QuickBooks POS error 3170 generally occurs when there is a duplicate name between QB Point of Sale and QB Desktop. When the error is encountered, a message pops up on your screen stating as [QODBC] Error: 3170 – There was an error when modifying a data extension named ‘Sent To FS’. QuickBooks error message: This action needs a valid closing date password. If you are also facing the same issue then don’t worry! With the help of this blog, you can easily fix POS error code 3170 as it covers all the possible solutions for this error.
Error: Updating of item ‘Service/Labour’ in QuickBooks Failed. Export canceled Details:
Description: There was an error when modifying an ItemService. Cannot use SaleAndPurchaseMod aggregate when the item is not reimbursable
Possible causes of QuickBooks POS error 3170
It is pretty important to know the reasons behind any errors to fix them. Likewise, it is also important to know the reason for QB POS error 3170 to fix it. These are:
- The error can occur when the user attempts to alter an element of the vendor/customer list that is not complete or if the company file is corrupt.
- In the background of Windows, some active programs might crash, leading to QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 3170.
- Some QuickBooks records have been removed by corrupting some other programs or files in the device itself.
- If the QuickBooks POS app does not have the most recent updates available.
Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks POS error 3170
Check out various troubleshooting methods to fix this error:
Method 1: Check the Activity Log
The error mainly consists of the name of the vendor or customer. If you already have the name of the vendor or customer then go to the next method or else perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Customers menu within the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Next, select and click “Customer List”
- After that, make right-click on the column header
- Now, move to the Customize columns and select the “QB Status” option
- Sort out the list from the QuickBooks Status header
- Find out the customer name which shows error status or that is not posting.
Method 2: Edit the Customer or the Vendor name
- Initially, go to the Customers menu and choose Customer Center
- Similarly, go to the Vendors menu and open Vendor Center
- Next, click the name that you find in your first step and click “Edit”
- Now, at the end of the name, you have to add the number 1
- Hit “Ok” and then run Financial Exchange.
Method 3: Merge the name that you edited above
If the above solutions do not resolve your issue then perform these steps as a final step by merging the edited name and creating a new name using Financial Exchange
- Now, go to the “Edited name” and Double-click on the same button.
- Next, you need to delete/remove the “1” number mentioned, and then click “Ok”
- After that, QB prompts you to merge the vendor or customer to the vendor or customer that was created using Financial Exchange
- At last, select “Yes”.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support