In QuickBooks Desktop, you can make new custom templates for forms like sales receipts, invoices, estimates, purchase orders, and statements. You can also customize the templates as your according to how they view and what type of information to include. If you find any kind of error while doing this, no need to worry, the given information helps to repair the form template but accessible for the QB 2016 edition.
QuickBooks is quite a common name, especially in the market of accounting software. Designed by Intuit, as a bridge to fill the gap between business owners and accounting of business finances, QuickBooks has reached at all time high position and is continuing to remain on the top with its innovative and powerful features. Aside from being highly professional, QuickBooks also offers user friendly interface and easy to understand navigation of the software that makes it quite popular with novice computer users and fresher accountants.
Features like intelligent reporting have garnered much attention from the financial professionals like bookkeepers, accountants and managers. These reports and forms can be designed manually or templates provided can be used. The form templates include formats for Sales order and receipts, Invoices, Estimates and Purchase orders. You can locate these templates by clicking on the ‘List’ tab from the menu bar and then selecting ‘Templates’ option. It consists of customizable templates designed by Intuit and you.
These templates are also error prone and at times get damaged which makes working with them difficult. You can try to repair those templates using Rebuild data and Verify Data application. However, there is no guarantee that the tools will be able to locate and repair the damaged templates.
Another option is to repair them manually using the instructions enumerated below:
Step for Repair a Form Template in Quickbooks
- Go to Menu bar on you dashboard and select ‘Lists’ tab followed by ‘Templates’ option.
- Select the damaged template form and right click on it. Now click on the arrow on the bottom left side.
- From the drop down menu select Duplicate option.
- Now move to Select Template Type option and choose your template as per your preference. Then click on OK.
- After this double click on the copied template which opens up the Basic Customization window.
- You will see Advanced Customization option at the bottom of the current window.
- Now select Default button located at bottom-center of the advanced customization window – This ensures that all the modified actions on the templates are removed and it is reset to default format.
- Now click on OK button in the Advanced Customization Window.
- Again click on OK tab on the Basic Customization Window.
- Now to see if the issues is resolved or not. For this test the default template and try to create any form. If you do not face any issues, you can create the template by using the copy option
Need Professional Help?
If you still face the issue you should contact the customer support of QuickBooks or the company Intuit itself. At times due to long queue you might not be able to get in touch with the support in time. In such case you can contact accountingerrors.co through their Toll Free Number 📞+ for prompt and responsive support.
See Also – Getting QuickBooks Backup Error or Problems
How would I be able to change the QuickBooks statement template?
Hit the first click on the Gear icon (upper right corner of the website). Then, hit the click on the “Custom Form Styles” from the company drop-down menu. Go to the Edit link of the standard template. Open the Design tab, choose the “Make Logo Edits to expand” Enter the next click on the box to upload your logo. Then, select the size and Placement and click Done to finish the process.
How to customize form templates in Quickbooks?
The first thing you have to do to choose the type of form you would like to customize. Then open the form and choose the Formatting tab then click on the “Manage Templates”. Now, you have to choose the template to preview. After that, choose the copy option to make a new template or click on the OK button to make new edits to the template.
Where are QuickBooks templates stored?
In QuickBooks accounting software, you can save invoice templates .DES files. In that way, you can quickly locate the .DES files on your system to find where they are saved.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support