Understanding of QuickBooks payroll options completely is complex. The different payroll services offered by Intuit in terms of options (full, basic & enhanced) are different. While making a purchase of payroll add-on for their QuickBooks software the users are very much confused. There are three different types of QuickBooks payroll subscription plans.
Types QuickBooks Payroll Options or subscriptions
1. Full Service Payroll
This QuickBooks payroll subscription price is at $99 per month and $2 per employee month. The software facilitates filing tax forms 941, 940, w-2, and RT6. The paychecks are generated by the client through online by using the hours or gross pay, the system calculates the with holdings and can either print or direct deposit the paychecks, client can e-pay taxes via the system. The full payroll service is completely based on cloud.
By choice if you are using QuickBooks Desktop version and looking for the full service from Intuit for filing tax & filling forms while having all the Payroll features inside QuickBooks. You can go with QuickBooks Assisted Payroll software that has the subscription cost of $99 per month and $2 per employee/per pay-period.
2. Enhanced Payroll
This payroll subscription costs $35 per month and $2 per employee per month. The user can perform paper filing or e-filing of the tax forms that the software initiates to prepare and e-file automatically. The client generates the paychecks by using the hours or gross pay, the system calculates the with holdings and can either print or direct deposit the paychecks, client can e-pay taxes via the system.
3. Basic Payroll
This payroll option costs $25 per month and $2 per employee per month. The user can perform paper filing in the tax forms. The client generates the paychecks considering the hours or gross pay, the system calculates the with holdings and can either print or direct deposit the paychecks, client pay taxes manually or sends a check to the government.
These payroll services or options have different features depending on whether these are added to QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Mac, or QuickBooks for Windows. Below is the explanation according the QuickBooks version used:
With QuickBooks for Windows (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise)
The payroll operations are performed within QuickBooks; time sheets can be converted into paychecks can be imported and used to create paychecks that play an important role in job costing. If you need to job cost working with the Windows version of QuickBooks with payroll is a must.
Choose QuickBooks Assisted Payroll at $99 per month and $2 per employee as it comprises of all the features and also get assistance from Intuit.
- If you file your own forms and pay taxes electronically through the QuickBooks Product, then the Enhanced payroll software is the best option. The user can perform the same within in-product to retain all the job costing capabilities.
- If you need all the job costing tools, also have a third party accountant taking care of your payroll compliance then the QuickBooks Basic Payroll is the best choice.
- With QuickBooks Mac, or without QuickBooks, the payroll options are 100% web based with the same product described above: Intuit Full Service Payroll, Intuit Enhanced Online Payroll, Intuit Basic Payroll.
- If you are using QuickBooks Online and need payroll, you should consider the built-in Payroll feature within QuickBooks Online or Intuit Full Service Payroll. If you use the Payroll feature within QuickBooks Online, you can create paychecks, and e-file and e-pay payroll taxes all within a single system.
Need Professional Help?
If you have queries related to the smart back office and how QuickBooks can help you better then you can contact QuickBooks customer support number. It is prompt and active round the clock. At times when you fail to connect with the QB customer support number you can switch to trusted third party QuickBooks Consulting agencies like Accountingerrors.com. It hires trained QB professionals who accord assistance to fix the issue in the first call itself. Dial the toll free QuickBooks Payroll Support number 📞+ and connect to garner immediate resolution.
Related Post – Troubleshoots QuickBooks Payroll Pay Stub Error
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support