QuickBooks provides an excellent solution for people who want to manage business accounts easily. It is also very good software for tracking all the business activities and to store the information of the business.
It is used for small-sized and large-sized businesses and it provides highly advanced features to the users. Apart from all these features, there can be many problems with this software like any other software. The QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005 is one of the problems faced by users of QuickBooks.
The Error Code -6138, -1005 is faced by the users when they try to open the QuickBooks files in any old or previous version of QuickBooks which version was upgraded to a newer version. This error code indicated that the company files may have got stuck anywhere and the files are still open on any location. It also indicates that the hosting of that file has been lost. This problem is very general in the users of QuickBooks and this problem can be solved by two procedures.
How to Solve The QuickBooks Error 6138, 1005
If you want to solve this problem, we are providing the complete process. But before following the process of the solution, you have to make sure that your QuickBooks is up to date and has the latest version. First of all make sure that you are able to open the company files on the new version of QuickBooks.
1. Method One:
To confirm it, you should use the following process:
- First, you will open your newer version of the QuickBooks program.
- Then, you will go to File > Open or Restore Company option in QuickBooks. By this it will open the window of Open or Restore Company option.
- Then, you will choose the ‘Open a company file’ option and will click on ‘Next’.
- Now, you will go to browse the company file which you want to open.
Your problem of Error Code -6138, -1005 will be probably solved by this process. But if you are still facing this problem, you can try one more solution.
2. Alternate Method to Resolve This Error
You have to follow the following process for it:
- You will go to the path of Start>All Programs>QuickBooks first of all and then on the option QuickBooks Data server Manager.
- Then you will click on the tab of Scan Folders.
- Then choose the option of add folder with the files and will click on Scan.
- Then you will confirm that you get the heading as “QuickBooks Company files found”.
After all these steps, you will finally try to open the file and check if your problem is solved or not. You will get the solution of the Error Code -6138, -1005.
Need Professional Help?
If you are still unable to find the desired solution of this error, you can contact to the customer support phone number of the QuickBooks. You can contact the support services for the solution regarding any problem in QuickBooks. They provide 24/7 services to the users of QuickBooks and provides the online solution for all problems by dialing 📞.
You might also interested to read topic on QuickBooks Error Code 12029
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support