Intuit has provided specific credentials for their QuickBooks Desktop 2018 users. When you log in to the QuickBooks Desktop application, an Admin user is automatically created for you. Other than the Admin user, you may also use anther log in credentials that are added by the Admin. There are circumstances that may require you to reset your QuickBooks Admin or other user’s password. In this article, you know about resetting the Admin password in QuickBooks and all the other passwords that you are using to work on QuickBooks Desktop.
Resetting your QuickBooks Password
By the solutions mentioned above, you can successfully reset the password for the Admin user as well as another QuickBooks user.
Case I: Changing the Admin Password
- Open your QuickBooks Company file.
- Select Company then go to option Set Up Users & Password.
- Select Change Your Password option.
- Enter the current password in the area designed for the current password.
- Now, enter the new password for area designed for the New Password.
- Confirm it, by entering it again.
- Press OK.
Case II: Lost or Forgotten your Admin Password
Here are two ways through which you can easily reset your forgotten Admin password.
Method I: Using the Challenge Question
- Open QuickBooks login screen and select I forgot my password.
- Provide the answer for security question accurately and press OK.
- Press Close option when you see the following message getting displayed, “Your password and challenge– — — — — — your challenge question”.
- A new window will appear i.e. Change QB Password window.
- Enter the newly created password along with the new challenge
- question for the password recently created.
- Press OK.
- Using the Reset Code
- Click on the Use the Automated Password Reset Tool For
QuickBooks Desktop application
- . This tool can also be used to reset the
Case III: Changing the Password for Another user’s
- Log into QuickBooks application as the system Administrator.
- Open the Company file.
- Click on the Company tab and select the Set Up Users & Passwords option.
- Go to Set Up QB Users option.
- You may receive a prompt to enter your recently created password again.
- From the User’s list, choose from the user whose password you want to change.
- Press Edit User option.
- Enter the newly created password for the user and enter it again to confirm it.
- Press Next option two times as it appears and then click on Finish option.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support