QuickBooks subscription is inactive or expired then it requires reactive or update credit card. Once users receive an error message then they may not have the option to utilize QuickBooks and introduce its updates. To get rid of this error it is required to refresh credit card information and check web connectivity. When users attempting to use or install updates for QB Desktop then they receive the following error message:
Your QuickBooks subscription has expired or lapsed.
Sorry! It looks like your subscription has got expired or lapsed.
Users must purchase a subscription to access the QuickBooks functions to become a member. The subscription grants you access to the QuickBooks desktop for a limited time. A person cannot access the QuickBooks programs or update files or data unless they have a subscription. People are receiving subscription expiry notifications for unknown reasons. These types of alerts have the potential to completely disable your QuickBooks access. Users encountered a variety of causes for the Error message indicating that their QuickBooks subscription had expired. However, with some guidance and following the proper procedure, you may be able to fix the Error and eliminate subscription errors. Error Reporting Oh no! Your QuickBooks subscription appears to have expired for unknown reasons.
QuickBooks Desktop is a highly used application that does not require any introduction. Its accuracy and features have quickly gained popularity among users. It is the number one choice in the financial application department, so it has a subscription package. The subscription allows the user to use the application for a set period for a set fee. When the application is unable to verify the user’s subscription, it displays the error message “QuickBooks subscription has lapsed.”
It simply means that the application was unable to verify the user’s active subscription and will no longer allow the user to access or update the application. It will prompt the user with standard solutions such as updating the credit card information used for the payment method or any issues with the internet connection. Even after those two methods have been exhausted, the Error remains unresolved. As a result, you will need additional assistance to resolve it.
To reactivate your subscription, please do one of the following:
- Please reconnect your computer to the internet and try again.
- Alternatively, you can change your credit card information on our profile page.
- The subscription is required for verification during the installation of updates in QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks does not verify the subscription, you are not permitted to download any updates or processes from the application.
- Furthermore, if you exit QuickBooks, it may refuse to let you in again due to a subscription error.
- A message appears on the screen: “Sorry, it appears that you require a subscription to begin using QuickBooks.”
Possible reasons for Subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop
Here are all the possible reasons that you can consider it as one of the reasons behind your subscription error.
Have a look at it:
- Misconfigured internet browser or internet connection is not stable
- Problem with the router
- Outdated details of the credit card so that QuickBooks may unable to renew your subscription
- Using older QuickBooks subscription
Solutions to Fix a subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop
Check out the reliable and efficacious solutions to repair this subscription error.
Solution 1: Update the billing info
In case, you recently change your business credit cards or accounts then you might need to update your payments related details for the subscription.
Here are the steps involved:
- Firstly, sign in to the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPs) as an Admin user
- Thereafter click on the QuickBooks Desktop from your products and services
- Next, select the Edit option in the payment information section
- update all the related information once done then click on the Save & Close option
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop
- After that go to the Help menu and over Manage My License
- Lastly, select Sync License Data Online
If the error still exists then try solution 2.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Initially, go to QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and open it
- Next, select and click on the tab named “Installation issues”
- Now, click on the Install Diagnostic Tool (this can repair any Windows files related error that needs to run QuickBooks Desktop)
If the error still appears the subscription error even after using the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub then it is recommended to try the further solution.
Solution 3: Restore the product and license file
- Collect all the product and license information if you don’t have it with you
- After that close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows Start Button from your keyboard
- Type run in the appear search box and click on the same
- Next, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit enter button
- In case, it doesn’t open a folder then type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead of that
- Search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click on it
- Select delete option and click Yes to confirm deleting the file
- Now, try to open QuickBooks Desktop and the company fie as well
- Perform the on-screen appear instructions in order to register QuickBooks once again with your product and license information.
Solution 4: Download and install the most recent QuickBooks updates:
When opening QuickBooks, an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop can cause subscription errors such as “subscription has lapsed.” As a result, it’s critical to install the most recent QuickBooks Desktop updates. Most of the time, an update is all that is required to resolve the QuickBooks subscription error. However, if the Subscription in QuickBooks Desktop has lapsed or can’t verify subscription error persists even after updating the QuickBooks Desktop application to the most recent maintenance release, you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 5: Verify the settings of Internet connection
If a subscription error still appears; QuickBooks Desktop may require you to change the Internet connection settings. Follow the detailed steps to verify the settings of your Internet connection:
- Select the Internet Connection setup from the Help menu
- Next, select “Use the Internet connection settings of my computer to establish a connection when that application accesses the Internet”
- Then click on the Next
- Now select and click on the “Advanced Connection Settings”
- After that select the Ok button
- Then click on the done option.
Resolving the Subscription Has Lapsed Error:
We will now try to fix the problem:
Method 1: In CAMP, update the billing information:
CAMP is another name for the Customer Account Management Portal. It is where you can change the billing information for your application. The following are the steps for updating billing information in the CAMP portal.
- Open your browser to https:camps.intuit.com and log in with your credentials.
- To the subscription or product that requires a payment method change.
- Navigate to Product Details and select Billing Information.
- Click the Edit button, and then enter your new billing information.
- After that, save the billing information and then close it.
- Now launch QuickBooks and go to File > Sync License Data Online.
Method 2: Update the QuickBooks application:
- We will update the QuickBooks application to the most recent release using this method.
- Before beginning the update process, close any open company files.
- From the menu bar, select the Help option and then the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- A new window will appear. Select the Update Now tab and check the boxes next to Essentials, New Features, Maintenance Releases, Help, and Accountant.
- Install the Update by selecting the Install Now option if prompted.
- When it’s finished, look again for the Error.
Method 3: Remove the .ECML file:
The QuickBooks application contains several encrypted files. One such file contains information about your subscription; if it is damaged, this Error may appear on your screen. As a result, we will delete this corrupted file. You can do so by:
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application as well as any QuickBooks processes.
- By pressing Win + R on your keyboard, open the run command and type C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6) in the box.
- When you press enter, the location will be displayed in the system explorer.
- In it, look for Entitlement DataStore.ecml.
- Once found, right-click on it and select Delete.
Fix Error: Before installing QuickBooks Desktop, confirm your subscription:
Find out what to do if you receive a subscription error while installing or updating your QuickBooks Enterprise Solution.
Don’t worry if you encounter one of these errors when installing or updating your product. We’re here to assist you.
- Error: Please wait while we verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop.
- Error: It appears that you require a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop:
- Error: We’re sorry, but it appears that you need a subscription to use QuickBooks Desktop.
If you receive this error on a workstation, it could indicate a problem with a Windows user or a third-party app. They may prevent you from running QuickBooks. You may also encounter issues with the.NET Framework installation. If the error occurs on all computers, contact support. Follow the solutions in the order shown for best results.
Make sure to do the following before proceeding with any of the steps below:
- Check the status of your QuickBooks Enterprise subscription.
- Use the most recent install file from the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page.
- Do not use the original installation file.
Solution 1: Clear the Internet Explorer cache
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- If the menu bar does not appear, press Alt on your keyboard.
- Select Reset or Restore Defaults from the Advanced tab.
- Choose Apply, then OK.
Solution 2: From the Tool Hub, launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
Step 1: Get the QuickBooks Tools Hub and install it
The QuickBooks Tools Hub assists in the correction of common errors. To use the tool hub, QuickBooks must be closed.
The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in the correction of common errors. To use the tool hub, you must first close QuickBooks. We recommend using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit for the best experience.
- Close the QuickBooks app.
- Download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version (126.96.36.199). Save the file somewhere accessible (such as your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you’ve previously installed Tool Hub, you can determine which version you have. Choose the Home tab. The latest version will be at the bottom.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it.
Note: If you can’t find the icon, search for QuickBooks Tool Hub in Windows and select the program.
Step 2: Open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- Select Installation Problems from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool should be selected.
- When the Diagnostic Tool finishes, click OK.
- Open your data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
If the problem persists, proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Turn off the firewall and/or antivirus software manually
- Switch off your firewall.
- Deactivate your anti-virus software.
- Please keep in mind that your antivirus program may require specific permissions to make changes. Some antivirus software may be difficult to operate.
- Locate the third-party antivirus icon in the system tray, which is located at the bottom right of the Desktop screen.
- Disable the icon by right-clicking on it.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop again, or re-run the update.
Solution 4: Make a new Windows Administrator account
- Make a Windows administrator user.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop again, or re-run the update.
Solution 5: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
- Take the steps outlined in QuickBooks Desktop should be installed in Selective Startup mode.
Solution 6: Install certificates
- Search the following URL: Go to to learn more.
- Choose the padlock icon from the address bar.
- View Certificates should be selected.
- Select the Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA – G4 item in the Certification Path tab.
- Choose View Certificate, then Install Certificate.
- The Certificate Import Wizard appears. To import, use the default settings.
- When you see the window that shows a successful import, click OK.
- Close the certificate windows before attempting to install or update again.
Using Internet Explorer:
To finish the installation and import, follow these instructions:
- Select the Tools menu, then Internet Options.
- Select Content, then Certificates.
- Choose Intermediate Certification Authorities.
- Find and select Symantec Class 3 Server CA – G4 from the list of available options.
- Select View Certificate and then Install.
- Retry the installation or update.
Get in touch with technical experts
So, the above mentioned are all the possible solutions to fix a subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop that are easy to perform. In case, if you still experience the same error then need to get in touch with QuickBooks technical experts. As the service is available 24*7, so you can reach out then anytime via email or live chat as well.
1. How do I correct a QuickBooks error?
Open Internet Explorer. Navigate to the Tools menu, then Internet Options. Note: If the menu bar does not appear, press the Alt key on your keyboard. Choose Reset or Restore Defaults from the Advanced menu. Select Apply and then OK. The QuickBooks Tools Hub assists in resolving common errors. QuickBooks must be closed before using the tool hub.
2. How do I repair QuickBooks error 6123 H202?
Get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (188.8.131.52) to help you fix these errors and issues: 6123 H202 Company file issues Problems or errors with the installation Errors in network configuration PDF and printing errors QuickBooks is crashing Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in resolving common errors.
3. Why am I unable to update QuickBooks Desktop?
Rerun the QuickBooks Desktop update. Check your Internet Connection Settings Your internet connection could be causing update problems. Open a web browser and go to Chase banking to test your secure internet connection. If you can’t access the Chase banking page, you won’t receive QuickBooks updates.
4. What is the procedure for reinstalling QuickBooks?
Use the most recent install file from the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page. Do not use the original installation file. Start Internet Explorer. Select Internet Options from the Tools menu. If the menu bar does not appear, press Alt on your keyboard. Select Reset or Restore Defaults from the Advanced tab. Choose Apply, then OK.
5. How do I troubleshoot a subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the Help menu and select Manage My License.
- Then click the Sync License Data Online button.
- If the subscription error persists, try solution Install the most recent update for your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- This frequently resolves subscription issues. It ensures that you have the most recent features and fixes.
6. Why is my payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop not working?
Incorrect internet connection configuration. A firewall setting in QuickBooks Desktop that prevents payroll updates. Restart your computer after closing all your company files. Open QuickBooks, navigate to Employees, then My Payroll Service, and finally Manage Service Key. Your Service Name and Status should be correct, and the status will be Active.
7. Why has my QuickBooks subscription lapsed?
You may receive the message QuickBooks enterprise subscription has lapsed due to damage in the product registration file. Installation issues can also result in the QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed error. QuickBooks subscription issues can occur for a variety of reasons, and thus the troubleshooting methods will vary.
8. Why am I receiving a subscription error when installing QuickBooks Desktop?
If you receive the subscription error when installing or updating your QuickBooks Enterprise Solution, you must verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop. You may receive an error message indicating that your QuickBooks Desktop subscription has lapsed or expired.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support