can be accomplished by adding .old at the end of the folder names and that’s it. This action will allow you to prevent QuickBooks from recognizing the folder when you create a new one. Now move to the final stage.
Step 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
After you’ve completed the above procedures, you should reinstall QuickBooks and see if the problem still exists.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1646. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1325?
QuickBooks Install error 1325 comes with an error message that says “Documents is not a valid short file name”. It can occur if the path to the My Documents folder is incorrect. To fix this issue, update the default location of the My Documents folder.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1325?
The steps to update the default location vary by Windows operating system. The steps are for Windows 10:
- Start with clicking the Windows Start menu, then navigate to File Explorer
- Do a right-click on the Documents, and select the Properties option
- After that, click on the Location option
- In the Target field, perform one of these options:
- Enter the path to the folder location (C:\Users\username\Documents), then click the Ok button
- Or just simply click Restore Default and click ok.
After updating the default location, you must also change the path in the registry.
Steps to update the registry:
Note: Before making any registry modifications, ensure that you have a current and valid backup of the registry and the virtual machine.
- Again you have to first, press the Windows Start button from your keyboard
- Select the Run option followed by typing regedit and then hit the Ok button
- Next, you have to navigate to:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- After that, change the My Documents path to: C:\Users\username\Documents
Important Note: In Windows 7, Windows 2008, and Windows Vista, change the Documents path to %userprofile%\My Document.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install exe adaptor error?
The EXEAdapter.exe error is most commonly caused by a missing or damaged Microsoft.net framework on your Windows operating system. It usually occurs during the installation or upgrade of QuickBooks Desktop. The EXEAdapter problem in QB Desktop can be caused by a variety of technical reasons such as outdated Microsoft .NET Framework, accidental deletion of framework.xml file, partial or corrupt installation of Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install exe adaptor error?
Solution 1: Make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can help you diagnose and fix installation issues in QuickBooks Desktop. It can also restore damage to Microsoft components including C++, MSXML, and the Microsoft.NET Framework, which are essential for the QB installation.
Solution 2: Add .OLD at the end of Framework.xml file
- Go to the C drive and look for the QuickBooks Folder
- Right-click the Framework.xml file and choose Rename from the drop-down menu
- Next, you have to add .old to the end of the file name and save the changes.
Try reinstalling QuickBooks again and check if the EXEAdapter error in QuickBooks persists.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1904?
This issue occurs when you install QuickBooks desktop on your computer and it becomes unstable, or if any essential company files are missing from the database. When this error occurs, the following error message may appear on your screen: “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1904?
Try changing Windows Account Settings to quickly repair the error code 1904
To do so, you have the steps discussed below:
Step 1: To make a few changes, switch to the Windows Administrator account
- On the keyboard or on the screen, press the Windows start button
- In the search bar, type in CMD
- Perform right-click the CMD run (command prompt app) icon in the options list and select run as an administrator
- In the command window, type “net user administrator/active:yes” and then press the enter key
- Close the command window once the command is finished
- To sign out, go to the Windows start menu and select sign out
- The final step is to go to the administrator account and try to log in there (It’s possible that you won’t need a password to log in).
Step 2: Changing to the built-in administrator account
- To switch users on Windows, click Ctrl + Alt + delete and select switch user
- Go to the windows tab and then to the upper right of the screen to the user icon
- At a time, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys altogether and then select the default admin account icon
Step 3: Signing out and reinstalling QuickBooks
- If specific installation instructions for QB Desktop are necessary, you should follow these steps. Any existing company file data should not be affected.
- After that, go to the Start menu in Windows and sign out of the administrator account
- The next step is to log in using your regular user account
- Open the start menu in Windows and then in the search bar, type in CMD as well
- Now, run as an administrator by right-clicking the CMD run icon
- Finally, in the command window, type net user admin/ active:no and press enter. If you can open QuickBooks with a regular account, the problem should be resolved.
Step 4: Changing the permissions of a user
- The first step is to access the Start menu in Windows
- In the search box, type file explorer, and then launch the file explorer
- Then look for the C:\Program Files\Common Files
- After that, make a right-click on the Common files folder and go to the properties tab
- Additionally, go to the security tab and select the Edit option
- Next, go to the “Users in the group or user names” section
- Then, in the permissions for users area, enable the following permissions: Modify, Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, write
- In the end, select Apply followed by pressing the Ok button.
Step 5: Perform installation of QuickBooks on your computer
- You’ll have to reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- Switch to the original user login after installing QuickBooks accounting software.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1904. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1500?
The error code 1500 is an installation failure error which may occur when users are trying to install a new program or software on your system. When the error occurs, it gives you an “Error 1500: Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one”. It can happen either if the installation was aborted in between, or even when the installation was completed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1500?
There are several solutions that can assist you in resolving Error 1500 on your PC. To begin, simply restart your computer to resolve the problem. Restarting the computer is a common approach that may or may not resolve the problem. If it don’t resolve the issue then,
Try closing Background Installer Process
- To open Windows Task Manager, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons on your keyboard
- Go to the Details tab in the window
- A list of currently running Background Processes can be seen here
- Look for processes named installer.exe, setup.exe, or msiexec.exe in the list
- If any of these processes are running, right-click on them and select End Process from the menu
- After the installer’s background task is completed, try to install the program you were trying to install.
This will almost certainly resolve your problem.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1500. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1603?
Error code 1603 is an installation error that may occur when one or more other applications are running in the background while updating the QuickBooks software. The main reasons are the damaged Microsoft Windows installer, Virus and Malware attack, etc. When this error occurs you may see one of the following error message on your desktop screen:
- Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.
A window that would read the following error message may appear on your screen:
“Install Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework.”
“Install Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework while installing QuickBooks.”
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1603?
To overcome this error, you can attempt to disable Antivirus software
- On the keyboard or on the desktop screen, press the Start button
- Navigate to Settings, then Update & Security, Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection, and Manage Settings/Virus & Threat Protection Settings
- Turn off “Real Time Protection” if it’s on
- You will still be able to execute scheduled scans if you do this
- Because files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned until the next scan is scheduled or you do it manually, this step may help you fix and avoid QuickBooks issues.
If you’re unable to sort out the error using the above steps, then you’re required to reinstall the QuickBooks for Microsoft .NET Framework.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1603. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1303?
When installing QB Desktop, an error prompts: Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\…\Intuit”. This can occur if either the SYSTEM group or the Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges for the directory mentioned in the error. You can fix it by running QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool and the process for the same is already discussed in the above section, you can easily go through them.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1303?
Or if the tool did not resolve the issue then you can try to manually resolve the QuickBooks install Error 1303. Fix it manually,
Simply by editing the permissions for appropriate folders
For the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users, manually modify permissions to Full Control for the SYSTEM and Everyone groups. Here’s how:
- To open the Run window, hit the Windows + R keys on your keyboard
- Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ in the Open field and then click Ok
- The contents of the folder are displayed in a window that are open
- Click Organize >>> Properties in the Folder window
- On the top ribbon of the folder window, select the “Properties” tab
- Go to the Security tab in the Properties box
- Now, move to the Advanced tab and then select the Edit option
- Double-click the SYSTEM user from the list of Permission entries
- In the Allow column, choose the checkbox for the Full Control row followed by clicking on the “Ok” button
- Steps should be repeated with the Everyone group as well, if it exists
- After that, check the checkbox named “ Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object”
- In the end, you have to hit “Ok” in both the window named “Advanced Settings” and again “COMMON FILES Properties as well
- Finally, you have to try reinstalling your QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1303. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 311?
QuickBooks installation error 311 is mostly seen when upgrading to QB 2019 version. There is a tool in QuickBooks designed to automatically diagnose and fix installation errors. Let’s get started with downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Moreover, this hub provides many tools for resolving common software issues or glitches.
How to fix QuickBooks Install error 311?
The following are the steps to follow:
- The very first, make sure that QuickBooks should be closed
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (220.127.116.11) is available for download
- Save the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- When the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it
- Select Installation Issues after the QuickBooks Tool Hub is available
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool by clicking on it.
After running the tool, confirm that the components are successfully updated by restarting your system.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1618?
The QuickBooks error 1618 is frequently encountered when attempting to install QuickBooks Desktop on your system. You may get such an issue while installing or updating programs. There is an error message associated with this “Error: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library.
Error 1618: “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING” error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs.” This issue can also occur if many windows installer instances are operating at the same time, blocking the installation process.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1618?
Several times, updating the version of windows installer fix the error
- To get started, you must first log in as System Admin
- Additionally, check to see if the Windows installer has been updated
- Moving forward, move to “My Computer” tab
- Right-click the exe file in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and then select Properties
- Select the properties as well as the version
- You’ll discover all the information about the Windows installer’s version later on
- If updates are available, install them
- Finally, restart your system.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1618. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install error 1334?
A missing or damaged QB Desktop installation file or a corrupted .NET Framework may cause the QuickBooks Install error 1334. When the error occurs, you’ll receive one of the following error messages that say;
- Error 1334: Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory.
- Error 1334: The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install error 1334?
Attempt one of the following methods depending on when you encountered the error code 1334:
If you receive error while starting or opening QuickBooks, try the following steps:
- Locate and open the QB company file
Important note: It should have the file extension .qbw
- Perform double-click on the [company file name].qbw file.
But you receive error while updating or repairing QB
You’re supposed to perform a Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop. The steps involving:
- First, you need to gather all the QB product related informations
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop in the next step
- Try reinstalling the software again using the usual installation steps.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 1334. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Install Error 61686?
The QuickBooks Error Code 61686 is one of the most often encountered errors during QuickBooks installation. In most cases, this problem is caused by a corrupt Framework.xml file. If the Framework.xml file, which is essential for .NET installation, is damaged or corrupt, it will prevent the .NET Framework from being installed on your computer, resulting in error 61686 in QuickBooks. When you face the EXE Adapter error, also known as error 61686 on Windows, you will see an error message stating that,
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. EXEAdapter error: InstallExe method received the system error from create process, command-“c:\user\asaeed\appdata\local\temp\premier_us27r1\ thirdparty\dotnet46\ndp46-kb3045557-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe”\q\norestart\chainingpackage QuickBooks system message – The component store has been corrupted”.
How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error 61686?
Reinstalling .NET Framework manually resolves the error 61686 in most cases
- Start with pressing the Windows + keys together from your keyboard to open the Run window
- Next, you have to type Appwiz.cpl command and then hit the Enter key
- Now, go to the Program and Features tab and locate then click on the Microsoft .NET Framework
- After that, click on the “Uninstall/Change” option
- Once the uninstallation process is successfully done then restart your system
- Go back to the Programs and Features window and select Add/Remove Windows Features from the left side panel
- To extend the list of apps, select the Microsoft.Net Framework
- Select Ok after checking the first and second checkboxes
- To completely uninstall the MS framework installation, follow the instructions as they appear on the screen
- Download and install the most recent version of Microsoft after deleting the prior installation .NET Framework version 4.8
- Finally, restart your computer and reopen QuickBooks Integration Manager.
Note: Hope you've resolved this issue, if not then visit the dedicated article on how to fix QuickBooks Install error 61686. Aslo, if you're looking for an expert advice then feel free to connect with our experts via Instant Chat option by clicking Button below.
What is QuickBooks Installation interrupted?
QuickBooks installation interrupted by multiple installation errors 1722, 1603, 1903, and 1904 only if the Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged/corrupted or outdated, or if other Windows components such as MSXML and C++ are outdated. Updating Windows with the most recent updates will cure any issues caused by obsolete Windows components, and you will be able to easily resolve QuickBooks installer errors such as 1722, 1603, 1903, and 1904.
How to fix QuickBooks Installation interrupted?
You can also resolve QuickBooks Installation interrupted using the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool was created by Intuit to address issues that prevent the installation of QuickBooks Desktop and malfunctions during the installation. When you run the Install Diagnostic Tool, it will correct all of the required installation files and components for QuickBooks to install and execute.
- Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub’s official download page
- On your computer’s desktop, save the Tool Hub installation file
- Double-click the downloaded file from the desktop once it has finished downloading
- To complete the installation, follow the program installer’s instructions
- Select QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool from the Installation Issues tab in Tool Hub
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will automatically check and rectify any installation issues, although it may take some time depending on your computer’s performance
- Restart Windows when the QB Install Diagnostic Tool has finished resolving the QuickBooks installation error and try installing QuickBooks again.
Winding-up! Employing any of the above methods can be of great help in tackling the common QuickBooks installation error. However, a situation might arise when none of the above methods might work. In such a situation, need not panic just leave your queries on the LIVE CHAT box by visiting www.BigXperts.com and the Experts team will provide the best possible resolutions to rectify your queries.
How to fix QuickBooks desktop installation errors?
To fix quickbooks desktop installation errors, one needs to;
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop installer from the Intuit website.
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Antivirus and firewall software can sometimes interfere with the QuickBooks Desktop installation process. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software.
- If the installation error persists, try renaming the installation files to remove any special characters or spaces.
- If you are still experiencing installation errors, try installing QuickBooks Desktop in Safe Mode.
- QuickBooks provides an Install Diagnostic Tool that can help identify and resolve installation errors. You can download the tool from the Intuit website and run it to scan your system for issues.
- If none of the above steps resolve the installation error, you can contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support